If you are on the hunt for the Best Christmas Cookie Recipes you have come to the right place!
We love baking cookies and we love many different varieties of cookies.
Cookie Recipes for Christmas
- Christmas Unicorn Cookies– these red and green unicorns are unique and yummy!
- Ginger Snowball Cookies– if you love ginger and you love cookie balls, these are a must try!!
- Christmas Chocolate Chip Kiss Cookies– these are super fun with red and green chocolate chips hidden inside and topped with a kiss!
- Sugar Roll Cookies– these start with a sugar cookie base and we add red and green sprinkle candies to make them festive.
- Bourbon Cookie Balls– these things are amazing and delicious!
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies– these cookies are a hoot!
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars– yes, gf can taste amazing! These are fun. We especially loved adding the red and green sprinkle candies.
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe– this traditional cookie is perfect for a crowd. Double the recipe for double the goodness!
- Peppermint Candy Cookies– this recipe uses real pieces of peppermint candies. So yummy!!
- Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies– these cookies are decadent. When orange and chocolate collide with the deliciousness of shortbread, you have a winner!!
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies– this variety uses a sugar cookie as a base and then you use fondant to make the smooth cookie top. Then you use icing, sprinkles and an edible marker to make the sweet little tree on top of each cookie. Our kids love these!
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe– this one bowl version of the most famous cookie of all times comes together easily and will not disappoint!
- Hot Chocolate Cookies– these are perfect for any chocolate fanatic in your life! And any marshmallow lovers. lol
- White Chocolate Ginger Cookies– These are super fun and delish!! Cloves, ginger and nutmeg are married with white chocolate for the perfect treat!
- Gingerbread Kiss Cookies– we love gingerbread at our house, but it does not always have to be done in the traditional shape you might be thinking of. These cookies are sprinkled with sugar and topped with a Hershey Kiss!!
- Traditional Thumbprint Christmas Cookies– these are just like the name says…. very traditional and we use jelly or jam in the middle! Just like grandma made!
- White Chocolate Pudding Cookies– these use instant Jello pudding and white chocolate chips. We add snowflake sprinkles to make them super fun. These are perfect for your Disney Frozen party too!!
- Brown Butter Sugar Cookies– if you’ve never had brown butter cookies, these are a must try!!
- Easy Christmas Peppermint Cookies– these red, white and green cookies are super fun and will hit the spot if peppermint is what you’re craving!! These make a great homemade gift!
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookies– the softest cookies you will ever eat!!
- Gingerbread Turtle Cookies– these will be gone in minutes. You better make two or three batches!!
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms– these are a traditional cookie that make the perfect gift for neighbors. And… they are gf but still packed with flavor!
- Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies– thumbprint cookies are so versatile and come in so many different varieties. We took gingerbread and make it amazing!
- Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe– did you know snickerdoodles come in many different flavors. You will love how perfect these come out of the oven!
- 30+ Holiday Cookie Recipes– this is a great list to look over if you’re planning a cookie exchange!!
- 30+ Festive Christmas Cookies– if you are all about making memories like we are, these festive cookies are right up your ally!!
- 20 Gluten Free Christmas Cookie Recipes– if you’re on the hunt for gluten free treats, this recipe collection is perfect for you!
- 20 Cookie Recipes for Cookie Press– if you want to make cookie press cookies this year for your cookie exchange, this is the list you want to look at. Simple, unique, fancy…. we found them all!
How do You Decorate Christmas Sugar Cookies
Don’t let decorating cookies overwhelm you. It really is a skill that can be easily learned at home. Here is a video that will give you lots of ideas and so much variety. The possibilities are endless!
What is Santa’s Favorite Cookies?
Personally, at our house we always leave Ranger Cookies out for Santa and he loves them!! These cookies have cornflakes, oatmeal, raisins, chocolate chips, coconut and more in them!! They are truly some of the best cookies you will ever eat!
Do you Decorate Sugar Cookies before Baking?
If you are only decorating them with colored sugars, sprinkles or candies, then yes you can do that to the dough before you cook them.
Generally, if you are decorating with icing or other toppings, you usually do that after they cool.
How do you decorate cookies with royal icing
Don’t be intimidated with royal icing. It really is easy to do and something any beginner can accomplish. Here is a video that might answer some of your questions and shows you how to make them!
Why are cookies hard after baking
This can be caused from over baking, oven temperatures being to high, too much flour being used, baking soda being out of date, or not using enough butter.
You want to make sure you always follow the directions for the recipe, including the ingredient portions.
How Do you keep cookies from Getting hard
Store your cookies in an airtight container and put one piece of bread in the container for each dozen of cookies. The cookies will actually absorb moisture from the bread to keep them moist and from drying out. Try it!