I love Christmas and baking all the best Christmas cookies that comes with it. These 30+ festive Christmas cookies are going to make this Christmas one awesome bake-a-thon.
The best part about making Christmas cookies is that you can be so creative. I mean, not that you can’t be creative with a non- holiday cookie, but during this time of year you’re almost obligated to get your creative hat out and start thinking of ways to bring some festive spirit into your creation. These are some of the best Christmas cookie recipes you will find online!
Take the cute reindeer cookies in this list–they’re each different in their execution, but they all get the idea of reindeer cookies across. It’s just so cute, I can’t stand it!
Before we get to baking, though, let’s talk about some of the things that will make these the best Christmas cookie recipes.
Tips for Making the best Christmas cookies
- Make sure to actually follow the recipe. I know that sometimes you can bake without measuring, but with a lot of these cookies, you won’t get a smooth batter or a good, solid cookie base to decorate if you don’t get the recipe right.
- If your recipe calls for icing, you can easily mess that up, even if you follow the recipe exactly. Be sure to think about what consistency you need the icing to be when you’re making it. If you put just a smidge too much milk in royal icing, it can be too flowy. So, just be cognizant of that and make sure you’re taking care when making icing.
- If you’re wanting to make these cookies for a cookie exchange party you’re driving to, be sure to pick a cookie that’s going to travel well. If you pick the reindeer cookie, for example, you might be upset if the antlers fall off. So maybe it would be better to select a cookie that isn’t likely to fall apart.
30+ Festive Christmas Cookies
I love Christmas and all the baking that comes with it. And these 20+ festive Christmas cookies are going to make this Christmas one awesome bake-a-thon.
Soft and Chewy Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies (gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free)
Troubleshooting Tips FOR Christmas COOKIES
I hate it when my cookies turn out flat. I have a handful of tips to troubleshoot:
- Was your butter room temperature?
- Was the oven too hot?
- Was the oven too cold- not calibrated properly or not at the right temp?
- Was your baking soda old?
Leave a Reply