When I was searching for the best Christmas cookies, I decided to pull together these 20 Gluten Free Christmas Cookies. They’re the best gluten free cookies for Christmas and you’re going to love each one.
And I would know. I love Christmas cookies, but I totally respect the fact that some of my family can’t have gluten. So, I’ve come up with the best Christmas cookies to try!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- Make sure to actually follow the recipe. I know that sometimes, if you’re experienced at baking you can make some pretty yummy stuff without measuring, but with a lot of gluten-free recipes, you will not like the results.
- If your recipe calls for icing, you can easily mess that up, even if you follow the recipe to the letter. Be also be sure to think about the consistency you want the icing to be while you’re making it. If you put just a smidge too much coconut milk in royal icing, it can be too flowy–and while you can add more of something, you can never take something out. So, just be cognizant of that and make sure you’re taking care when making icing.
- If you’re wanting to make these cookies for a cookie exchange party you’re driving to, be sure to pick a cookie that’s going to travel well. You might want to pack some of the more fragile versions into a tissue-paper filled box instead of just loose in the box.
20 Gluten Free Christmas Cookie Recipes
TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS FOR CHRISTMAS COOKIES
I hate it when my cookies turn out flat. I have a handful of tips to troubleshoot:
- Was your butter room temperature?
- Was the oven too hot?
- Was the oven too cold- not calibrated properly or not at the right temp?
- Was your baking soda old?