If you’re looking for a special treat to make this Valentine’s Day, why not try making some delicious chocolate sandwich cookies? This easy recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and will surely bring a smile to your loved ones’ faces. It’s easy to make and so tasty – perfect for Valentine’s Day! So grab the ingredients and get to baking with this delicious Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Recipe. You won’t be disappointed!
Making a batch of cookies from scratch is one of the most satisfying baking experiences around! Using your favorite Cookie Recipes can make it even better. With just the right combination of ingredients, you’ll be able to create a batch of mouth-watering treats that everyone will love. Plus, it’s always fun to experiment with slightly different versions until you find one that’s perfect for your tastes.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make these adorable treats!
- All-Purpose Flour– All-purpose flour is a go-to for many recipes because it is versatile and generally gives good results. For Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, all-purpose flour is a good choice because it allows the cookies to retain their shape after baking and ensures that they will be sturdy enough to support the chocolate filling.
- Unsweetened Baking Cocoa– Unsweetened Baking Cocoa is perfect for making Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookies because it is not too sweet. You want the cookies to be the star of the show, not the cocoa. With unsweetened cocoa, you can control how much sugar is in the recipe.
- Baking Soda– Baking soda is a great ingredient for making Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookies. It helps the cookies to rise and gives them a nice texture. When you bite into a cookie made with baking soda, you’ll notice that it’s light and fluffy.
- Salt– When it comes to making Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, there’s nothing better than adding a pinch of salt! Salt is a key ingredient for making a delicious sweet treat – it enhances the flavor of the cookie batter and brings out the sweetness in melted chocolate.
- Light Brown Sugar– This type of sugar makes the perfect Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookies because it has a higher moisture content than regular white sugar. This additional moisture helps to create chewy cookies that are soft on the inside and golden-brown on the outside.
- Sugar– Sugar is an essential ingredient for making delicious chocolate sandwich cookies. It helps to add flavor, texture and sweetness that make these treats irresistible. Sugar also helps to give the dough structure so it will hold together when baking in the oven.
- Unsalted Butter– One of the best tricks to making perfect chocolate sandwich cookies at home is using unsalted butter. Unsalted butter has a higher fat content than salted butter, so it helps keep your cookie dough moist and creates that sought-after chewy texture.
- Pure Vanilla Extract– However, if you want to take your cookie game to the next level, you should use pure vanilla extract when making them. Pure vanilla extract adds a subtle, yet flavorful, depth that really stands out when paired with the rich taste of chocolate.
- Egg– Chocolate Sandwich Cookies just wouldn’t be the same without egg! It adds a richness and depth of flavor that makes them so tantalizingly delicious. Egg also serves as a binding agent, which helps to keep all the ingredients together when you bite into the cookie.
- Confectioners Sugar– Confectioners sugar is a must-have ingredient when making the perfect Chocolate Sandwich Cookie filling. The finely ground sugar gives the filling its signature sweetness without coming off too sugary, while providing that desired velvety smooth texture.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Heavy Whipping Cream is the perfect ingredient for making filled cookies because it provides creaminess, structure and stability to your cookie’s filling. Its high fat content creates a denser texture than regular whipping cream, giving you that ooey-gooey mouthfeel every guaranteed to make your sandwich cookies irresistible.
- Baking Cupid Mix– Baking Cupid Mix is the perfect way to spread some love this season! Specifically designed for Valentine’s Day, this tasty treat combines gourmet marshmallows with our special blend of white chocolate chips and sprinkles – all in one convenient pouch.
Baking Essentials from Amazon
KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – Aqua SkyWilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanAmazon Basics Silicone, Non-Stick, Food Safe Baking Mat – Pack of 2Bakelicious Nylon Cookie Spatula, Purple, 2.38 x 7.5 x 1.5 inchesSilicone Spatulas Set of 4 Heat Resistant for Non Stick Cookware-Rubber Spatula Silicone for Baking Cookie Decorating Supplies Cake Turntable or Scraper-Small Fish Spatula for CookingPiping Bags and Tips Set, Cake Decorating Supplies for Baking with Reusable Pastry Bags and Tips, Standard Converters, Silicone Rings, Cake Decorating Tools for Cookie Icing, Cake, Cupcake
Do You Need to Refrigerate Cookies with Cream Filling?
Cookies with cream filling are a timeless treat that add a few extra minutes of preparation to make compared to classic chocolate chip cookies. So, do you need to refrigerate them? The short answer is: it depends. If the cookie only contains dairy-based ingredients such as butter and whipped cream for the filling, then you should definitely store them in the refrigerator!
With proper storage and care, these scrumptious treats will last at least two weeks. To ensure optimal freshness and tastiness, store them in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator. If kept refrigerated, their perfect creaminess will remain intact! Enjoy these yummy goodies this Valentine’s Day or any time this year!
How Long Do Homemade Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Cream Filling Last?
Making homemade Valentine chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling is a fun project that the whole family can enjoy together, but once these delectable and delicious treats have been made, a common question arises: how long do they last? Thankfully, as long as the ingredients are kept fresh and the baking process is done correctly, these homemade creations can last up to two weeks when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Even better, if you store them in the refrigerator they can last up to three weeks! So while the temptation of eating all of your Valentine’s Day treats right away may be strong, with proper storing techniques you’ll be able to snack on these goodies for many days after you bake.
Can You Freeze Homemade Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookies?
Making homemade Valentine chocolate sandwich cookies can be a lot of fun, and with the holiday season coming up, it’s the perfect time to show someone you care. But if you’ve made too many cookies and can’t eat them all right away, can you freeze them? The answer is yes! Chocolate sandwiches freeze quite well – just make sure to wrap each cookie tightly in parchment paper or plastic wrap before freezing.
Then, pop them in an airtight container or ziplock bag in your freezer for up to three months – that way, your delicious homemade treats will still taste fresh when Valentine’s Day rolls around. So don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen; not only do homemade chocolates make great edible gifts, they’re also easily preserved so you can enjoy them whenever you like!
Valentine Home Decor Finds on Amazon!
MPINOI Valentines Day Gnome Decor – 2Pcs Valentine Gnomes Plush Home Table Decorations, Mr & Mrs. Sweet Swedish Gnome Valentine’s Day GiftsSTMK 24 Pcs 2 Inch Valentine’s Day Rattan Balls Decorations, Wicker Balls Decorative for Valentine’s Day Home Decor DIY Vase Bowl Filler Ornament Wedding Table Decoration14” Valentine Wreath Heart Door Wreath for Front Door Wall Window Romantic Decor, 2 Tier Plastic Valentines Day Love Heart Wreath with Bowknot for Valentine’s Day Wedding Party (Red Pink)Valentines Day Decor, 6pcs Valentine Gnome Tiered Tray Bundle, Buffalo Plaid Valentine Gnome Plush, 3 Valentine Wood Signs, Valentine Bead Garland, Farmhouse Kitchech Decor, Valentine, New Year DecorNEEDOMO Valentines Day Decor, Valentines Wooden Beads Garland with Love Hearts for Valentines Decor, Valentines Decorations for The Home, Tiered Tray, Wall, Valentines Day Decorations IndoorPrimitives by Kathy 34248 Rustic White String Art Box Sign, 3.5
More Valentine Cookies You’ll Want to Make
- Valentine Sprinkle Cookie Recipe
- Valentines Day Cookies
- Valentine Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipe
You’ll Love these Other Cookie Recipes!
- Loaded Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
- Snowflake Cookie Recipe
- Crumbl Peppermint Bark Cookie Recipe
- Iced Christmas Oreo Cookie Recipe
Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Recipe
These yummy chocolate sandwich cookies are perfect for Valentine's Day! They're easy to make and require just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 Cup Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3⁄4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1⁄2 Cup Sugar
- 1⁄2 Cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg, room temp
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1⁄2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Piping Bag with Large Round Tip
- 2 Cups Yomallow Baking Cupid Mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add brown sugar, graduated sugar, and butter in another bowl. Use an electric mixer to cream them together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, water, and vanilla with the butter mixture and beat until well blended.
- Slowly begin to add the dry mixture, a little at a time, and beat to combine until all of the dry ingredients have been blended with the wet ingredients.
- Use a teaspoon to measure out the cookie dough batter into a round ball. Before putting it on the prepared cookie sheet, flatten each dough ball with your fingers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until they are set. Do not over bake.
- When fully baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- Add softened butter to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add in 1 cup of confectioners sugar, a little bit at a time and beat after each addition.
- Beat in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the remaining confectioners sugar. Continue to beat until the frosting holds a peak.
- Pair up equal size and shape cookies.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag and pipe a large dollop of frosting onto the center of one cookie in each pair.
- Create a sandwich with the top cookie, make sure frosting comes out slightly once you create a sandwich.
- Pour the cupid mix into a wide bowl and roll the edges of the cookie into the mix. Repeat the process on the remaining cookies. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply