This easy and delicious Heart Shaped Chocolate Candy Cake is the perfect way to show your love this Valentine’s Day! Our easy recipe starts with a delicious chocolate cake mix, which is then topped with an indulgent chocolate frosting and finished off with an array of delectable chocolate candies. It’s sure to impress even the most discerning chocoholic! So if you’re looking to make a truly special Valentine’s Day treat, put this easy and delightful cake at the top of your list. You won’t regret it!
Who doesn’t love a good cake? Whether it’s a traditional recipe that’s been passed down through the generations, or something new and creative, it’s always exciting to try out something new in the kitchen. Cake Recipes come in all shapes and sizes and can be adapted to suit every occasion, from birthdays to tea time treats. Best of all, when you make your own cakes you know exactly what has gone into them – making them utterly delicious.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this delicious treat!
- Cake Mix– With a wealth of cake mix varieties on the shelves, trying to find the right one for your Heart Shaped Chocolate Candy Cake can be daunting. But have no fear! The classic devil’s food cake mix is always a great pick. It’s simple and tried-and-true, creating a moist and fluffy cake that pairs perfectly with all the chocolatey goodness you’re looking to put in it. Or if you want something with a special twist, you could try an ultra-rich triple chocolate fudge mix that contains cocoa powder, semi-sweet morsels, and white chips – it definitely won’t disappoint!
- Store-Bought Chocolate Frosting– Finding the right store bought chocolate frosting for your heart shaped chocolate candy cake is an important decision. After all, it’s got to make your already delectable cake look and taste its absolute best! It’s tough to go wrong with a classic Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Chocolate Frosting. Or if you want something a bit more special, try Hershey’s indulgent Supreme Triple Chocolate Fudge Frosting. Either way, your delicious dessert is sure to delight your guests and make your Valentine’s Day memorable!
- Chocolate Candies– One of the best parts about creating this special cake, is selecting the type of chocolate candy to use as the exterior decoration. Depending on your personal preference there are several types of options that work great. If you want a classic option, chocolate foil wrapped candies like Hershey’s kisses or truffles will make a delicious decoration to finish off your special cake. Or if you are looking for something extra special, you could go with a selection of artisan made chocolates in different flavors and textures for guests to enjoy. Whichever type of chocolate candy you choose, it is sure to be delicious and make your heart shaped candy cake look even more amazing!
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
KitchenAid Professional 600 Stand Mixers, 6 quart, SilverCHEFMADE Square Cake Pan, Nonstick 8 Inch Square Baking Pan, Set of 2HONGBAKE Round Cake Pan Set for Baking, 8 Inch, Nonstick Circle Cake Pans with Wider Grips, 2 Pieces Layer Cake Tin, Cheesecake Mold, Huty Duty, Dishwasher Safe – Grey2 Pack Heavy-Duty Cooking Rack, 10×16HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Cake Server Pie Server Spatula Set, Stainless Steel Cake Cutter Cut and Serve,Serrated Spatula and Pizza Cut Turner Lift Transfer Pie Shovel Server
How Do You Make a Heart Shape Cake?
Making a heart shape using two cake pans may sound like a tricky task, but it’s actually quite simple! All you need is a round pan and a square one. First, bake normally. After your cakes have cooled, cut the round cake in half.
Place each cut-out on opposite sides of the square cake to form a heart shape using some frosting to keep the cake pieces attached. Voila! You have yourself an adorable homemade heart shape cake – perfect for any special occasion!
What Chocolate Candies are Best on Top of a Cake?
When it comes to topping a cake with chocolates, there’s no denying that chocolate chips always do the job. But to give your cake a next-level indulgent feel, why not try something a bit more creative? Chopped up mini Kit-Kat bars are great for their sweet and crunchy texture, plus you can use them to sculpt another layer of decoration on top
. Or, if you prefer something with a touch of saltiness, take some pretzel sticks or rods and smother them in melted chocolate for an amazing sweet-and-salty combo. And if you really want to pull out all the stops, get yourself some gourmet truffles or florentines – they seriously won’t disappoint!
What Can You Add to Cake Mix to Make it Taste Better?
It’s easy to improve upon a box cake mix; with a few simple ingredients, you can turn that basic cake into something far more indulgent and divine! Adding sour cream will impart moisture and richness to the final product. Chopped nuts provide texture and sweetness, while coconut flakes make it downright tropical. To really amp up the flavor profile, you can experiment with different extracts (think almond or orange).
A bit of instant coffee powder adds an unexpected depth of flavor, while zest from citrus fruits can add vibrant aroma and color. How about using cubed apples surrounded by caramel sauce? And finally, don’t forget your favorite spices; they are the perfect way to infuse your creation with both warmth and complexity. With ingenuity and just a few added extras, you can give bland boxed mix cakes a one-of-a-kind personality!
Valentine Decor Ideas from Amazon
Treory Valentines Day Decor Gnome Table Decorations Sign, 4 Pcs Valentines Day Red and Pink Wooden Tiered Tray Decor, Classic Valentines Day Decorations for The Home Table Decor Valentines Day GiftsNEEDOMO Valentines Day Decor, Valentines Wooden Beads Garland with Love Hearts for Valentines Decor, Valentines Decorations for The Home, Tiered Tray, Wall, Valentines Day Decorations IndoorAACORS Valentine’s Day Lumbar Pillow Cover 12X20 Be Mine Love Heart Decorations Farmhouse Home Decorative Cushion Case Decor for Sofa Couch AA080-12ANVAVO 24 Pieces Valentine’s Day Heart Hanging Ornaments 2.8 Inch Fabric Heart Shaped Hanging Decorations Heart Ornaments for Outdoor Home Decor Valentine’s Day Wedding Party SuppliesI Wish You Lived Next Door Ornament, Acrylic Heart Pendant, Heart Shape Hanging Ornament, Arcylic Keepsake Collectible Ornament Home Decor Valentine’s Day Gift for Friends Lover6 Pieces Valentine’s Day Tiered Tray Hearts Yarn Wrapped Christmas Ornaments Farmhouse Heart Bowl Fillers Heart Shape Home Decor for Valentine’s Day Christmas Wedding Anniversary Party
More Cake Recipes You’ll Want to Make!
- Football Shaped Cake Recipe
- Layered Black Forest Cake Recipe
- Hersheys Bar Chocolate Cake
- Red Velvet Sheet Cake Recipe
Here are Some Amazing Chocolate Desserts to Try
- German Sweet Chocolate Pie Recipe
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Chocolate Glaze
- Glazed Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 Package (2-Layer Size) Cake Mix, any flavor except angel food
- 1 Tub (8 Ounces) Store-Bought Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Candies
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Divide batter evenly between greased and floured 8-inch round and 8-inch square baking pans.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Leave square cake whole; cut round cake in half. Using small amount of frosting to hold pieces together, arrange cake on serving tray.
- Frost cake with remaining frosting. Pipe additional frosting around the edges of cake, if desired. Decorate with candies. Store cake in refrigerator.