If you’re looking for an easy recipe to impress your family and friends this holiday season, look no further than the Loaded Red Velvet Cookie Recipe. This easy cookie recipe is made with red velvet cake mix and filled with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crushed candy canes. Not only are these cookies delicious but they also look amazing. They make for the perfect Christmas cookie and will be sure to bring holiday cheer! Give this easy recipe a try and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for the Best Christmas Cookie Recipes this holiday season, look no further! Whether you opt for traditional recipes like sugar cookies or gingerbread men or something a little more creative like peppermint bark, there is something for everyone. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of patience, your home will be filled with delicious smells and special memories that will make Christmas extra special this year.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for these incredibly festive cookies!
- Unsalted Butter– Unsalted butter is the perfect choice for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies! Unsalted butter has such a creamy texture that it keeps the cookies perfectly soft and delicate with just the right amount of richness. Using unsalted butter makes these loaded cookies so much less sweet than if you were to use salted butter.
- Sugar– White sugar is the perfect ingredient for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies! White sugar adds a smooth, sweet flavor and light texture that aids in the moistness of the cookie. White sugar also helps to give the cookies the signature vibrant red color which is so iconic with this dessert.
- Large Eggs– Large eggs are an essential ingredient when it comes to making loaded red velvet cookies. Not only do they make the texture of your cookie perfectly soft and chewy, but they also act as a binding agent within the recipe itself.
- Vanilla Extract– Vanilla extract is the secret ingredient for delicious Loaded Red Velvet Cookies! The essence of vanilla adds that special flavor to the classic red velvet base of these cookies that brings out the best in them – a delightful sweet and savory combo.
- Red Food Coloring– Red Food Coloring is a key ingredient in Loaded Red Velvet Cookies – an indulgent treat known for its signature moist, fluffy texture and velvety-red color. Without Red Food Coloring, Loaded Red Velvet Cookies would be plain, brown and unappetizing!
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder– Unsweetened cocoa powder is an essential ingredient for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies. This type of cocoa powder adds a rich, intense chocolate flavor without all the sugar usually associated with dessert recipes. Unsweetened cocoa powder also helps to darken the color of the cookie, giving your treats an eye-catching deep red hue.
- Baking Soda– Baking soda plays an important role in Loaded Red Velvet Cookies; it adds just the perfect amount of leavening, which helps the cookies to rise while baking. Baking soda acts as a chemical leavening agent that increases the speed of dough expansion and elasticity, creating light and airy cookies.
- Cornstarch– Cornstarch is an essential ingredient for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies, because it gives them their desirable texture and chewiness. Cornstarch helps to ensure that the cookies don’t spread out too much while baking and stay together when served with all the goodies like chocolate chips, frosting, and sprinkles they are filled with.
- Kosher Salt– Kosher salt is an essential ingredient when it comes to making the perfect Loaded Red Velvet Cookies. Not only does Kosher salt add a subtle, yet intense flavor to the cookies, but it also helps to prevent them from becoming too sweet. Kosher salt is also vital because its unique texture helps create a contrast that offsets the smoothness of the cookies and brings out their velvety texture.
- Cake Flour– Cake flour is the secret ingredient to the perfect Loaded Red Velvet Cookie. Cake flour has a lower protein content than all-purpose flour, making it able to absorb more moisture, leading to a soft and moist cookie. Cake flour also has bleached wheat, which prevents gluten development, so your cookies have a tender middle that won’t lose its shape after baking.
- All Purpose Flour– All Purpose Flour is the ideal base for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies. This type of flour gives the perfect balance of chewy and crunchy textures to the cookie, while adding a bit of heft with each bite. The higher protein content in All Purpose Flour helps create a more solid base and holds the ingredients together more efficiently than other flours – an essential factor in making these cookies.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips– Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips are the ideal addition to Loaded Red Velvet Cookies because they provide a level of sweetness that compliments the velvety red velvet cookie base. Their richness brings out the chocolate flavors while adding an an extra layer of creamy delish.
- Mini Marshmallows– Mini Marshmallows are essential for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies. They provide the perfect amount of sweetness and gooey texture, complementing the lush, velvety flavor of the cookie. Mini Marshmallows also act as a nice contrast to the rich, dense cookie dough, making each bite fulfilling and exceptionally decadent.
- Candy Canes– Candy Canes are a perfect topping for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies! Not only do they provide a nice sweet and minty flavor that contrasts well with the richness of the cookie, but they also add a festive holiday touch. Candy Canes have charm and visual appeal that often make children’s eyes light up in anticipation of whatever is served! The combination of Candy Canes and Loaded Red Velvet Cookies brings together the best of both worlds. These cookies are sure to be a hit with all ages!
- Powdered Sugar– Powdered sugar is an essential component for making Loaded Red Velvet Cookie icing, and not just because it looks great! Its fine texture adds a smoothness to the overall texture of the icing, which complements the crunchiness of the cookie. Powdered sugar is also easy to mix in with other ingredients to create a velvety texture that spreads over the cookie evenly and easily – no mess and no fuss!
- Milk– Adding milk to Loaded Red Velvet Cookie icing not only ensures that the icing is creamy and smooth, but milk also provides properties that help stabilize the mixture. Milk will help thicken the icing so it doesn’t spread down the side of your cookies when applied, while creating a highly desirable texture.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough– Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is the perfect way to elevate Loaded Red Velvet Cookies. There’s something about creamy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough that pairs so perfectly with the decadent, red velvet cookies. Without that added Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, you’re missing out on a scrumptious delight!
- White Chocolate Chips– White Chocolate Chips are the perfect accent for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies. White chocolate has a delightful sweetness and creamy texture that complements the rich cocoa flavor of red velvet cookies perfectly.
- Holiday Sprinkles– Holiday Sprinkles are the perfect topping for Loaded Red Velvet Cookies, making them look and taste delectably festive. Just a few Holiday Sprinkles can give your cookies an eye-catching edge that takes it from plain to pro.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
KitchenAid KSM75WH Stand Mixer, 4.5 Qt, WhiteHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Glad Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout, Set of 3 | Nesting Design Saves Space | Non-Slip, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe | Kitchen Cooking and Baking Supplies, WhiteAmazon Basics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set – 3-PieceSolula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop, Size 40Wilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet Pan
What is Red Velvet Cookie Made Of?
Red velvet cookies are all the rage these days. Loaded with chocolate, these delicious treats are a truly decadent experience that you won’t soon forget. Red velvet cookie dough is made from butter, white and brown sugar, red food coloring, cocoa powder, flour, eggs, salt, and baking soda. To finish the perfect treat, cream cheese frosting is added to give it sweetness and creaminess. If you’re feeling extra indulgent you can add a variety of festive toppings such as colorful sprinkles or mini marshmallows – making them a perfect addition to any home bakery!
What Makes a Cookie Soft and Chewy?
Loaded Red Velvet Cookies are arguably one of the most decadent cookies known to man – and for good reason! Their soft, chewy texture is part of what makes them so irresistible. It all starts with a mixture of sugar, butter, and eggs; this helps keep the cookie moist and allows moisture to escape slowly during baking, creating that soft and chewy texture. Another key ingredient is baking soda or baking powder; this helps the cookie rise and stay soft once it’s cooled.
Finally, leveraging a combination of brown sugar and white sugar can help create the soft texture we love in Loaded Red Velvet Cookies. With just a few simple ingredients you can achieve addictively delicious cookies.
Why Do You Put Cornstarch in Cookies?
The addition of cornstarch to Loaded Red Velvet Cookies has been credited with creating a melt-in-your-mouth texture. Cornstarch helps to absorb moisture, resulting in a softer cookie that is lightly crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Additionally, the fine particles of cornstarch help give the cookies structure; they prevent them from spreading too much while baking, resulting in a more consistent finished product. No Loaded Red Velvet Cookie recipe would be complete without this key ingredient!
Christmas Decorations on Amazon
HawHawToys Christmas Decor – Christmas Decorations Indoor – Merry Christmas Wooden Signs & Buffalo Plaid Gnomes Plush Set for Farmhouse Rustic Home Table Tiered Tray DecorPHITRIC Christmas Decorations Indoor, Lighted Gnomes Christmas Globes with LED Lights and Timer, 4.7In Crackle Glass Ball Lamp Xmas Decorations for Fireplace, Tabletop, Home Decor Indoor OutdoorLHIUEM Joy Love Peace Christmas Indoor Outdoor Decorations,Hanging Christmas Tree Sign,Christmas Door Decor,Xmas Winter Decorations for Home Party,20.4GENMOUS Farmhouse JOY Christmas Block Wood Letters With Beaded Wreath or Ornaments For Fireplace or Mantel Decor, Rustic White Freestanding Tabletop Sign Winter Christmas Decorations Indoor Home DécorWortour Artificial Christmas Vase 3-Piece Set Flocked with Mixed Xmas Decorations Ceramic White Bottles (White)Metal Tibetan Inspired Meditation Decorative Cow Bell with Jute Hanging Rope, Brass Vintage Rustic Hanging Decorations Bell for Christmas Garland Decoration (3 PCS)
More of the Best Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Traditional Thumbprint Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Oreo Peppermint Cookies
- Oatmeal Christmas Sandwich Cookie Recipe
- Christmas Chocolate Chip Kiss Cookies
You’ll Love These Other Red Velvet Recipes
- Easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Christmas Red Velvet Fudge Recipe
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from a Cake Mix
Loaded Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
This loaded red velvet cookie recipe is perfect for the holidays! With chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and candy canes, these cookies are sure to be a hit. Best of all, they're easy to make - perfect for beginners.
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Super Red Food Coloring
- 1⁄4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Cake Flour
- 1 3⁄4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1⁄2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Candy Canes. Crushed
- 1⁄2 Cup Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1⁄8 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1⁄4 Cup Holiday Sprinkles
- 1⁄2 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 1⁄4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with silicone liners.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter and sugar.
- Using a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium for 3 minutes.
- The butter/sugar mixture will appear light in color and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating directly after adding.
- After adding each egg, blend the vanilla in the mixture.
- Add in the red food coloring, beating at low speed until mixed.
- In a large bowl add both types of flour, cocoa, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt, whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture while the mixer is on low speed.
- Continue beating the mixture until a soft dough is made.
- With the mixer on low beat in the chocolate chips until mixed.
- Put in the refrigerator, uncovered, until chilled for about 20 minutes.
- Using an ice cream / cookie scoop, scoop out dough balls weighing approximately 3.5 oz.
- Using your hands form the dough into a tall ball.
- Place 4 dough balls on the baking sheet, staggering each one.
- Using your hand, lightly press down on each dough ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake at 410 degrees for 8-11 minutes.
- The cookies will be slightly gooey in the center.
- Set to the side to allow it to cool.
- Prepare the icing by adding ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk, whisk until fully combined.
- You will want it to be a thick glaze.
- Top each cookie with icing and spread it on top of the cookie in a circle.
- Top each cookie with the cookie dough, white chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows.
- Now using a spoon drizzle more icing on top.
- Add the holiday sprinkles on top.
Leave a Reply