If you’re looking for a fun and easy football shaped cake recipe that will make game day even more special, look no further! This Football Shaped Cake Recipe is the perfect way to show your team spirit. Made with a cake mix and cool whip, it’s easy to put together – and topped with heath bar and caramel, it’s sure to be a hit. So let’s get started and make this easy football shaped cake recipe!
Cake Recipes can be a lot of fun to explore, and no matter what flavor is preferred or style is desired, there’s sure to be something special out there! You’re bound to find something that appeals to your taste buds. The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to delicious cakes.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this amazing cake!
- Cake Mix– A football shaped cake is a great way to celebrate a big game, and with the help of cake mix, it’s easy to make too! Cake mix is packed with all kinds of goodies that go into making the perfect cake. It has pre-measured easy to use ingredients, like self-rising flour for structure and leavening agents for rising.
- Cool Whip– Football season is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to enjoy some delicious desserts! One particularly tasty treat is a football-shaped cake. Using Cool Whip for your frosting makes perfect sense for this unique cake, as it spreads exceptionally well and holds its shape better than many other frostings.
- Heath Bars– The Heath Bars stand out in the most delightful way. Plus, their distinctive rectangular shape gives your cake that quintessential football look. With just a few pieces of Heath Bar on top of your cake, you’ll have all the makings of an amazing football feast!
- Caramels– Caramel will bring out the natural beauty of your football-shaped cake recipe, making it look as good as it tastes. It’s also easy to work with – you can use it to pipe out shapes and lines or form streaks and swirls on top of your cake.
- Hersheys Bar– Hershey’s chocolate bars are the perfect way to decorate a football shaped cake! Their rectangular shape makes it easy to turn the flat bars into perfectly shaped football laces.
Baking Essentials from Amazon
KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – Aqua SkyHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Cake Pan by Cuisinart, Nonstick Interior, 13 x 9 Inch, BronzeCooling Rack for Baking 2-Pack, 16×10 Inches Baking Rack, Thick Wire Cookie Rack for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling, Drying, Oven Safe, Fits Half Sheet PanAteco Stainless Steel Cake Tester – 7 Inch, Set of 3
How Long Does a Cool Whip Cake Last?
When searching for the perfect cake, you want something that will look great and also last a long time. A Cool Whip Cake is a popular choice as it uses cool whip as a fast and easy way to create a delicious dessert. But there are many questions regarding how long such a cake will stay fresh. In general, if refrigerated, the cake can last 3 or 4 days.
The moisture in the cool whip can cause cakes to spoil quicker than other cakes so ensure that all leftovers are refrigerated if you want them to last longer than a day or two. To guarantee maximum freshness for your special occasion, consider preparing your own homemade Cool Whip.
How Do You Cut a Football Shape Out of a Cake?
Baking a football-shaped cake sounds like a hard task, but it can actually be surprisingly simple. First you need to create the cake mixture and bake it in cake pans or tins. To get the right shape, use a rectangle pan. Once your cake is done baking, you can cut the cake to get it the right shape. Cut out triangles from the corners to make it resemble more of a rounded football shape before frosting.
Put two of the triangles on the long ends to make it look like a football shape before layering with the whipped topping. Finally, you can finish off with the whipped topping and the candy pieces, using them to make it look like a football with stitching and texture. With these easy steps, anyone can make a unique football-shaped cake in no time!
Can You Freeze Cake with Cool Whip and Candy?
Freezing a cake with Cool Whip and candy is an interesting baking project. It allows you to enjoy an array of creative flavors and textures in your dessert such as chewy pieces of candy or chunks of cake throughout the mixture. However, it’s important to take proper steps when freezing your creation, as the varied ingredients require their own specific guidelines for safe storage.
Make sure to wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap after it’s been cooled and frozen for about two hours before adding the whipped cream topping so that condensation does not build up on its surface. Then, sprinkle the toppings such as candy or chocolate chips to enhance the flavor. With just a few simple steps, you can transform your cake into a delicious treat!
Football Fun Finds at Amazon
Nepnuser American Football Court Table Runner Touch Down Football Birthday Party Decoration Boy Sport Farmhouse Home Dining Room Kitchen Table DecorFootball Banner Party Decorations Football Game Day Sports Birthday Party Decoration Football Banner Garland Supplies for Football Fans Club Bars Home Decor (4 Pieces)2 Pieces Football Pennant Banner American Football Theme String Flags Banners for Sports Clubs Party DecorationsAnapoliz Football Serving Trays | 10 Pcs Plastic Football Snack Trays | Game Day Football Serveware | Tailgate Party Serving Platter | Football Party Decorations | Reusable Big Game Chip Trays6 Pieces Football Banner Party Decorations Sports Paper Bunting Game Day Birthday Garland Football Theme Hanging Banners Assembled for Home Wall Decor School Party Favor Supplies Photo Props BackdropFootball Field Backdrop Decoration for Football Themed Birthday Party Background Baby Shower Decor Photography Banner
More amazing Cake Recipes You’ll Love
- Layered Black Forest Cake Recipe
- Red Velvet Sheet Cake Recipe
- Candy Cane Cookie Cake
- German Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe
Check Out These Other candy Cake Recipes!
- 1 Package Cake Mix (any flavor except angel food)
- 1 Tub (8 Ounces) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 5 Packages (1.4 Ounces each) Heath Bars
- 8 Caramels, cut in half
- Hersheys Chocolate Bar, broken into rectangles
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package for 13x9-inch baking pan. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut cake as shown. Using small amount of whipped topping to hold pieces together, arrange cake on serving tray as shown.
- Frost cake with remaining whipped topping. Decorate sides with chopped candy bars. Arrange caramel halves to resemble bands and chocolate bar rectangles to resemble laces. Store cake in refrigerator.