If you’re looking for easy recipes to whip up for Easter, look no further than these Easter Sandwich Cookies. They are perfect for a festive party and don’t take long at all to make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have these delicious treats ready in no time! Plus, they are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. Perfect for any Easter celebration, these Easter Sandwich Cookies are easy to make and sure to be a crowdpleaser. So get your ingredients ready and let’s get baking!
Cookies are a beloved treat, and it seems like everyone has their favorite recipe for the perfect cookie. Some recipes are classics that have been passed down for generations, while others combine surprising flavors or ingredients that make something entirely new. No matter what kind of cookie you’re looking to make, there’s sure to be some incredible Cookie Recipes here just waiting for you to try!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for these cute holiday treats!
- Vanilla Cake Mix– Vanilla cake mix isn’t just for cakes! A great way to repurpose a vanilla cake mix is to use it to make Easter sandwich cookies. Vanilla cake mix has all the right ingredients already inside so you don’t have to worry about individual measurements or what to add if something’s missing.
- Large Egg– Not only does a large egg provide enough mix to make enough cookie dough to feed a crowd, but they’re ideal for achieving the right density in cookie batter. Easily spread between two pieces of pastry and lightly fried, a large egg’s wonderfully fluffy texture and flavor combine perfectly with whatever type of pastry you want to use.
- Unsalted Butter– Unsalted butter has some important advantages when it comes to baking up the perfect Easter sandwich cookie! Using unsalted butter in your recipes helps to ensure that you can have better control over the amount of salt that goes into your cookies, as it makes it easier to regulate.
- Easter Sprinkles– Easter Sprinkles aren’t just for show – they actually give Easter Sandwich Cookies a boost in flavor. The sugary sweetness of the sprinkles complements the chewy, sweet taste of many Easter sandwich cookies, giving them a delicious depth.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Heavy Whipping Cream is the perfect secret ingredient for Easter Sandwich Cookie filling! It’s lusciously decadent because of its high fat content, making it incredibly smooth and creamy. The flavor profile is also a star¬–it’s rich but not too sweet, so it won’t overpower your favorite cookie recipes.
- Pink Gel Food Coloring– If you’re looking for the perfect color to add to your sandwich cookie filling for Easter, look no further than pink gel food coloring. This type of food dye comes out in a deeper hue than you might expect, adding a gorgeous pop of bright color to your cookie filling.
- Powdered Sugar– Rich and buttery, these are loved by kids and adults alike. Powdered sugar is the secret ingredient to any good Easter Sandwich Cookie recipe, as it not only adds sweetness, but also gives the filling a light and fluffy texture.
- Vanilla Extract– Vanilla extract provides an essential flavor for not only Easter but for many desserts. What makes vanilla extract so popular for holiday treats? One thing is that it has a delicious taste, with hints of nutmeg, bourbon and woody ingredients that perfectly complement a variety of baked goods.
- Large Piping Bag with Star Tip– If you’ve ever tried to fill Easter sandwich cookies with creamy filling, you know it’s tricky to get the mixture into the cookie just right. Without a large piping bag and star tip, this task can be next to impossible. Not only does the piping bag make it much easier to get the filling perfectly in place – it also gives your cookies an attractive, professional finish that looks like they were store-bought.
Baking Essentials from Amazon
Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer, Manual, White LinenMedium Cookie Scoop, Cookie Dough Scoop, 2 Tablespoons/ 30 ml/ 1 oz, Spring-Loaded Scoop, 18/8 Stainless Steel, Comfortable GripHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Disposable Piping Bags and Large Piping Tips Set,100 Pastry Icing Bags 14 Inch Thickened &1M 2D 2F Star Drop Flower Rose Piping Tips for Cream Frosting,Cookie Cake Cupcake DecoratingWilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanKitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio
What are Sandwich Cookies Made of?
Sandwich cookies are complex treats that bring together a variety of ingredients to create a delicious treat. The traditional recipe combines crunchy cookies with a dollop of creamy filling between them, made out of a variety of ingredients including chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, and cream.
The type of cookie dough can differ too – it can be regular cookie dough, shortbread cookie dough, or even nut-based dough. All the components come together to create an indulgent snack that is sure to please your taste buds!
How Do You Store Sandwich Cookies?
Storing sandwich cookies may seem like an easy task, but there are a few key factors you should consider to ensure the cookies stay fresh and delicious. While most store-bought cookies will come sealed in their original packaging, once they have been opened it is recommended that you store them in an airtight container or plastic bag. This will help preserve their crispiness, as well as keep out moisture and other contaminants that could affect the flavor and texture of your sandwich cookies.
If you can’t find a container or bag big enough for all of your treats, try wrapping individual sections using layers of wax paper or aluminum foil. Don’t forget to write on the package the date of purchase so that you don’t eat or serve expired goodies by accident!
Can You Make Easter Sandwich Cookies Ahead of Time?
If you’re looking for a tasty treat to add to your Easter celebration this year, sandwich cookies might be just what the Easter bunny ordered! Making these delicious desserts ahead of time can take some of the stress out of your special day. Luckily, Easter sandwich cookies are easy to make in advance – all you have to do is prepare your dough, shape it into cookies, bake as usual and then let cool completely.
Once cooled, separate them into pairs and use your favorite icing between them. Then simply stack the cookie pairs neatly in an airtight container and they’ll be ready whenever you need them! With a few simple steps, you could have delicious Easter sandwich cookies at the ready.
Easter Home Decor from Amazon
Hodao Easter Bunny Couple Decorations Spring Easter Rabbit Decors Figurines Tabletopper Decorations for Party Home Holiday Cute Rabbit Easter Day Couple Gifts DecorationsThe Lakeside Collection Cottontail Easter Bunny Wreath – Spring Season Front Door DecorationSY Super Bang Hop Sign, Rustic Wooden Hanging Easter Front Door Wreaths Decorations, For Home Wall Porch Farmhouse Spring Summer Party Decor – Indoor/Outdoor.ARKENY Easter Buffalo Plaid Table Runner 72 Inches, Rabbit Coffee Home Dining Indoor Seasonal Spring Holiday Farmhouse Tabletop Decor AT3814 Pack Wooden Easter Bunny Table Decorations Easter Peeps Decor Spring Wood Bunnies Rabbit Ornament Farmhouse Tabletop Decor for Easter Party Tiered Tray Mantle Desk Office Home Party Patio Yard DecorLulu Home Easter Tabletop Ornament, 8.3
More Easter Recipes You’ll Love
Check Out These Other Cookie Recipes
- St Patricks Day Meringue Cookie Recipe
- Valentine Sprinkle Cookie Recipe
- Valentine Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Recipe
- Oatmeal Christmas Sandwich Cookie Recipe
- 1 Box French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Large Egg
- 1⁄2 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 3 Cups Easter Sprinkles
- 1⁄2 Cups Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pink Gel Food Coloring
- 1 Large Piping Bag with Star Tip
- Preheat oven and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Using a standing mixer and whisk attachment, combine the cake mix, egg, and butter. Beat until a soft dough forms.
- Mix in 1 Cup of sprinkles.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into a ball.
- Pour remaining sprinkles into a bowl and roll the dough ball in the sprinkles until completely coated.
- Place the dough balls onto the cookie sheets and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes Remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the Filling:
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy whipping cream and a few drops of pink gel food coloring. Beat the butter until creamy and holds a peak.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag.
- Pair the whoopie pies up to make a sandwich and pipe frosting onto the bottom whoopie pie.
- Place the top whoopie pie onto the frosting and gently press down .