If you’re looking for easy recipes the whole family will love, look no further than these Rainbow Mini Cakes! Perfect for a party or just some fun during an ordinary day, they are easy to make and require just a few ingredients. With bright colors and delicious icing, these mini cakes are sure to be a hit with everyone! Don’t forget to add some multicolored licorice strips for the perfect finishing touch. Get ready to be wowed by these easy and delicious Rainbow Mini Cakes!
If you’re looking for delicious Cake Recipes to wow your family, you should try your hand at making a moist chocolate cake. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make and perfect for special occasions or just to enjoy with a hot cup of tea on an afternoon! With the right ingredients and clear instructions, whipping up this sweet treat will be a piece of cake.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for these delightful treats!
- All-Purpose Flour– All-purpose flour is a great choice when making Rainbow Mini Cakes because not only does it provide the basic structure and texture of the cake, but it also slightly sweetens the flavor profile. This key ingredient also helps keep these smaller, individual-sized cakes moist and fluffy with maximum texture.
- Baking Powder– Adding this leavening agent gives the mini cakes structure and lightness. Plus, it adds a mild flavor that really brings out the colors and sweetness of the cake.
- Salt– Adding salt to recipes has always been a way to cut through the sweetness and make flavors really stand out. This is especially true in Rainbow Mini Cakes, which are naturally quite sweet on their own.
- Large Eggs– Large eggs are a great choice for baking rainbow mini cakes because not only do they provide that signature fluffy texture that goes perfectly with the delicate flavor, but also because large eggs will be better balanced to ensure the cake layer has structure and doesn’t collapse during baking.
- Sugar– Rainbow mini cakes are always a joy to see, especially with the perfect amount of sparkly sugar dusted on top! The way that the sweet scent and delicate texture of the sugar crystal blends in with the soft, fluffy cake can make any day brighter.
- Vanilla– Vanilla is always a great choice when baking mini cakes, especially rainbow mini cakes. Not only does the sweet, creamy flavor of the vanilla give the cakes a wonderfully delightful taste, but it also helps to bring out the other flavors you combine the cake with.
- Canola Oil– Canola oil is a great choice when making Rainbow Mini Cakes, because it has a neutral flavor. It doesn’t overpower the taste of other ingredients, which keeps all of the flavors in balance. Canola oil also helps to keep the cakes light and fluffy since it binds together ingredients like flour and eggs.
- Milk– Adding milk to Rainbow Mini Cakes can be the key to making a deliciously moist treat! Milk contains fat and protein which helps keep the miniature cakes from getting dry, and it also acts as an emulsifier so your batter will mix more evenly.
- Butter– Butter adds so much flavor to Rainbow Mini Cakes frosting, it’s no wonder why it’s a favorite ingredient amongst bakers! Not only does butter give the frosting a delightful taste and smell, but it also gives the frosting a creamy texture and holds its shape better than other options like margarine.
- Multicolored Nonpareils– Multicolored nonpareils make a great addition to rainbow mini cakes. Not only are they colorful and vibrant, but they add an extra crunchy texture that compliments the softness of the cake.
- Icing Sugar– Icing sugar is an essential ingredient for making Rainbow Mini Cakes Frosting, as it helps make the finished product much more light and fluffy. Icing sugar adds sweetness to the cake and also gives it a smooth texture.
- Multicolored Licorice Strips– Multicolored licorice strips added to rainbow mini cakes add a splash of delicious color and flavor to an already delicious dessert! The combination of soft, fluffy cake and flavorful licorice creates a texture and taste sensation that can’t be beat.
Baking Essentials from Amazon
Wilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanKitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, PistachioHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Piping Bags Disposable 100pcs, firstake 12 Inch Thickened Pastry Bags, Anti Burst Frosting Bags, Non-slip Icing Piping Bags and Tips Set for Baking Cupcake, Cookies and Cake Decorating3 Pieces Round Biscuit Cutter with Handle – Stainless Steel Round Circle Doughnut Cutter Baking Molds Assorted SizeKitchenAid KE060OHOBA Classic Utility Whisk, One Size, Black 2
What Size is a Mini Cake?
Mini cakes might sound small, but when it comes to size, it’s actually hard to pinpoint exactly how big a mini cake is. They can range from being very petite and cute like cupcakes, all the way up to much larger slices that could be easily shared with several people.
Some bakeries even offer them in all sorts of pre-set sizes, so if you’re unsure of what size would fit your occasion best, the question of “What size is a mini cake?” can be easily answered by your local bakery.
How Do You Best Store Rainbow Mini Cakes?
Rainbow Mini Cakes are a delicious and eye-catching treat that can brighten up any party, but because of their small size and colorful decorations, they also require a little extra care when it comes to storage.
To ensure your brightly-colored mini cakes stay as fresh as possible for longer, you need to store them in an airtight container at room temperature – no refrigerators! Make sure the container you use is lined with paper towels or parchment paper so the colors and decorations of the cakes don’t smudge. Finally, all mini cakes should be eaten within 4 days.
With these simple tips, you can keep your Rainbow Mini Cakes looking beautiful so they’re ready-to-eat whenever you need them!
How Can You Tell if a Cake has Baked Long Enough?
Knowing when a cake has baked long enough can be tricky, but with a little practice you can get it right every time. A good way to judge whether the cake is done is by performing the toothpick test: simply insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and then take it out again. If there’s no batter or crumbs on it, then the cake is done baking.
You can also press down lightly on the top of your cake to see if any batter springs up or if it stays firm – if it stays firm, then you’re in the clear! Both these checks can help you to bake tasty cakes every time – enjoy!
Rainbow Fun at Amazon
Dcswihg Boho Home Girl Room Decor Wall Rainbow Cute Bedroom Decor For Girls Photo Wall Pediments Living Room Aesthetic With 9 Pcs Hairpin Handmade Woven Macrame -32inchGranila Boho Throw Pillow Covers Decorative 18×18 Inch Rainbow Pattern for Couch Home Sofa Outdoor Decor Simple Cotton Textured Cushion Case Square Decorations 1 Pcs (Colorful White and Yellow)ZXMJYHK Colorful Rainbow Stained Glass Window Hangings Ornament,Sun Catchers Indoor Window,6 X 3 Inches Stained Glass Window Home Decor Gift Gift for Friends,Mother, LoverOkuna Outpost Rainbow Wind Chimes for Outdoor or Indoor Decor (11.22 x 18.9 Inches)Pastel Rainbow Tassel Garland – Boho Tassel Garland with Wood Beads – Wall Decor for Dorm, Girls Room and Nursery Room for Home Party Baby Shower Supplies (Soft Colors) (C)
More Cake Recipes You’ll Love!
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Candy Cake
- Hersheys Bar Chocolate Cake
- Layered Black Forest Cake Recipe
- Red Velvet Sheet Cake Recipe
Try Out these Other Fun Rainbow Recipes
- Confetti Cookie Recipe
- Rainbow Sugar Cookies
- Unicorn Rainbow Ice Pops
- Super Sweet Rainbow Puppy Chow Recipe
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 6 Tablespoons Multicolored Nonpareils (sprinkles)
- Circular Cookie Cutter, about 3 inches in diameter
- ¾ Cup Stick Butter, softened
- 3 Cups Icing Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
- Multicolored Nonpareils (sprinkles)
- Multicolored Licorice Strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add vanilla and canola oil and whisk until completely combined.
- In thirds, slowly add dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients, alternating with the milk.
- Once batter is formed, add nonpareil sprinkles and fold.
- Pour batter onto lined baking sheet and even it out with a spatula.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and once cooled, cut out 12 circles using your cookie cutter.
- Make buttercream by beating together butter, icing sugar and milk with an electric mixer. Start on low speed and gradually increase to high.
- Once buttercream starts to take form (creamy and forms semi-stiff peaks), scoop into a piping bag with a round tip (Wilton #12 works just fine).
- Frost 6 of your circular mini cakes. Add an unfrosted circular mini cake on top.
- Frost the top of each layered cake and smooth it out with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the top of each cake with nonpareils and press down.
- Pipe out mini dots on each side of the top of each cake - these will act as “clouds.”
- Cut multicolored licorice strips so that they’re about 4 inches in size each. You’ll need 6 strips.
- Arch a licorice strip on each cake - it should be secured and good to stand with the help of each buttercream cloud.
- Serve and enjoy!