Do you dream of a delicious and indulgent dessert that doesn’t require hours of hard work? If so, you’re in luck! Our delicious Death by Chocolate Poke Cake is an easy-to-assemble treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth. We’ve taken a devil’s food chocolate cake mix and jazzed it up with a mouthwatering combination of condensed milk, chocolate sauce, cocoa powder, and a whipped topping – you won’t be able to resist it! Give the recipe a try today and enjoy a delectable piece of cake that’s sure to impress.
Have you tried making a poke cake yet? If not, you are missing out on one of the most delicious desserts out there! Poke Cake Recipes are simple to make, but the end result is anything but ordinary. By poking holes in the cake and filling them with pudding, Jello, or other tasty fillings, you get a moist, flavorful dessert that everyone will love. With endless flavor combinations, from chocolate to lemon to banana, there is a poke cake recipe to suit any taste preference. So why not give it a try and impress your friends and family with your baking skills?
Not only are poke cakes delicious and easy to make, they’re also perfect for feeding a crowd. Whether you’re hosting a family gathering, a birthday party, or just want to treat your coworkers, a poke cake is sure to be a hit. And the best part? They’re customizable to fit any occasion.
Amazing Poke Cake Recipes
- Vanilla Poke Cake Recipe
- Carrot Poke Cake Recipe
- Ultimate Chocolate Poke Cake
- German Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe
Ingredients Needed foR Death By CHOCOLATE Poke Cake:
Here’s what you need for this easy dessert!
- Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix– The richness of the cocoa powder used in this mix is unparalleled. It creates a heavenly flavor that pairs perfectly with the fudgy chocolate filling that seeps into each and every poke. And let’s not forget about the moistness of the cake itself. It’s like biting into a cloud that melts in your mouth with each and every bite.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– This magical liquid gold brings an extra level of creaminess and sweetness to the already luscious chocolate cake. As you take a bite and the sweet milk seeps into the indulgent layers, you’ll understand why this ingredient is so essential to creating the ultimate death by chocolate experience.
- Chocolate Sauce– The richness of the chocolate sauce adds an extra layer of depth to the already decadent cake. It’s like a symphony of flavors happening in your mouth. Plus, the sauce seeps into each and every poke, adding even more moisture and richness to the cake. It’s the ultimate combination of texture and flavor that is simply irresistible.
- Whipped Topping– There’s just something about the light and fluffy texture of whipped topping that perfectly complements the rich and decadent flavor of death by chocolate cake. It’s like a match made in dessert heaven. Plus, using whipped topping as frosting means you don’t have to worry about spending hours mixing and whipping buttercream or cream cheese frosting.
- Cocoa Powder– Cocoa powder is the unsung hero in baking, especially for frosting. Not only does it add a rich, chocolate flavor, but it also enhances the color of the frosting. Once you try cocoa powder frosting on top of a death by chocolate poke cake, you’ll never go back to plain old frosting again.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
Rubber spatulas make baking so much easier. They help you get every last bit of that batter into the pan. Here are some of our must have kitchen tools and gadgets.
Cuisinart 9-Inch Round Cake Pan, Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware, Silver, AMB-9RCKRFAQK 35PCs Cake Turntable and Leveler-Rotating Cake Stand with Non Slip pad-7 Icing Tips and 20 Bags- Straight & Offset Spatula-3 Scraper Set -EBook-Cake Decorating Supplies Kit -Baking ToolsWilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Baking Pan with Lid, 9 x 13-Inch, SteelKitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk
Why Do They Call it Death by Chocolate Cake?
Have you ever tried something so decadent, so deliciously sweet, that it felt like your taste buds were going to go to chocolate heaven? Well, if you have, then you know exactly what “Death by Chocolate” is all about! This indulgent dessert is typically made with several layers of chocolate cake, ganache, and syrup, topped off with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and even more ganache for good measure.
But, why “Death by Chocolate”, you may ask? Well, the name stems from the fact that this dessert is so rich and chocolaty, that it takes your taste buds on a journey to the sweetest of sweet endings – hence, the reference to “death”. But hey, sometimes it’s worth it to take the risk and indulge in a little bit of chocolate heaven – just be warned, you might not want to share!
Why is My Poke Cake Soggy?
Are you experiencing some gooeyness in your poke cake? Don’t fret, my friend. There are several reasons why this may occur. First, did you let the cake cool completely before adding the pudding or other fillings? If not, the heat and moisture from the cake could have caused the filling to sink in and make the bottom layers soggy.
Another possibility is that the filling may have been too runny or not cooked properly, causing it to seep into the cake too much. And finally, overfilling the holes in the cake could also be the culprit. Remember to only add enough filling to soak into the cake without making it too wet.
Don’t worry, with a little troubleshooting, your next poke cake will come out perfectly moist without being too soggy.
What’s the Best Way to Store a Poke Cake with Frosting?
So, you’ve whipped up a delicious poke cake with some killer frosting. Yum! But now comes the question: how to store it? You don’t want the cake to dry out or the frosting to melt or become gooey. The best way to store a poke cake with frosting is by covering it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and leaving it in the fridge.
Make sure the cake is cooled down completely before wrapping it up – otherwise, it’ll just create moisture and cause the frosting to slide off. You can always take it out of the fridge a little bit before serving to let it come to room temperature. And, of course, be sure to enjoy every single delicious bite!
Cake Baking Essentials at Amazon
Amazon is one of the best places to buy your cooking and baking essentials. The prices just can’t be beat. Here are some of our favorites. I own the nesting KitchenAid bowls and they are handy and easy to store.
Amazon Basics Nonstick Round Baking Cake Pan, 9 Inch, Set of 2Electric Hand Mixer with Mixing Bowls Set, 5-Speeds Handheld Mixers with Whisks Beater Stainless Steel Metal Nesting Mixing Bowl Measuring Cups Spoons Kitchen Mixer Blender Baking Supplies PreppingKootek Cake Decorating Kit Baking Supplies Cake Turntable with 2 Frosting Straight Angled Spatula 3 Icing Smoother Scrapers Baking Accessories Tools for Beginners and Pros, WhiteKitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsKitchenaid Artisan Mini Plus 3.5-Qt. Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Flex Edge BeaterMueller Electric Hand Mixer, 5 Speed 250W Turbo with Snap-On Storage Case and 4 Stainless Steel Accessories for Easy Whipping, Mixing Cookies, Brownies, Cakes, and Dough Batters
Chocolate Cake RECIPES:
If you are a chocolate cake lover, you will adore all of these recipe ideas. They are easy to pull off no matter the level of baking experience you have!
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Candy Cake
- Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Chocolate Glaze
In conclusion, poke cakes are a delightful and easy-to-make dessert that has taken the baking world by storm. With its moist and flavorful texture, it’s no surprise that this dessert has gained such popularity. The best thing about poke cakes is that they are incredibly versatile, and you can experiment with a range of flavors to keep things exciting. So why not take a break from the mundane dessert routine and try out a poke cake recipe today?
Death by Chocolate Poke Cake
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this decadent and easy to assemble Death by Chocolate Poke Cake. Try making your own today.
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- Ingredients needed to make cake from the cake mix: eggs oil, water, etc.
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Chocolate Sauce
- 8 Ounces of Whipped Topping
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- Chopped Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make cake mix according to package directions and bake in a well-greased 9×13 pan according to the cake mix instructions.
- Mix the chocolate sauce and the condensed milk together in a bowl and warm in the microwave for about 45 seconds for easier pouring.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes, then poke holes with a straw around the cake, about 1-inch apart.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and ¾ of the chocolate sauce over the top of the cake and allow it to seep into the holes that were poked into the cake.
- Place the whipped topping and the cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl and combine.
- Spread the chocolate topping over the cake. Drizzle the top with the remaining chocolate sauce. Then sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.
Leave a Reply