Are you looking for a delicious, easy-to-make dessert that is sure to impress? If so, our Pistachio Poke Cake Recipe is the perfect solution! This tasty treat combines the irresistible flavors of pistachio pudding, white cake mix and heavy cream with the added bonus of festive sprinkles on top. It’s the perfect way to take your dessert game to the next level and make a lasting impression! Get ready to indulge in this mouth-watering poke cake recipe and take your taste buds on a delightful journey!
Have you ever had a slice of poke cake? It’s like regular cake, but with a fun little surprise hiding inside. Poke Cake Recipes have been around for ages, but they’re still a hit at backyard barbecues and potlucks. The idea is simple: bake a cake, poke holes in it with a fork, and then pour some kind of filling over the top. Jell-O, pudding, and sweetened condensed milk are some popular options. The filling seeps down into the holes, infusing each bite with extra flavor and moisture. Plus, who can resist those pretty swirls of color on top? Poke cakes are an easy and crowd-pleasing dessert that you’ll want to make again and again.
Delicious Poke Cake Recipes to Try!
The beauty of poke cakes is in their versatility and you can get creative with the fillings and toppings. With so many varieties and flavor combinations to choose from, poke cakes are sure to become your new go-to dessert. Here are some variations I think you might love!
- Death by Chocolate Poke Cake
- Vanilla Poke Cake Recipe
- Carrot Poke Cake Recipe
- Ultimate Chocolate Poke Cake
Ingredients Needed for pistachio poke cake
Here’s what you need for this delicious dessert!
- White Cake Mix– White cake has a neutral flavor that won’t clash with the pistachio pudding and other ingredients. Plus, the fluffy texture of a white cake makes it the ideal base for a poke cake. As you poke holes in the cake and fill them with the pudding mixture, you want a cake that can absorb the flavors and retain its shape.
- Cold Milk– Cold milk doesn’t just keep your pudding mix fresh, it also helps to create a smooth, creamy texture that’ll make your taste buds dance. Plus, the cold temperature of the milk slows down the chemical reaction that thickens the pudding, giving you a bit more time to mix it with ease.
- Pistachio Instant Pudding Pie Mix– This mix contains all the rich and nutty flavors that perfectly complement the spongey texture of the cake. The sweet and creamy pudding seeps into the holes you poke in the cake, creating a moist and luscious dessert everyone will enjoy.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– When it comes to frosting, there are a variety of options out there to choose from. But if you’re looking for the perfect pairing for the nutty, sweet taste of pistachio poke cake, heavy whipping cream is the way to go. This cream is thicker and richer than other types, making for a velvety smooth frosting that holds its shape well and won’t turn runny on your cake.
- Sugar–Sugar also helps to stabilize the heavy cream that’s used in the frosting. That’s key because nobody wants a frosting that’s droopy or runny. Instead, you’ll achieve a velvety-smooth texture that pairs perfectly with the nutty, pistachio flavor of the cake.
- Sprinkles– Let’s just say that sprinkles and cake are like the dynamic duo of desserts. But when it comes to Pistachio Poke Cake, sprinkles just take it to a whole new level of deliciousness. These tiny, colorful bits of sugar not only add a fun pop of color to the cake, but also give it a slightly crunchy texture with each bite.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
A well stocked kitchen, with the right tools, will help you get the job done. Here are some of my favorite kitchen baking essentials.
KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsMHCC 5-Speed Electric Hand Mixer with Snap-On Storage Case and 5 pcs Beaters Accessories, 250-Watt-BlackCooptop Silicone Spatula Set – Rubber Spatula – 600°F Heat Resistant Baking Spoon & Spatulas(Dark Grey)GoodCook Mega Grip 13GreenLife Bakeware Healthy Ceramic Nonstick, 13AmazonCommercial Stainless Steel Whisk, 14 Inch
What is Poke Cake Made Of?
Have you ever heard of poke cake? It’s a dessert that’s been around for decades, but has recently seen a resurgence in popularity. So what exactly is it made of? Well, the base of poke cake is usually a simple vanilla or chocolate cake, but the magic happens when it’s poked and filled with a sweet liquid or filling, like Jell-O or pudding.
As the cake sits, the filling seeps into the holes, infusing each slice with an extra burst of flavor. Top it off with some whipped cream or frosting and you’ve got yourself a deliciously moist and flavorful dessert.
What Flavors Pair Well with Pistachio?
Pistachio is a delicious and unique flavor that pairs well with a variety of other flavors. Its nutty and slightly sweet taste can be complemented by other nutty flavors like almond or hazelnut. For those who have a sweet tooth, pistachio can also be paired with fruity flavors like raspberry or strawberry to give a refreshing and dessert-like taste.
For a fun twist, try combining pistachio with spices like cinnamon or cardamom for a unique and exotic flavor pairing. The possibilities are endless when it comes to pairing pistachio, so don’t be afraid to experiment and see what flavor combinations are your perfect match.
How Do You Store a Poke Cake with Frosting?
So, you’ve just whipped up a delicious poke cake with frosting and now you’re wondering, how do you store it without messing up that beautiful topping? Well, fear not my cake-loving friend! First off, make sure the cake is completely cool before attempting to store it.
Then, cover it with a layer of plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh. If you have a cake carrier, that’s even better! The key is to be gentle when covering the cake, as you don’t want to smoosh the frosting. Once covered, keep the cake in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
And if you have any leftovers (doubtful, but hey, it could happen), just repeat the same process for storage. Happy cake-eating!
Cake Making Essentials at Amazon!
If you don’t have a KitchenAid mixer in your kitchen, you are really missing out. It is one of my go-go baking essentials. Here are more of my favorite things:
HONGBAKE Round Cake Pan Set for Baking, 8 Inch, Nonstick Circle Cake Pans with Wider Grips, 2 Pieces Layer Cake Tin, Cheesecake Mold, Huty Duty, Dishwasher Safe – GreyKootek 12 Inch Cake Turntable Cake Decorating Kit Supplies, 7 Pcs Baking Supplies Aluminium Alloy Revolving Cake Decorating Stand, with 3 Icing Smoother, Icing Spatula, Silicone Spatula, Cake CutterWilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pans, Set of 2, Steel Cake PansKitchenaid Artisan Mini Plus 3.5-Qt. Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Flex Edge BeaterElectric Hand Mixer with Mixing Bowls Set, 5-Speeds Handheld Mixers with Whisks Beater Stainless Steel Metal Nesting Mixing Bowl Measuring Cups Spoons Kitchen Mixer Blender Baking Supplies PreppingMrs. Anderson’s Baking Adjustable 2-Wire Layer Cake Cutter and Leveler, Stainless Steel
More cake Recipes You’ll Want to Make
Who doesn’t love a delicious slice of cake? Whether it’s for a special occasion or just because you have a craving, baking a cake can be a fun and rewarding experience. With so many recipes out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the best one. Here are more of our favorite cake recipes that we think you will love.
- Football Shaped Cake Recipe
- Beautiful Rustic Carrot Cake Recipe
- Mississippi Mud Cake Recipe
- Peach Birthday Cake Recipe
Pistachio Poke Cake
Indulge in this easy and delicious Pistachio Poke Cake! Bring your dessert game to the next level with this irresistible poke cake recipe!
- 1 Box White Cake Mix (for your cake to be truly white, use this method: ½ cup oil, 1 ¼ cup water and 4 egg whites)
- 2 1/4 Cups Cold Milk
- 1 (4-Serving Size) Package Pistachio Flavored Instant Pudding & Pie Filling Mix
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions using water, oil and eggs to make a 13 x 9-inch cake.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Poke holes in the cake using standard plastic drinking straw, about 3/4-inch apart, almost to the bottom of the cake.
- Whisk milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl until completely smooth. Pour into holes and over the surface of the cake.
- Gently tap the pan on the countertop so the pudding mixture flows into holes. Chill 1 hour.
- Add the whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar to a stand mixer(or large bowl & hand mixer) whip on high until stiff peaks form in your cream.
- Spread whipped cream over cake. Sprinkle with fun sprinkles.
You can skip whipping the heavy cream into whipped cream if you purchase 8 ounces of whipped topping.
Leave a Reply