Are you looking for a delicious, easy-to-make dessert that will make your mouth water? Look no further than this Carrot Poke Cake Recipe! This moist and fluffy cake is filled with a sweetened condensed milk caramel topping, cream cheese frosting, and chopped pecans. You won’t be able to resist the irresistible combination of flavors in this scrumptious treat. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion – guaranteed to wow your guests! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
Who doesn’t love a good poke cake? It’s the perfect dessert to have for any celebration or gathering. Poke cakes are delicious, and their hollowed-out pockets of sweetness and buttery glaze make them an indulgent treat. And with so many homemade Poke Cake Recipes to choose from, there’s no excuse not to give these tasty desserts a try! With simple ingredients and minimal effort, everyone can create a unique, show-stopping cake – so why not get your bake on today?
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this delicious dessert!
- Carrot Cake Mix– Store-bought mix not only saves time in the kitchen, but also has added convenience and consistent quality. Boxed carrot cake mix features all of the key ingredients you’ll need to make a moist and flavorful cake: pre-made spices, oil, flour, sugar and more.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– Sweetened condensed milk is a rich, decadent topping for carrot poke cake that complements its flavors perfectly. Made from a mixture of evaporated and sweetened milk, this delicious mixture forms a creamy, luscious layer. Its subtly sweet flavor really helps to bring out the nutmeg and cinnamon notes in the cake itself.
- Caramel Topping– Caramel is the perfect topping for a Carrot Poke Cake. It creates a creamy, buttery texture with just the right amount of sweetness that brings out the flavor profiles of both elements when they’re combined. The caramel works to envelop the soft, spongy carrot cake around it in indulgence and compliments its warm spices and texture.
- Cream Cheese Frosting– Cream cheese frosting is an indulgence all on its own, but it really aces the carrot poke cake. The creamy and slightly tangy cream cheese frosting is a wonderful contrast to the light and delicately sweet flavor of the cake. With each bite, you get that perfect balance between sweet and salty, velvety soft and smooth, as well as a hint of richness.
- Vanilla Extract– Carrot poke cake is an incredible dessert, but did you know a little drop of vanilla extract can take it up a notch? Vanilla extract is a frequently overlooked secret ingredient that packs a flavorful punch.
- Chopped Pecans– Chopped pecans add a delightful crunch and nutty flavor to the moist and fluffy carrot poke cake. They provide contrast to the soft texture of the cake, while their flavor complements the other ingredients of the dessert – ginger, cream cheese frosting, grated carrots.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
There are many baking essentials that I keep in my kitchen at all times. They make creating any dessert so much easier. All of these are things I consider essential and they can all be found on Amazon.
KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – Aqua SkyMHCC Hand Mixer,5-Speed Electric Hand Mixer with Whisk, Storage Case,Kitchen Handheld Beaters,BlackCuisinart 13 by 9-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Cake Pan, ChampagneNordic Ware Classic Metal 9×13 Covered Cake PanHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Farberware Professional Plastic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3 (Aqua Coral),1.9 liters
What is the Best Way to Poke Holes in a Poke Cake?
Poking holes in a poke cake may sound tricky, but it can be pretty easy! The best way to do this without missing any spots is to use the top of a wooden spoon.
Take the tip of the spoon handle and insert it all the way into your cake until it reaches the bottom of the pan. It’s important to make sure you poke all around your cake edges, leaving lots of tasty holes.
You’ll want enough openings so that your flavorings will get through- otherwise you won’t get that creamy and delicious taste you are looking for!
Why is My Carrot Cake Not Fluffy?
Have you ever taken a bite of carrot cake only to find it’s a bit denser than you were expecting? You may have experienced the frustration of a not-so-fluffy cake. The good news is that there are several possible explanations for this result and a few simple steps you can take to make your next carrot cake as light and sweet as it should be. To start, make sure to whisk together wet ingredients like milk, butter, and eggs thoroughly with the dry ingredients.
Next, be sure not to overmix the batter; once all the ingredients have been combined, move on to baking. Additionally, when measuring flour use the spoon-and-level method instead of dipping into the bag or container; too much flour can lead to subpar texture. Following these tips will help make sure your next batch of carrot cake is perfectly fluffy!
Can You Make Carrot Poke Cake Ahead of Time?
Carrot poke cake is a delicious dessert that can make a great centerpiece for any occasion. And the best part is that you can easily make it ahead of time! All you have to do is follow the instructions and bake the cake according to the recipe. Once it’s out of the oven, let the cake cool then poke holes into it with something like a wooden spoon handle or end of a spoon.Then, mix together your frosting ingredients and pour it into each hole.
Let it chill in the fridge while you prepare your favorite fillings, such as diced carrots, walnuts, coconut flakes and more! The end result will be an incredibly sweet and moist poke carrot cake ready for you to serve up for family and friends.
Cake Baking Essentials at Amazon
Amazon is one of my favorite places to get my cake baking supplies from. I love that I can order what I need, without leaving the house, and it’s delivered in two days (and sometimes less!). Here are some things you should consider adding to your kitchen.
Kootek Cake Decorating Kit Baking Supplies Cake Turntable with 2 Frosting Straight Angled Spatula 3 Icing Smoother Scrapers Baking Accessories Tools for Beginners and Pros, WhiteAmazon Basics Nonstick Round Baking Cake Pan, 9 Inch, Set of 2300 Sheets Round Baking Parchment Paper, 6/8/10 Inch Non-Stick Cake Pan Parchment Liner for Baking, Grilling and Steaming BreadKitchenAid RRK150IC 5 Qt. Artisan Series – Ice (Renewed)KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5
You’ll Love These Other Poke Cakes
Poke cakes make an awesome dessert! They are incredibly easy to make and require minimal time and effort. And, there are so many different combinations you can create. Here are some of our favorites.
more Cream Cheese Frosting Treats
Cream cheese is a great frosting because it provides a rich, creamy texture that is perfect for decorating desserts. It has a unique flavor that pairs well with many different types of cakes, cupcakes and cookies. I think you will love all of these ideas!
- Crumbl Pumpkin Roll Cookie Recipe
- Gingerbread Cupcake Recipe
- Easy Apple Butter Cake Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Egg Fruit Pizza
This carrot poke cake is unique and yummy and super easy to make. But also I love that it’s a great use of fresh carrots, which contain essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, vitamin K, manganese, potassium and more.
In addition to being nutritiousI think you will find this cake is incredibly moist and flavorful thanks to the grated carrots that are used in the recipe. The combination of spices give it a unique flavor profile that stands out from other traditional desserts. It’s sure to impress your guests!
- 1 Box Carrot Cake Cake Mix (Plus Ingredients Needed to Make Cake)
- 1 (14 Ounce) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (12.25 Ounce) Jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 Tub Cream Cheese Frosting from Store
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Bake cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to direction on the package.
- While cake is baking, mix sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping until well blended.
- When the cake is done and while it’s still hot, poke holes in it with a fork. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Empty the cream cheese frosting into a stand mixer and whip for 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- After decorating your cake sprinkle with the chopped nuts.