Are you looking to treat yourself and your friends to a delicious dessert that won’t take too much time or effort? Look no further than this easy Key Lime Meltaway Cookie Recipe! This recipe takes the classic key lime flavor up a notch with Caribbean Rum, ensuring each bite bursts with tangy and sweet flavors. Perfect for any special occasion or just a regular weeknight, these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Get ready to enjoy the deliciousness of Key Lime Meltaways!
Who doesn’t love a good cookie? Whether you’re a chocolate chip fanatic or a sugar cookie connoisseur, there is no denying the power of a warm and fresh-from-the-oven treat. And the best part? With so many Cookie Recipes out there, the possibilities for flavor combinations are endless. From classic recipes passed down through generations to new and innovative creations, there is a cookie out there for everyone. So go ahead, whip up a batch of your favorite recipe and indulge in some sweet, sweet goodness.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make these delicious cookies!
- Unsalted Butter– Unsalted butter enhances the flavor of these cookies like no other. The reason being is that unsalted butter has a sweet and creamy taste that allows the key lime flavor to shine. One of the major advantages of using unsalted butter is that you can control the amount of salt in your recipe, which allows the natural flavors to be more pronounced.
- Sugar– Sugar not only adds sweetness to the cookie, but it also helps with the texture and overall structure of the cookie. When combined with other ingredients, sugar helps the cookie hold its shape and gives it a delicate, crumbly texture that just melts in your mouth.
- Large Egg– The secret ingredient that takes these cookies to the next level is the egg. Yes, it might seem like a small detail, but trust me, it makes a huge difference in the texture and richness of the cookie. The egg helps to bind the dough together while also adding moisture and richness to the final product.
- Lime Zest– Lime zest adds a burst of tangy, citrus flavor that complements the sweetness of these delicate shortbread cookies perfectly. It also adds a bright pop of color that makes them look just as good as they taste.
- Flour– Using all-purpose flour provides the perfect balance of chewiness and crumbliness for these delicate and zesty cookies. However, if you prefer a slightly denser and more tender texture, you can always try using pastry flour or cake flour instead. Either way, don’t forget to generously sprinkle powdered sugar on top of your cookies before serving for an irresistible finishing touch!
- Baking Powder– These delicate cookies require just the right amount of rise to achieve their perfectly crumbly texture, and baking powder is the key to making that happen. Not only does it help the cookies rise, but it also adds a subtle tangy flavor that complements the tartness of the lime juice.
- Kosher Salt– Using Kosher Salt in your Key Lime Meltaway Cookies will elevate the flavor and balance out the sweetness. So, next time you’re whipping up some cookies, don’t forget the Kosher Salt!
- Powdered Sugar– It’s important to use powdered sugar in the glaze for Key Lime Meltaway Cookies because it’s all about texture. Powdered sugar is much finer than granulated sugar, which means it dissolves more easily and creates a smoother glaze. Plus, it helps to prevent grittiness in the glaze that can sometimes occur when using granulated sugar.
- Lime Juice– Lime Juice is an essential ingredient in this cookie recipe! Not only does it provide a zesty and tangy flavor, but it also helps to balance out the sweetness of the cookie. Plus, lime juice is known for its ability to brighten up any dessert and give it that extra touch of freshness.
- Heavy Cream– What makes these cookies truly special is the glaze – and that’s where heavy cream comes in. Unlike regular milk, heavy cream has a higher fat content, which gives it a richer, more velvety texture that’s perfect for making glazes. When you mix heavy cream with a bit of powdered sugar and lime juice, you get a sweet-tart topping that complements the delicate, crumbly cookies perfectly.
- Caribbean Rum– Caribbean Rum adds a unique flavor and aroma to any recipe, especially when used as an ingredient in glazes. The Key Lime Meltaway Cookie glaze is no exception. The use of Caribbean Rum in this glaze not only gives it a distinct island flavor but also brings out the delicious tangy taste of the key lime.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
Cookie Scoop Set, 3Pcs Ice Cream Scoop, Cookie Scoops for Baking Set of 3, 18/8 Stainless Steel Cookie Scooper for Baking, Ice Cream Scooper with Trigger Release, Cookie Dough Scoop with Non-slip GripOXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula, Gray, 3 inchesProBake Set of Two Nonstick Cookie Pans, Dark Gray, PB281-AZSilicone Baking Mat, Katbite Large Baking Mat Set of 3-2 Half Sheets Mats (11 5/8Farberware Professional Plastic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3 (Aqua, Gray, White), 3.5 quartsWooden Spoons for Cooking, Wood Spoon Set of 2, Kitchen Serving Ladle Scoop Utensil, Heat Resistant Nonstick Cookware Server Spoon,Stirring Food, Mixing Salad, Easy to use
What’s the Best Way to Store Key Lime Cookie with Cream Glaze?
So you baked some bomb key lime cookies with a drool-worthy cream glaze and now you’re wondering how to keep them fresh and delicious for as long as possible. Fear not, my sweet-toothed friend! The best way to store your heavenly creations is to make sure they’re completely cooled, then pack them snugly in an airtight container, separated by layers of parchment paper.
Keep the container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, and behold – your cookies will maintain their crisp texture and zesty citrusy flavor for days to come. And if you’re feeling extra adventurous, try freezing them for a chilly summer treat!
Can You Make the Key Lime Glaze with dairy-free cream?
If you’re wondering whether you can make a dairy-free Key Lime Glaze, the answer is a resounding “Yes!” You might be surprised to know that you don’t need dairy-based cream to create a smooth and tangy glaze. Instead, you can use a dairy-free cream option, such as coconut cream, almond milk creamer, or soy cream, to achieve the same rich and creamy consistency.
With the right ingredients and a little bit of effort, you can whip up a delectable Key Lime Glaze that’s both dairy-free and bursting with flavor. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds (and your dietary restrictions) will thank you!
Can You Freezer Key Lime Meltaway Cookies with Cream Glaze?
If you’re anything like me, you love having a sweet treat on hand at all times. And if you’re looking for a little something extra to add to your dessert arsenal, look no further than these key lime meltaway cookies with cream glaze. But let’s say you made a big batch and can’t quite finish them all in one sitting (although, let’s be real, who can resist these delicious cookies?). The question is, can you freeze them? Well, the answer is yes!
After you’ve baked the cookies and let them cool, you can wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and then place them in an airtight container before popping them in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, just let them defrost at room temperature before adding the cream glaze. Easy peasy!
Lime Kitchen Decor at Amazon!
Welcome Grass-Green Limes Pattern Half Round Door Mat Lemon Print Washable Non-Slip Home Kitchen Art Restaurant Office Floor Mats Durable Doormats Decor 18×30 InchMarina Decoration Decor Luxury Non-Slip Rubber Backing Safety Ultra Water Absorbent Soft Durable Woven Fluffy Runner Area Carpet Floor Mat Indoor Kitchen Rug, Green Lime Design 2 Pieces Set100% Cotton Kitchen Everyday Basic Terry Pot Holder Heat Resistant Coaster Potholder for Cooking and Baking Set of 5 Apple GreenmyHomeBody Round Woven Placemats, 4pcs, 14.8Hidden Label Large Scented Candle, Coconut Lime Verbena, 30oz 3 Wick Huge Candle, Serene Collection Slow Burn Natural Soy Candles for Home ScentedSTAYTOP 4PCS Kitchen Dish Towels,Lime Lemon Super Soft and Rapid Drying Kitchen Towels,Multifunctional Microfiber Towels,Cloth Napkin Decorative 28x18in
You’ll Love These Other Delicious Key Lime Recipes!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Limes, zested
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
Key Lime Rum Glaze ingredients
- 1 3/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Caribbean Rum
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.. Then mix in the egg until well combined.
- Stir in lime zest. Add 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Continue adding flour by the 1/2 cup and mixing until all 2 cups are completely combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to measure dough, then roll them into balls and slightly flatten with your palm and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until light brown on the bottom Let the cookies sit for 2 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, lime juice, salt, Rum and heavy cream until smooth.
- Once the cookies are cool, dip the tops in the glaze by turning time upside down and dip the top of the cookie into the glaze.
- Place back onto the wire rack.
- Zest some more limes over the cookies to give them a final touch.
- Allow the glaze to harden before enjoying the cookies!