If you’re looking for an easy, indulgent recipe that won’t take up all of your time in the kitchen, then look no further than our delicious Vanilla Poke Cake Recipe! This sweet treat is made with a white cake mix and flavored with vanilla creamer for a rich flavor. Topping it off with whipped cream and caramel bits makes it the perfect snack or dessert for any occasion. So give this easy recipe a try today and treat yourself to something delicious!
Have you ever tried Poke Cake before? It’s one of those desserts that seems to have been around for ages, but still manages to surprise and delight us every time. Essentially, it’s a cake that has been poked full of holes (hence the name!) and filled with a gooey, delicious sauce. From classic flavors like chocolate and vanilla, to more unique options like lemon and raspberry, there are tons of Poke Cake Recipes out there to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing dessert for a party or just something special to treat yourself to, Poke Cake is definitely worth a try.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this delicious dessert!
- White Cake Mix– The neutral flavor of White Cake Mix allows for the vanilla flavor to really shine through. And let’s not forget how easy it is to whip up a batch of White Cake Mix – simply add a couple of ingredients and you’re ready to bake. So, whether you’re a baking novice or a seasoned pro, White Cake Mix is the way to go for the ultimate Vanilla Poke Cake experience.
- Vanilla Creamer– Vanilla creamer adds that extra oomph to the cake that really makes it stand out. Not only does it give the cake a rich and creamy taste, but it also brings a subtle sweetness that perfectly complements the vanilla flavor. Plus, using creamer instead of regular milk adds even more moisture to the cake, making it extra indulgent and decadent.
- Whipped Cream– Have you ever tasted a vanilla poke cake topped with whipped cream? If you haven’t, you’re missing out on one of life’s simple pleasures. There’s something about the combination of the pillowy, soft cake and the light, fluffy cream that creates a heavenly sensation in your mouth. Maybe it’s the contrast of textures or the sweetness of the cream perfectly complementing the vanilla flavor of the cake.
- Caramel Bits– Have you ever tried Caramel Bits on top of a Vanilla Poke Cake Recipe? If not, you’re missing out on a seriously delicious combination. The creamy, fluffy vanilla cake pairs perfectly with the gooey, chewy caramel bits on top. It’s a little bit of sweetness and a little bit of texture that takes this classic cake to the next level.
What Makes a Poke Cake Soggy?
Have you ever made a poke cake that turned out soggy? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. There are a few culprits that can create this less-than-ideal texture. One of the biggest issues is over-poking the cake. When you poke too many holes, the cake can’t hold up to the added moisture from the filling and topping, resulting in a mushy mess.
Another factor is using a filling that’s too thin or runny. This excess liquid can seep into the cake and cause it to become overly moist. The key to avoiding a soggy poke cake is to find the perfect balance of poking holes and adding filling. Don’t be afraid to experiment until you find the right combination for your taste buds!
How Do You Store a Poke Cake?
So you’ve made a delicious poke cake and now you’re wondering how to store it. Well, the good news is that poke cakes are pretty low maintenance when it comes to storage. If you plan on eating it within the next day or two, you can simply cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge.
If you’re not planning on eating it right away, you can also freeze it for up to a month. Just wrap it up tightly and make sure it’s in an airtight container. Pro tip: If you’re freezing it, let it thaw in the fridge rather than on the counter to avoid any potential bacterial growth. And that’s it—easy peasy!
You’ll Love these Other Cake Recipes
If you’re on the hunt for a great cake recipe, here are a few more ideas to choose from that are not poke cakes.
How to Can You Add Flavor to a Vanilla Poke Cake?
So you’ve got a vanilla poke cake, but it’s just not quite hitting the spot flavor-wise. Fear not, my friend, there are plenty of ways to jazz up this classic dessert. One easy option is to add some fresh fruit. Sliced strawberries, blueberries, or even kiwi will add a pop of color and flavor.
You could also try mixing in some spices, like cinnamon or nutmeg, to give it a warm, cozy taste. Or, for a more decadent twist, top the cake with a layer of sweetened condensed milk and some crushed Oreos.
The possibilities are endless! So take your vanilla poke cake from basic to bold with just a little extra creativity in the kitchen.
Cake Baking Essentials at Amazon
These are some of my favorite baking products that I always reach for. Amazon really is a great place to buy them because the selection is amazing and you can easily price compare right there online.
Amazon Basics Nonstick Round Baking Cake Pan, 9 Inch, Set of 2Cake Decorating Supplies,493 PCS Cake Decorating Kit 3 Packs Springform Cake Pans, Cake Rotating Turntable,48 Piping Icing Tips,7 Russian Nozzles, Baking Supplies,Cupcake Decorating KitRFAQK 35PCs Cake Turntable and Leveler-Rotating Cake Stand with Non Slip pad-7 Icing Tips and 20 Bags- Straight & Offset Spatula-3 Scraper Set -EBook-Cake Decorating Supplies Kit -Baking ToolsBoxiki Kitchen 10 Inch Nonstick Springform Pan, Professional Spring Form and Cheesecake Baking Mold, Leakproof Cake Pan With Silicone HandlesPiping Bag and Tips Cake Decorating Supplies Kit Baking Supplies Cupcake Icing Tips with Pastry Bag for Baking Decorating CakeMrs. Anderson’s Baking Adjustable 2-Wire Layer Cake Cutter and Leveler, Stainless Steel
Baking Essentials at Amazon
KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsPyrex 3 Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set, Includes 1-Cup, 2-Cup, and 4-Cup Tempered Glass Liquid Measuring Cups, Dishwasher, Freezer, Microwave, and Preheated Oven Safe, Essential Kitchen ToolsSilicone Spatula Set, Premium Spatulas Silicone Heat Resistant 2 Small & 2 Large Flexible Scraper for Nonstick Cookware, Rubber Spatula for Kitchen Mixing Baking Cooking Use, Soft Spatula – Set of 4Rachael Ray Bakeware, Nonstick Baking / Cake Pan With Lid and Grips, Rectangle – 9 Inch x 13 Inch, GrayMora Ceramic Baking Dish with Handles For Casserole, Lasagna, Gratin, Broiling, Roasting, and Baking. Large 9×13 in Pan, Extra Deep – Porcelain Serving Bakeware from Oven to Table. Freezer Safe – WhiteOXO Good Grips 3- Piece Wooden Utensil Set
- 1 White Cake Mix (plus the ingredients the mix calls for)
- 2 Cups Vanilla Creamer
- 8 Ounces Whipped Cream (thawed)
- 1 Cup Toffee or Caramel Bits (optional)
- Start with the white cake mix. Make it according to the directions, but instead of water use the Vanilla Coffee Creamer, eggs and oil.
- Bake according to the directions on the box in a 13×9 pan.
- After the cake has cooled, poke holes with a wooden spoon handle and pour 1 cup of Vanilla Coffee creamer over the holes.
- Place the cake into the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour while absorbing the creamer.
- Once the creamer has absorbed and the cake is chilled top with whipped cream and toffee or caramel bits.