If you’re looking for an easy but delicious cake recipe, then this Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake is the perfect choice! This easy dessert is made with devil’s food cake mix, unsweetened coconut cream, sweetened condensed milk, and cool whip to create a moist and flavorful cake that everyone will love. To top it off, just sprinkle it with some powdered sugar and shredded coconut for a delightful finish. Give this easy Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake recipe a try today for the perfect dessert for any occasion!
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe that will wow your guests, look no further than Poke Cake Recipes! These easy desserts transform basic cakes with an easy yet impressive twist. All you need to do is poke some holes into the cake after baking and then fill them up with all kinds of yummy things like custard, heavy cream and even pie filling. Top it off with sweet whipped cream, colorful sprinkles and some fresh fruit – the result will be something sure to impress!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this easy dessert!
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix– Devil’s Food Cake Mix is a great choice for Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake because of its rich cocoa flavor and its ability to provide the perfect balance between chocolate cake and coconut.
- Unsweetened Coconut Cream– Unsweetened coconut cream is the perfect fit for a chocolate coconut poke cake because it provides an extra kick of tropical flavor that helps to balance out the richness of the chocolatey goodness. Coconut cream is naturally sweeter than regular coconut milk and therefore can add just a hint of sweetness, without overpowering the cake with too much sugar.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– Sweetened condensed milk is easily the MVP of this chocolate coconut poke cake recipe. This incredibly rich and creamy milk is a staple in baking recipes because of its ability to tenderize and moisten any baked good. The sweetness that it brings to the cake provides a nice balance between the richness of chocolate and flakey texture of the coconut.
- Cool Whip– If you’re looking for a delicious and sumptuously silky frosting that pairs perfectly with a Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake, then Cool Whip is the way to go. Not only does it provide the perfect fluffy texture to your cake, but it also offers a light, creamy sweetness that is both subtle yet deeply divine.
- Powdered Sugar– Powdered sugar is the ideal choice for making the perfect Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake frosting because it melts easily into liquids, has a fine texture that blends flawlessly with other ingredients, and provides a subtle sweetness that complements the chocolate cake’s flavors.
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese gives chocolate coconut poke cake frosting a luxurious texture, making it the perfect topping to make your guests swoon. It blends beautifully with the rich flavors of chocolate and coconut, creating an indulgent experience like none other.
- Vanilla– Vanilla is the perfect addition to coconut cool whip frosting because it adds delicious flavor and sweetness without overpowering the other ingredients. Vanilla also enhances the aroma and taste of the coconut, creating a richer taste that will leave your guests wanting more.
- Coconut– Coconut is a great addition to frosting and works particularly well in chocolate coconut poke cake. Not only does it add a subtle yet pleasant sweetness, it can help to add additional bulk and texture, making it thicker and more voluminous.
Baking Accessories at Amazon
KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsOXO Good Grips Wooden Corner Spoon, Brown, Set of 1HVH Large Casserole Dish, 9×13 Baking Dish for Oven, Ceramic Lasagne Pan Deep, Lasagna Baking Dishes for Casseroles 13 x 9, Ceramic Bakeware, 9×13 Baking Pan for Oven, Farmhouse Style (White)HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Professional Mini-Serving Spatula #2622, Stainless Steel Cutter and Serve Turner for Serving, Flipping or Cooking, Ideal for Brownies, Tiramisu, Cakes, Lasagna or Cookie etc.Cuisinart GreenGourmet Beechwood Solid Spoon
What is Poke Cake?
Poke cake is a delightfully moist and delectable dessert made by creating holes in the cake’s surface instead of slicing it. After you poke the holes, fill them up with a variety of delicious sauces like jello or custard. Then top it off with whatever topping you choose.
When all is said and done, what you have is a sweet treat that will make anyone’s mouth water! Poke cake has become increasingly popular over recent years as people experiment more with their baking options. And with good reason – it doesn’t take long to whip up a poke cake and the results are certain to turn heads.
So why not try creating your own this weekend? It might just be the one sheet dessert that everyone will be talking about for the days (or weeks!) to come.
Can You Make a Poke Cake Ahead of Time?
If you want to treat your guests or family to a delicious dessert but don’t want to spend a lot of time baking, poke cakes are the perfect solution. This type of cake is so easy to throw together, they can even be made the night before the big event! All you need to do is bake off a cake layer ahead of time, poke holes in it with a skewer or fork, and spread on your favorite sauce or drizzle.
Once cooled and refrigerated for at least an hour, top with creamy pudding and plenty of cool whip for a fluffy finish. Not only will this dessert be ready when you need it, but it’s also sure to satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth.
What is the Best Way to Poke Holes in a Poke Cake?
The best way to poke holes in a poke cake is by using the dull end of a wooden spoon or a straw. Make sure that the holes are evenly spaced and run deep enough to enable the filling ingredients to penetrate the cake for an even distribution, so that each slice has just the right flavor.
Begin with 8-10 holes and adjust it depending on the size of the cake, but it’s best not to over do it because too many can cause your cake to become soggy. It’s also important to wait until after baking before poking holes because too much poking before baking can ruin your cake’s texture and shape. Once you’ve finished poking all your holes, you’re ready to fill them up with yumminess!
Cake Baking Accessories at Amazon
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pans, Set of 2, Steel Cake PansAmazon Basics Nonstick Round Baking Cake Pan, 9 Inch, Set of 2Kootek 12 Inch Cake Turntable Cake Decorating Kit Supplies, 7 Pcs Baking Supplies Aluminium Alloy Revolving Cake Decorating Stand, with 3 Icing Smoother, Icing Spatula, Silicone Spatula, Cake CutterKootek Cake Decorating Kit Baking Supplies Cake Turntable with 2 Frosting Straight Angled Spatula 3 Icing Smoother Scrapers Baking Accessories Tools for Beginners and ProsNordic Ware Prism 13Kootek 22 Pcs Cake Decorating Kit Supplies, 12 Inch Cake Turntable, Baking Supplies Set, Aluminum Alloy Revolving Cake Stand, Icing Spatula, Cake Leveler, 3 Icing Smoother, 12 Piping Tip, 2 Pastry Bag
More Poke Cake Recipes
You’ll Love These Other Chocolate Desserts!
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Candy Cake
- Chocolate Chip Mini Brownies
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Chocolate Glaze
Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake
This easy chocolate coconut poke cake recipe is the perfect dessert for any occasion. With devil's food cake mix, unsweetened coconut cream, sweetened condensed milk, and cool whip, this cake will be a hit with everyone.
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix (plus ingredients it calls for i.e. eggs, oil, water)
- 13.5 Ounce Can Unsweetened Coconut Cream
- 14 Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 Ounces of Cool Whip
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Prepare cake batter to package directions.
- Bake in 9×13 pan to package directions.
- Remove from oven & immediately use a fork to poke holes in the cake (about 2″ apart).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Slowly pour over the hot cake, using an offset spatula or the back of a metal spoon to spread evenly into the holes as you go. Cool completely and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese on high until fluffy; about 1 minute. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on high until the mixture is creamy and smooth; 1-2 minutes. Gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Frost the chilled cake with the whipped frosting. Sprinkle evenly with coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply