Are you looking to make an easy, delicious cake that will impress your friends and family? Look no further than this recipe for Layered Black Forest Cake Recipe! This easy cake is flavored with almond or cherry liqueur, then topped with Cool Whip and cherry pie filling. It’s sure to be a hit at any gathering! Get ready to indulge in this decadent cake. Let’s get started!
Who doesn’t love trying out new Cake Recipes? Whether you want an indulgent chocolate cake or something more fruity and light, there’s a delicious cake that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth! Digging into these treats is even better when the recipe turns out perfectly, so make sure you follow it carefully. Finding just the right balance of flavors and ingredients results in a delectable treat every baking enthusiast will appreciate.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this easy dessert!
- Chocolate Cake– If you’re looking for an indulgent chocolate cake recipe to make a classic black forest cake, you’ll want to start by finding the right kind of chocolate cake. One great option would be a devil’s food cake – it has a beautiful dark appearance and the perfect amount of richness to stand up to all that whipped cream and cherries.
- Almond Flavored Liqueur– Almond flavored liqueur is an excellent addition to a black forest cake recipe! Not only does it add incredible flavor, but the subtle hint of almond complements the cherry, chocolate and dense cake that’s typically found in this beloved dessert. Many liqueurs also contain alcohol which will help keep your cake moist and allow each luscious layer to melt together perfectly while baking.
- Cool Whip Topping– Cool Whip topping is a great way to enhance the flavor and texture of any black forest cake recipe. It adds sweetness and richness which pairs perfectly with the moist, chocolaty layers of your favorite recipe. The light, fluffy texture of Cool Whip turns traditional black forest cake recipes into an indulgent treat that could rival any dessert.
- Cherry Pie Filling– If you’re looking for the perfect cherry pie filling to pair with a black forest cake recipe, you’ve got lots of fantastic options. One great choice is a classic tart cherry pie filling, made with juicy cherries that are fresh or frozen. Another option is to use a sour cherry pie filling, which will add some delightful pucker and tangy sweetness.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Easy Release Cake Pan Set of 2KitchenAid K45SSWH Stand Mixer, 4.5 Q, WhiteHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 52 Pack Heavy-Duty Cooking Rack, 10×16Sweese 709.101 12-Inch Porcelain Cake Stand, Round Dessert Stand, White Cupcake Stand for Parties
What is Black Forest Filling Made Of?
If you’ve ever been tempted by a black forest cake at the bakery, or wondered how it’s made in the first place, then you’ll want to know about the delicious black forest filling. Generally made from cherries and cream, this delicious concoction is usually dairy-based, combining heavy cream with either sour cream or crème fraîche. In addition, there could be a layer of chocolate added between two layers of spongy cake.
The filling also often includes cherry schnapps or other liqueurs for an adult twist in flavor. All these ingredients are combined together until they create the distinctive flavor that makes a classic black forest cake so hard to resist!
How Long Does the Black Forest Cake Last?
The Black Forest Cake is like a sweet little dream, but you don’t want to let it linger for too long without experiencing its deliciousness. While it can generally last up to three days in the refrigerator, there’s always something special about biting into moist chocolate cake layered with thick cream and cherries.
After all, if you’re like most of us, when it comes to indulging in this classic German dessert, nothing beats eating it fresh! So the next time you get your hands on a freshly-baked slice of this beloved cake, be sure to enjoy it while its still at its best.
Can You Freeze a Black Forest Cake?
Black Forest Cake is a delightful dessert: chocolate, whipped cream, and cherries – it’s hard to go wrong. If you can keep from devouring your treat right away, the question becomes: Can you freeze a Black Forest Cake? The answer is yes! Be sure to take special measures to ensure that the cake doesn’t get dry while in the freezer.
Wrap slices in parchment paper before placing them in another wrapper and freeze away. To enjoy your frozen Black Forest Cake even more, let it thaw for 20-30 minutes first as it will taste just like it came straight from the bakery!
Cake Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Kootek 12 Inch Cake Turntable Cake Decorating Kit Supplies, 7 Pcs Baking Supplies Aluminium Alloy Revolving Cake Decorating Stand, with 3 Icing Smoother, Icing Spatula, Silicone Spatula, Cake CutterBBN Cake Pan, 8 inch Round Cake Pans, 2 Pcs Silicone Molds for Baking, Nonstick & Quick Release Baking Pans for Layer Cake, Cheese Cake and Chocolate CakeKootek Cake Decorating Kits Supplies with Cake Turntable, 12 Numbered Cake Decorating Tips, 2 Icing Spatula, 3 Icing Smoother, 2 Silicone Piping Bag, 50 Disposable Pastry Bags and 1 CouplerAteco Stainless Steel Cake Tester – 7 Inch, Set of 3Kootek 11 Inch Rotating Cake Turntable with 2 Icing Spatula and 3 Icing Smoother, Revolving Cake Stand White Baking Cake Decorating Kits SuppliesLittle Ladle Cake Boards Kit – 10 Inch, 8 Inch, 6 Inch Cake Cardboard Rounds, Parchment Paper Rounds and Cake Dowels – Cake Board Tier Stacking Support – Cake Plates – 125 Pcs
More Cake Recipes You’ll Love to Make:
- Hersheys Bar Chocolate Cake
- Easy Custard Cake Recipe
- Red Velvet Sheet Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Layered Chocolate Cake
Try These Amazing Cherry Recipes:
- Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- Cherry Pie Crumb Bars
- Black Cherry Yogurt and Granola Pie
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Cherry Pie Filling
Layered Black Forest Cake Recipe
This is an easy recipe for a Layered Black Forest Cake that will impress your friends and family. The chocolate cake is flavored with almond or cherry liqueur, and topped with Cool Whip and cherry pie filling.
- 2 Baked 9-Inch Round Devil’s Food or Chocolate Cake Layers, cooled
- 1/4 Cup Almond or Cherry Flavored Liqueur or Orange Juice
- 1 Tub (8 Ounces) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 Can (21 ounces) Cherry Pie Filling
- Sprinkle cake layers with liqueur or orange juice.
- Spoon or pipe 1/2 cup whipped topping into 3-inch circle in center of 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Spoon or pipe 1 cup of the whipped topping around top edge of cake layer.
- Spoon 1/2 of the pie filling between circle and border.
- Place second cake layer on top. Spoon or pipe remaining whipped topping around top edge of cake layer. Spoon remaining pie filling in center.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Black Forest Cake is best made and served the same day. Store leftover torte in refrigerator.
Leave a Reply