If you’re looking for a festive and easy recipe to make this Easter, then look no further than an Easter Bunny Cake! This adorable cake is sure to impress your guests with its unique bunny shape, while also being incredibly easy to assemble. All it takes is baking round cake layers, tinting some Angel Flake Coconut red, and assembling with Cool Whip. Finally, top with assorted candies for a truly festive finishing touch and you’ve got a delicious Easter Bunny Cake that everyone will love!
If you’re looking for the perfect Cake Recipes, you’ve come to the right place! There’s something special about making a homemade cake from scratch – from tasting each ingredient as it goes in, to watching the finished result come out of the oven. But don’t worry if you’re a beginner baker – I’m here to provide some tasty recipes that’ll help make your cakes look and taste amazing, without too much effort.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this festive holiday treat!
- Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut– Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut is the perfect ingredient for Easter Bunny Cake – and here’s why! It has amazing texture, a great crunch and plenty of sweet, nutty flavor. Not to mention, it’s easy to work with and looks beautiful sprinkled on top of your cake or cupcakes.
- Red Food Coloring– If you’ve ever made an Easter Bunny Cake, you know that making the signature red ears of the bunny can be a challenge. But did you know that adding red food coloring to your frosting is the key to creating those perfect ears? Not only is it easier to maneuver and shape when you add a few drops of food coloring, but extra bonus – it looks super cute too!
- Round Cake Layers– If you’re looking to get creative with your Easter cake this year, look no further than round cake layers. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but they are also the ideal shape for giving you the opportunity to construct a unique and delicious-looking Easter Bunny Cake! It’s easy to cut out two bunny ears with a sharp knife and make a bunny face by adding eyes/mouth details.
- Cool Whip Whipped Topping– If you want to make an Easter Bunny Cake that looks and tastes great, Cool Whip Whipped Topping is the perfect ingredient to give it that extra special flair. Not only does Cool Whip taste delicious, but its smooth, creamy texture also makes it incredibly easy to shape into a fluffy bunny tail or ears – definitely essential parts of this classic holiday treat.
- Assorted Candies– Deciding which assorted candies to use for making an Easter Bunny Cake can be a difficult task! Depending on your preferences, personal tastes, and the overall look you want to achieve, there are many options available. Some of the most popular picks include gummy candy, jelly beans in bright colors, licorice string and marshmallows.
Baking Essentials on Amazon
Wilton Aluminum 8-Inch Round Cake Pan Set, 2-PieceTebery 4 Pack Black Heavy-Duty Wire Cooking Rack Baking Racks, Nonstick Baking & Cooling Grid for Roasting, Cooking, Grilling, Drying – 16Ateco Ultra Offset Spatula with 4.25KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, PistachioOXO Good Grips 3-Piece Wooden Spoon SetHUMBEE Chef 8 Inch, Serrated Bread Knife, Black
What Flavor is Best for an Easter Bunny Cake?
When it comes to Easter, there’s no better way to celebrate the holiday than with a festive cake. But which flavor should you choose for your Easter Bunny Cake? The answer really depends on personal preference! Chocolate is always a popular favorite, as it pairs perfectly with fluffy buttercream frosting and colorful decorations.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some spiced carrot cake which will offer a unique twist on the traditional Easter dessert. Coconut lovers can opt for a coconut-flavored cake and get creative with some tropical touches like shredded coconut and pineapple chunks!
No matter what you end up choosing, an Easter Bunny Cake is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
What’s the Best Way to Cut a Cake and Frost with Whipped Topping?
When it comes to cutting a cake and frosting with whipped topping, it can seem daunting. However, there are a few things that you can do to make the process easier. To start, freeze your cake for about 30 minutes so that it’s as firm as possible – this will prevent any parts of the cake from breaking off when cutting out desired shapes.
When cutting out the shapes, be generous with how small or big you want them to be – no one else needs to know if they were a bit larger or not quite in the shape that you wanted! For frosting, buy store-bought whipped topping and use an offset spatula or butter knife to spread it. Have fun with it and don’t feel like every single piece has to be perfect – sometimes imperfection adds its own unique charm!
What’s the Best Way to Store this Large Cake?
Storing a large cake can be a tricky endeavor, especially if you’re short on space or don’t want it to dry out. Luckily, there’s an easy and effective solution: wrapping the cake in plastic wrap! Not only is this a smart way to protect the cake from dust and other environmental factors while storing, but it also keeps moisture in, preventing the cake from becoming hard and stale.
Plus, this method is incredibly affordable and can be used for any type of big treat! So if you’ve recently baked a large cake and don’t know what to do with it, just wrap it up tight in plastic wrap – your delicious masterpiece will stay just as fresh as when you made it!
Easter Home Decor Finds on Amazon!
Whaline Easter Wooden Hanging Sign Easter Welcome Bunny Rabbit Welcome Sign Door Decoration with Bow Rustic Farmhouse Easter Wood Sign for Spring Holiday Birthday Home Coffee Shop Bakery Window DoorSpring Easter Welcome Sign Set of 2 for Front Door Wall Signs Hanging Wood Double Sided Spring and Happy Easter Farmhouse Indoor Outdoor Rustic Decoration Porch & Yard Party Supplies Decor 17Treory Easter Decorations for The Home, 3 pcs Easter Bunny Wooden Table Centerpiece Signs Easter Decor Rustic Tiered Tray Decor Farmhouse Decor for Easter Gifts, Black, White, Natural Wood ColorLLZLL 20 Inch Easter Wreath,Artificial Easter Wreath with Colorful Jasmine and Easter Eggs Easter Wreaths for Front Door Easter Home Decorationsamiatalo Happy Easter Wooden Hanging Sign Colorful Bunny Rabbit Welcome Sign Easter Door Decoration with Bow, Rustic Easter Wooden Door Hanger for Home Farmhouse Window Indoor Outdoor Easter DecorPARTY JOY 2 Pack Easter Decorations, Easter Decor Mason Jar Sconces Rustic Wall Decor for Living Room Bathroom with Remote Control LED Fairy Lights and Artificial Flowers Spring Decorations for Home
You’ll Love These Other Cake Recipes
- Rainbow Mini Cakes
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Candy Cake
- Easy Custard Cake Recipe
- German Chocolate Cake Recipe
Check Out These Delicious Easter Recipes
- Easter Bars Recipe
- M&M Easter Snack Bars
- Addictive Cadbury Creme Egg Brownie Recipe
- Mini Easter Egg Cakes
- 2 1/4 Cups Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut
- Red Food Coloring
- 2 Baked 9-Inch Round Cake Layers, cooled
- 1 Tub (8 Ounces) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- Assorted Candies
- Tint 1/4 cup of the coconut pink using red food coloring
- Leave 1 cake layer whole; cut remaining cake layer for bunny ears. Using small amount of whipped topping to hold pieces together, arrange cake on serving tray as shown.
- Frost cake with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle center of bunny’s ears with pink coconut. Sprinkle remaining 2 cups white coconut over bunny’s head and outer edges of ears. Decorate with candies.
- Store cake in refrigerator.