If you’re looking for a cookie recipe that tastes just like the real thing, try this Crumbl Key Lime Cookie Recipe. It’s super easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover key limes you may have.
You’re going to love these Crumbl Cookie Copycat Recipes. These recipes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and the best part is that they’re super easy to make! So whether you’re looking for a last-minute dessert or just a fun baking project, give one of these recipes a try.
Ingredients Needed to Make these Cookies:
- Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter– Unsalted sweet cream butter gives you the ability to control the amount of salt in your cookies, so you can make them as sweet or savory as you like.
- White Sugar– White sugar is often used in cookie recipes because it helps to create a light, delicate texture. When combined with other ingredients, white sugar helps to aerate the dough and prevent it from becoming dense.
- Light Brown Sugar– The Light Brown Sugar also helps to create a moist, chewy texture in the cookies. Without this sugar, the cookies would be dry and crumbly.
- Large Eggs– This is because they provide the structure and leavening needed for cookies to rise and be fluffy. Large eggs also help to bind the ingredients together, creating a cohesive dough that is easy to work with.
- Pure Vanilla Extract– Pure Vanilla Extract is essential for making cookies because it gives them flavor.
- All Purpose Flour– All purpose flour provides the right amount of structure and lift for cookies, while also allowing them to retain their shape. In addition, all purpose flour absorbs moisture well, resulting in softer, more flavorful cookies.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs– In key lime cookies, Graham Cracker Crumbs provide a perfect contrast to the tartness of the lime juice. For this reason, they are an essential ingredient in this classic cookie recipe.
- Baking Soda– Baking soda is often used in cookie recipes because it helps the cookies to spread and become “fluffy” instead of dense. Baking soda can also help to soften cookies that are made with hard, sugar-based ingredients like honey or molasses.
- Kosher Salt– Kosher salt is coarser than table salt, making it easier to measure and use in recipes.
Ingredients Needed to Make the Frosting
- Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter– Unsalted sweet cream butter is ideal for frosting because it has a high fat content and a smooth texture. When used in frosting, it provides a rich flavor and a creamy consistency.
- Powdered Sugar– Powdered sugar, also known as confectioners’ sugar or icing sugar, is a type of sugar that is very fine and often used in baking. Powdered sugar is often used to make frosting because it dissolves easily and doesn’t leave any grainy texture.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Because of its higher fat content, HWC is also less likely to deflate when whipped, making it ideal for use in frosting.
- Key Lime Juice– When used in frosting, it helps to balance the sweetness of the sugar and create a light and refreshing flavor.
- Key Lime Zest– Key lime zest is also a great way to add color to your cookies. By using key lime zest in your frosting, you can create beautiful, vibrant cookies!
Cookie Supplies and Essentials from Amazon:
LotFancy 100pc Pastry Piping Bags, 18 Inch Disposable Icing Bags with 5 Clips, Thickened Cake Decorating Bags for Cupcakes, Anti-Burst for All Size Tips CouplersHendiy 5 psc/set Large Round Piping Tip, Stainless Steel Professional Baking Decoration Tools for Cake Cookies Decorating,Pastry FondantNordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet, 2-Pack, SilverKitchen (2 Pack) Silicone Baking Mat Sheet Set – Reusable Baking Mat Nonstick – Half Sheet Baking Mat For Oven – RedSilicone Cookie Spatula Turner 2 Pack Mini Brownie Spatula Flexible Kitchen Small Silicone Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware Heat Resistant No Scratch Flipper Baking Utensils for Egg Pancake Cookware
What are Key Limes?
Key limes are a type of citrus fruit that is named for its key-shaped appearance. The key lime is native to the Indian subcontinent, but it is now grown in tropical regions around the world. The key lime is a popular ingredient in many desserts, including key lime pie and key lime bars.
The key lime is also used to add flavor to cocktails and other drinks. Key limes are smaller and more acidic than regular limes, which gives them a distinctive tart taste. Key limes are often eaten as a snack or used as a garnish on savory dishes.
KEY LIME DECOR YOU CAN FIND ON AMAZON!
Lemon Table Runner 13×90 Inch Summer Fruit Green Lime Yellow and White Stripe Farmhouse Table Decor for Home Kitchen Dining Gathering Holiday Party Triangle TrimOttomanson Glamour Collection Elegant Trellis Design Rubberback Runner Rug, 20STAYTOP 4PCS Kitchen Dish Towels,Lime Lemon Super Soft and Rapid Drying Kitchen Towels,Multifunctional Microfiber Towels,Cloth Napkin Decorative 28x18inDII Everyday Collection Foodie Kitchen Set, Dishtowel & Dishcloth, Lime, 5 Piece
What is the Difference Between Lime and Key Lime?
Lime and key lime are two terms that are often used interchangeably, but there is actually a difference between the two fruits. Key limes are smaller and more acidic than regular limes. They also have a thinner skin and a higher oil content, which gives them a distinctive aroma. Key limes are typically used in baking or to make limeade, while regular limes are more often used in savory dishes or to add a sour note to cocktails.
What Can I Use in Place of Key Lime Juice?
Key lime juice is a key ingredient in many delicious recipes, from key lime pie to key lime martinis. But what do you do if you can’t find key limes at your local grocery store? Luckily, there are a few substitutes that will work in a pinch. The first is regular lime juice. It won’t have the same tartness as key lime juice, but it will still add a nice citrus flavor to your dish.
You can also try lemon juice, which will be even more acidic than lime juice. Or, for a sweeter option, you could try orange juice. Whatever you choose, make sure to adjust the other ingredients in your recipe accordingly. With a little creativity, you can make any dish taste like key lime pie!
More Copycat Cookies Like This:
Amazing Lime Desserts You’ll Love
- Lime Bar Recipe
- Authentic Key Lime Recipes
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Lasagna Recipe
- Easy Key Lime Pie In a Jar Recipe
Graham Cracker Cookie
- 1 1⁄2 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 3⁄4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 1⁄2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
Key Lime Frosting
- 2 Cups Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Key Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Key Lime Zest
- 1⁄2 Cup Graham Cracker Crust
- 1⁄2 Cup Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined and fluffy.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk until combined the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and continue to beat until a dough has formed.
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop dough into your hands and roll into a ball.
- To make even shaped cookies, i recommend using a small food weight scale and weighing dough to 2.5oz.
- Place cookie balls onto the cookie sheets and lightly press into a thick disk.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, key lime juice and zest until combined, smooth and fluffy but holds peak.
- Spoon the frosting into the piping bag.
- Pipe a thick spiral of frosting around the top of the cookie starting in the center and going around until you reach the edge.
- Sprinkle some graham cracker crust on top and allow the frosting to firm up before enjoying!