Are you looking for an easy-to-make dessert that will wow your guests? Look no further than Kentucky Butter Poke Cake! This delicious, moist cake is a Southern staple, and now you can make it right in your own kitchen. Sweet butter makes this poke cake irresistibly rich and flavorful. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just a sweet treat, this is sure to be a hit with everyone. Give it a try today and you won’t regret it!
Have you ever heard of Poke Cake Recipes? If not, let me introduce you to a whole new world of dessert goodness! The concept is simple but absolutely brilliant – you take a cake mix (or make your own from scratch, if you’re feeling ambitious), bake it up, and then poke a bunch of holes in it. Then, you pour a sweet, flavorful liquid over the top, filling up those little holes with a burst of flavor that takes an ordinary cake to a whole new level. From chocolate to lemon to caramel, the possibilities for flavor combinations are endless.
Easy Poke Cake Recipes
Who doesn’t love a good poke cake? It’s an easy way to add some excitement to a regular cake, plus, who doesn’t love a cake with holes filled with deliciousness? Whether you’re a baking expert or just starting out, there are plenty of easy poke cake recipes out there to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Red Velvet Poke Cake with Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pistachio Poke Cake
- Death by Chocolate Poke Cake
- Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake
Ingredients Needed to Make this Poke Cake
Here’s what you need to make this delicious dessert!
- Yellow Cake Mix– The yellow cake mix creates a soft and tender crumb that perfectly soaks up the buttery sauce poured over the top. Each bite melts in your mouth, leaving you with a sweet and indulgent sensation. It’s no wonder this cake has become a beloved classic in the Bluegrass State.
- Buttermilk– Buttermilk is a true superstar when it comes to baking, especially when it comes to Kentucky Butter Poke Cake. Its tangy taste and acidity helps to balance out the sweetness of the cake mix while adding moisture at the same time. And we all know that a moist cake is a happy cake! Plus, the acidity in buttermilk reacts with the baking soda in the cake mix, helping it to rise beautifully in the oven.
- Cream Cheese– What makes it so amazing is the cream cheese mixed into the cake batter, adding a creamy richness that perfectly balances with the sweet buttery flavor. Cream cheese has a unique ability to mix seamlessly with other ingredients, creating a decadent texture and depth of flavor that you won’t get with any other ingredient.
- Eggs– When mixed with the cake batter, the eggs act as a binding agent that holds all the ingredients together, ensuring a consistent texture throughout the cake. Additionally, the proteins in eggs coagulate when heated, helping the cake to rise and giving it a fluffy texture. Moreover, eggs add moisture to the cake, keeping it soft and tender.
- Butter– This delicious dessert is a crowd-pleaser, and one of the reasons why it’s so good is because of the buttery glaze that covers it. Butter is a key ingredient in the glaze, and here’s why: it adds a richness and depth of flavor that just can’t be replicated with any other ingredient. When the warm glaze seeps into the cake’s poked holes, it melts into every nook and cranny, making each bite moist and decadent.
- Vanilla– Vanilla brings a distinctive flavor profile that balances out the richness of the butter and sugar. It’s the perfect addition to this decadent dessert, adding a touch of sophistication and making it all the more delicious.
- Powdered Sugar– Not only does powdered sugar add sweetness to the glaze, but it also helps to create a smooth and creamy consistency that perfectly complements the buttery cake. Without powdered sugar, the glaze would be lackluster and runny, leaving your taste buds feeling unsatisfied.
- Milk– Milk is important in the glaze because it adds a creamy and sweetness to the butter and powdered sugar. Plus, it provides the cake with the perfect level of moisture, making it perfectly moist and soft.
- Chopped Pecans– The moist, buttery cake is infused with a delicious homemade glaze that seeps into the cake, making it all the more delicious. But what really sets this cake apart are the chopped pecans sprinkled on top. These little nuggets of nutty goodness add the perfect amount of crunch to each bite. They give the cake a depth of flavor and texture that just can’t be beat.
- Shredded Coconut– If you’ve ever tried Kentucky Butter Poke Cake, you know that it’s quite the treat. But if you really want to take this cake to the next level, you need to add a generous sprinkling of shredded coconut on top. It’s not just for aesthetics either. The coconut adds a sweet, nutty flavor that complements the rich buttery cake perfectly.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
When it comes to baking, having the right tools in your arsenal can make all the difference. Luckily, Amazon has you covered with their selection of baking essentials. From mixing bowls to measuring cups, spatulas to baking sheets, you’ll find everything you need to whip up your favorite treats.
Gorilla Grip Mixing Bowls Set of 2, Slip Resistant Rubber Bottom, Nesting Baking Bowl, Soft Wide Handle, Easy Pour Spout, Electric Mixer and Dishwasher Safe, Kitchen Essentials, 5 QT, 3 Quart, MintKitchenAid Measuring Cups, Set Of 4, Aqua SkyHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Baking Pan with Lid, 9 x 13-Inch, SteelKitchenAid Gourmet Utility Whisk, 10.5-Inch, Matte Aqua SkyKitchenAid Universal Bamboo Tools, 12-Inch
What is a Poke Cake?
Have you ever heard of a poke cake? It’s a fun, easy dessert that gets its name from the process of poking holes in a cake and then filling them with a delicious liquid or sauce.
The result? A cake that’s moist, flavorful, and totally unique. Some popular flavor combinations include chocolate cake with caramel sauce, lemon cake with raspberry sauce, and even red velvet with cream cheese frosting.
The best part about poke cakes? They’re super customizable and can be adapted to fit any occasion or preference. So why not give one a try? Your taste buds will thank you.
What is Kentucky Butter Cake Made Of?
If you’ve never tried Kentucky butter cake, you’re missing out! This Southern classic is rich, moist, and oh-so-buttery. But what exactly goes into this mouth-watering dessert? Well, it’s pretty much what it sounds like: butter, butter, and more butter!
The cake batter is made with butter, buttermilk, eggs, sugar, flour, and leavening agents. But the real magic happens after the cake is baked and doused in a buttery, sugary glaze that seeps into every nook and cranny.
The result is a cake that practically melts in your mouth and will have you coming back for seconds (and thirds, and maybe even fourths). So, if you’re in the mood for a decadent treat, give Kentucky butter cake a try – your taste buds will thank you!
How Far in Advance Can You Make a Poke Cake?
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you want to make a poke cake, but you’re not sure when you’ll have time? Luckily, making a poke cake doesn’t have to be a rushed process. In fact, you can make a poke cake up to one day in advance! Simply bake the cake as you normally would and let it cool before poking holes in it.
Then, fill the holes with your chosen filling and refrigerate the cake overnight. The cake will have plenty of time to absorb the filling and will be ready to enjoy the next day. So go ahead and plan ahead, because a delicious poke cake is just one day away!
Cake Baking Essentials at Amazon
When it comes to baking, having the right tools can make all the difference. That’s why Cake Baking Essentials at Amazon is a lifesaver for anyone looking to up their baking game. From silicone baking mats to cake decorating tools, Amazon has everything you need to create the perfect cake.
HIWARE 7 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan/Cheesecake Pan/Leakproof Cake Pan with 50 Pcs Parchment Paper – Accessories for Instant Pot 6, 8 Qt Pressure CookerCake Stand Revolving Cake Turntable – TangChu Heavy Duty Aluminium 12 Inch Cake Decorating Supplies with 1 Icing Spatula and 2 Comb Icing Smoother, Cake Decorating Kit, Rotating Display StandCake Decorating Pen Tool Kit Pastry Bag DIY Cake Deco Tools Kit Pastry Icing Pen Piping Kit Bags(Blue)Norpro Cupcake Injector/Decorating Icing Set, 9-Piece SetCake Cream Spatula 5 Pieces/Set Stainless Steel Frosting Spatula Baking Pastry Tool Mixing Scraper Set Cake Icing Oil Painting Decorating Scraper Cream Toner ToolVokop Clear Acrylic Cake Scraper Set of 10 Pack Cake Decorating Contour Comb Edge Icing Frosting Smoother Polisher Butter Cream Mousse Sawtooth Tool-12 Textures
Amazing Kentucky butter Recipes
Have you ever tasted the magical flavor of Kentucky butter? Trust me, it’s the kind of flavor that transports you right to the heart of good old Southern cooking. But what if I told you that there are recipes out there that take Kentucky butter to a whole new level of deliciousness?
- Kentucky Butter Crumbl Cookie Recipe
- Kentucky Butter Cake Cookies
- Salted Caramel Kentucky Butter Cake
- Kentucky Butter Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (15.2 Ounces)
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans Toasted, optional
- ½ Cup Shredded Coconut, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, buttermilk, 4 ounce cream cheese, and eggs. Beat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 28 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Allow the cake to cool completely before topping it with glaze.
For the Glaze Topping
- Melt the butter and 8 ounces of cream cheese in the microwave then whisk together until smooth.
- Add vanilla and milk to the melted cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, stirring frequently, until all powdered sugar is incorporated and mixture is smooth. (Stir in coconut if desired)
- Using the end of a wooden spoon or a large straw, poke holes all over the cake, then pour the glaze on top of the cake and spread it evenly over the top, making sure it gets into all the holes.
- Sprinkle the top with toasted, chopped pecans then refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Store leftover cake, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.