If you’re looking for a showstopping dessert that’s easy to make and sure to impress your family and friends, look no further than this delicious Red Velvet Poke Cake with Sweetened Condensed Milk! This simple recipe is made from a Red Velvet cake mix and other pantry staples like chocolate fudge ice cream topping, sweetened condensed milk, butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. And the best part is that it’s ready in no time – perfect for when you’re short on time but still want to treat your guests to a spectacular dessert. Try this recipe now and enjoy every indulgent bite of this irresistible Red Velvet Poke Cake!
Poke Cake Recipes are the perfect solution for anyone looking to add a little something extra to their baked goods. Whether you’re a fan of chocolate or vanilla, there’s a poke cake recipe out there for everyone. Plus, the fun part about poke cakes is that you get to customize them with whatever filling and topping you desire. Do you want to add some fresh berries or whipped cream on top? No problem! Or, maybe you’re more of a caramel lover and want to drizzle some on top of your cake. The possibilities are endless with poke cakes, so why not give one a try and see what delicious creations you might try!
Delicious Poke Cake Recipes
One thing is for sure: poke cakes are a crowd favorite. Whether you’re making one for a dinner party or just because you have a sweet tooth, you won’t be disappointed with these recipes!
- Pistachio Poke Cake
- Death by Chocolate Poke Cake
- Carrot Poke Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake
Ingredients Needed to Make Your Red Velvet Poke Cake
Here’s what you need to make this easy dessert!
- Red Velvet Cake Mix– Red Velvet Cake Mix is truly the way to go if you’re looking to whip up a delicious red velvet poke cake. The reason behind this is simple – the cake mix has all of the right ingredients that give the cake that classic red velvet taste and appearance. Plus, it saves you a ton of time and effort in the kitchen.
- Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Topping– Add a generous drizzle of chocolate fudge ice cream topping and you’re in dessert heaven. The chewy texture and rich flavor of the fudge complement the delicate notes of the cake, creating an indulgent, albeit heavenly, pairing of flavors.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– Pouring this velvety goodness over the holes you’ve poked into the cake takes it to another level. It seeps into every crevice, making sure every bite is just as sweet and satisfying as the last. It’s like a warm, comforting hug in dessert form.
- Butter– Butter, with its rich and creamy texture, blends perfectly with the sweet and tangy flavors of a red velvet cake. Plus, it helps create a smooth and spreadable consistency that just looks and tastes amazing.
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese frosting has the right balance of sweetness and tanginess that goes well with the rich, chocolatey flavor of a red velvet cake. The cream cheese also adds a velvety smoothness to the frosting that makes it easy to spread and creates a delightful texture when you take a bite.
- Powdered Sugar– The velvety smoothness of powdered sugar creates a frosting that’s fluffy, light, and an absolute delight on the taste buds. The fine texture also means that powdered sugar dissolves quickly, making it ideal for mixing into a batch of cream cheese frosting.
- Vanilla Extract– There’s just something about the creamy vanilla flavor that complements the tanginess of the cake and creates a heavenly combination of flavors. Plus, using vanilla extract in the frosting adds a subtle hint of sweetness without overpowering the cake itself.
- Chocolate Syrup– When it comes to decorating the top of a red velvet poke cake, nothing beats a drizzle of chocolate syrup. It perfectly complements the subtle cocoa flavors of the cake and adds a indulgent touch to an already delicious dessert.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
Are you ready to whip up some delicious treats in the kitchen? Amazon has got you covered with their selection of baking essentials. From mixing bowls to measuring cups, you’ll find everything you need to perfect your next dessert creation.
Magnetic Measuring Spoons Set Stainless Steel with Leveler, Stackable Metal Tablespoon Measure Spoon for Baking, Measuring Cups and Spoon Set Kitchen Gadgets Apartment Essentials Fits in Spice JarsKitchenAid Measuring Cups, Set Of 4, Aqua SkyKitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsOXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon WhiskWilton Icing Spatula, 13-Inch, Angled Cake Spatula, SteelWilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pans, Set of 2, Steel Cake Pans
What’s the Difference Between Red Velvet and Chocolate?
Have you ever been at a bakery and seen a red velvet cupcake and a chocolate cupcake side by side, wondering what the difference really is? Both are incredibly delicious, no doubt about it. But aside from the colors, what sets them apart?
Well, while both cakes are made with cocoa powder, red velvet also includes an acidic element like buttermilk or vinegar, to bring out the vibrant red hue and distinctive tangy flavor.
Chocolate cake, on the other hand, is made with more cocoa powder and often has a richer, deeper chocolate flavor. So, next time you’re craving a sweet treat, think about which flavor profile you’re in the mood for and go from there!
Why is it Called a Poke Cake?
Have you ever wondered why it’s called a poke cake? I mean, it’s a cake that you poke holes in, so shouldn’t it be more along the lines of a holey cake? Well, it turns out that poking holes in the cake is just the first step. After that, you’re supposed to pour a liquid or sauce over the top so that it seeps into the holes, infusing the cake with flavor.
The technique originated in the 1970s and became popular because it was an easy way to add moisture and flavor to a cake. So now that we know the answer, let’s go ahead and grab a fork and enjoy a slice of this deliciously moist and flavorful poke cake!
Can You Make a Poke Cake Ahead of Time?
Are you in charge of dessert for your next dinner party but pressed for time? If you’re considering making a poke cake, it might be the perfect solution for you. Not only are poke cakes delicious and easy to make, but you can also prepare them ahead of time. Simply bake the cake, poke holes in it, and pour on your desired topping or filling.
Then, cover it up and chill it in the fridge until it’s ready to serve. Whether you choose a classic strawberry Jello or go for something more exotic like a coconut cream or banana pudding variety, your guests will love this sweet treat.
So go ahead, save yourself some stress and whip up a poke cake ahead of time. Your taste buds (and schedule) will thank you.
Cake Baking Accessories at Amazon
From cake pans to decorating tips, Amazon has everything you need to elevate your baking game. You can even find unique and quirky items like cupcake corers and edible glitter.
Esjay Cake Baking Pan Set Compatible with Ninja Foodi 6.5, 8Qt, Accessories Compatible with Instant Pot 6, 8Qt, Air Fryer Accessories Cake Baking Pan Set for 5.8 QTPiping Bag and Tips Cake Decorating Supplies Kit Baking Supplies Cupcake Icing Tips with Pastry Bag for Baking Decorating CakeWilton Bake-Even Cake Strips for Evenly Baked Cakes, 2-Piece Set, Purple, FabricWilton Treat (Cupcake) CorerIcing Decoration Gun Set Dessert Decorating Decorator Syringe Cake Decorating Tool 6 Russian Piping Icing Nozzles Cream Scraper Cupcake Frosting Filling Injector Cake Icing ToolsEdible Glitter, Food Grade Luster Dust for Drinks, Cocktail, Beer, Cake Decorating, Chocolates, Strawberries, Cupcakes, Vegan and Gluten Free,10 Colors Set (3g/bottle)
Unique Red Velvet Recipes
Are you tired of regular old plain vanilla or chocolate cake? It’s time to spice things up with some unique red velvet recipes! This classic dessert has endless possibilities when it comes to adding new flavors and twists.
- Easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Easy Recipes: Sweet Cream Red Velvet Ice Cream
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from a Cake Mix
- Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 (12 Ounce) Jar Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Topping
- 1 (14 Ounce) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup for Top of Cake
- Bake cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to the directions on the package.
- While the cake is baking, mix milk and chocolate fudge topping until well blended. When the cake is done and while it’s still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or straw. Pour milk mixture over the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
To Make Frosting:
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over the top. Chill.
- Before serving, swirl the 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup on the top.