This German Sweet Chocolate Pie Recipe is perfect for any occasion. The rich, creamy filling is made with milk, cream cheese, and white sugar then topped with frozen whipped topping and a graham cracker crust. It’s a simple yet decadent dessert that is sure to please everyone at the table. So if you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert, give this pie a try. You won’t be disappointed.
These Easy Pie Recipes are great for when you want to make a dessert but don’t want to spend a lot of time or effort on it. There are easy recipes for both fruit pies and cream pies, so you can find one that suits your taste. And because they’re easy to make, you’ll be able to spend more time enjoying your pie than making it. So if you’re looking for an easy dessert that will please everyone, try an easy pie recipe.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this simple pie!
- German Sweet Chocolate– German Sweet Chocolate is a variety of chocolate that is known for its sweeter taste. It is made with a higher percentage of cacao than other types of chocolate, and it also contains milk and sugar. German Sweet Chocolate has a richer flavor than regular milk chocolate, and it is often used in baking.
- Milk– Milk is often used in baked goods and desserts to add creaminess and richness. This is especially true of German Sweet Chocolate pie, which uses milk as one of its key ingredients. The milk helps to create a smooth, velvety filling that is both decadent and delicious.
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese makes an excellent addition to German sweet chocolate pie for several reasons. First, it helps to create a smooth and creamy texture. Second, it adds a rich and tangy flavor that complements the sweetness of the chocolate. Finally, it provides a firm base that helps to hold the pie together.
- White Sugar– White sugar is often used in baking because it helps to create a light, airy texture. It also has a milder flavor than other types of sugar, which makes it a good choice for sweetening delicate desserts like German sweet chocolate pie.
- Whipped Topping– Whipped topping is often used in German sweet chocolate pie because it is easy to spread and creates a smooth, glossy finish. The chocolate flavor of the pie is enhanced by the addition of melted chocolate, and the whipped topping helps to balance out the sweetness.
- Graham Cracker Crust– Graham Cracker Crust is a great choice for German Sweet Chocolate pie for a few reasons. The Graham Cracker Crust provides a perfect balance of sweetness to the chocolate filling gives the pie a bit of texture, making it more interesting to eat.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Pie Pans for Baking, Lareina Ceramic 9 Inch Deep Pie Dish with Rippled Edge for Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, Durable Pie Plate, Set of 2, WhiteCOOK WITH COLOR Mixing Bowls with Lids – 12 Piece Plastic Nesting Bowls Set includes 6 Prep Bowls and 6 Lids, Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl Set (Teal)OXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, BeechHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Chef Craft Premium Silicone Wire Cooking Whisk, 10.5 Inch, RedTILUCK Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons Set, Cups and Spoons,Kitchen Gadgets for Cooking & Baking (4+6)Urban Villa Set of 6 Kitchen Towels Highly Absorbent 100% Cotton Dish Towel 20X30 Inch with Mitered Corners Trendy Stripes Chilli Red /White Bar Towels & Tea Towels Christmas
What Can You Substitute for Baker’s German’s Sweet Chocolate?
Baker’s German’s Sweet chocolate is a Baker’s brand chocolate made with Baker’s Cocoa. It has a higher cocoa content than most other branded chocolates and Baker’s markets it as “Bitter-Sweet Chocolate” Baker’s instructions for using their chocolate are different from other brands. The suggested unsweetened chocolate to use in recipes is Baker’s Angel Flake sweet chocolate, which is made with Baker’s Cocoa and has no added milk.
If you want to substitute Baker’s German’s Sweet chocolate, the best suggestion is to use bittersweet or semisweet chocolate that is at least 60% cocoa. Guittard, Ghirardelli, and Lindt are all good brands that would work well in most recipes. Just remember that the final product will be a little sweeter than if you had used Baker’s German’s Sweet Chocolate.
Where Does German Chocolate Come From?
German chocolate actually refers to a type of sweet chocolate that was created by Sam German in 1852. German’s Bakery, which is now a part of Baker’s Chocolate, used this chocolate in a variety of desserts, including the German chocolate cake.
The cake became popular in the United States in the 1950s, and it has been a favorite ever since. So next time you enjoy a piece of German chocolate cake, you can thank Sam German for his delicious creation.
Can I Freeze My German Sweet Chocolate Pie?
German Sweet chocolate pie is a delicious dessert that can be enjoyed fresh or frozen. If you’ve made too much pie for one meal or you want to save some for later, freezing German Sweet chocolate pie is a great option. When done correctly, freezing German Sweet chocolate pie can help to preserve its flavor and texture.
Then, wrap the pie tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Be sure to label the pie with the date it was frozen. German Sweet chocolate pie can be stored in the freezer for up to two months.
Pie Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Cedilis Set of 2 Ceramic Pie Pan for Baking, 9 Inches Pie Plate, 47 Ounce Deep Dish Pie Pan, Round Baking Dish for Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Red and GreenCeramic Pie Weights Reusable 10mm Baking Beans Pie Crust Weights Natural Ceramic Stoneware with a Drainage Storage Box with holes and Canvas Storage Bag(1.2LB)Pie Pans for Baking, Lareina Ceramic 9 Inch Deep Pie Dish with Rippled Edge for Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, Durable Pie Plate, Set of 2, WhiteEmile Henry 9Dough Presser Pocket Pie Molds, Party Potluck Hand Pie Molds, Hand Pie Molds, Apple, Pumpkin And Acorn Shapes 3-Piece
More Easy Pie Recipes!
You’ll Love these Other Chocolate Desserts
- Instant Pot Layered Chocolate Cake
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Mini Brownies
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1 Package (4 Ounces) Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 4 Ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 Container (8 Ounce) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 Prepared Graham Cracker Crumb Crust (6 Ounces)
- Chocolate Curls
- Microwave chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the milk in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Beat in cream cheese, sugar, and remaining milk until blended. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Gently fold in whipped topping until smooth. Spoon into crust.
- Freeze pie 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with chocolate curls., if desired Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until pie can be cut easily. Store leftover pie in freezer.