This easy Candy Cane Cookie Cake recipe is perfect for the holidays! Combining classic Christmas flavors such as chocolate wafer cookies and Cool Whip topping, this easy-to-make cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Your family and friends will be delighted when you serve up this easy candy cane-inspired treat – it’s sure to be a hit at your holiday party! Try this easy recipe today and share the joy of Christmas with everyone!
There’s nothing like a cake to make a special occasion even more special. And while store-bought cakes can be tempting, there’s nothing quite like a homemade cake. But if you’re not a experienced baker, the prospect of making a cake from scratch can be daunting. Luckily, there are plenty of easy Cake Recipes out there that even beginning bakers can successfully make. With a little time and effort, you can bake a cake that will impress your friends and family.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for this incredibly easy recipe!
- Chocolate Wafer Cookies– Chocolate Wafer Cookies are the perfect choice for a candy cane cookie cake. The chocolate flavor complements the peppermint of the candy cane, and the cookies themselves are nice and crisp. When layered with frosting, they create a cake that is both flavorful and easy to eat.
- Milk– One key to making a great candy cane cookie cake is to brush the chocolate wafers with milk before adding the filling. This helps to soften the wafers and make them more pliable, so they’re less likely to crack when you bend the cake as a whole. In addition, the milk helps to bring out the flavor of the chocolate, making for a richer, more intense flavor in your final cake.
- Cool Whip Topping– Cool Whip Topping is often added to cookie wafer cake because it provides a light, fluffy texture that complements the crunch of the cookies. In addition, Cool Whip Topping can be flavored with various extracts and spices to complement the flavor of the cake.
- Angel Flake Coconut– Angel Flake Coconut is often used as a topping or filling for desserts like candy cane cookie cake. It’s also a good choice for those who are looking for a dairy-free option, as it’s made from coconut milk. Angel Flake Coconut is high in fiber and has a naturally sweet flavor that compliments the sweetness of the cookie cake. In addition, the Angel Flake Coconut adds a nice texture to the cake.
- Red String Licorice– Red String Licorice is the perfect topping for a candy cane cookie cake. The chewy licorice pairs well with the crunch of the cookie, and the bold flavor of the licorice complements the sweetness of the cake. Red String Licorice is also a festive way to decorate a holiday dessert. The bright red color is perfect for Christmas, and the flavor of the licorice is reminiscent of peppermint.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Silicone Basting Pastry Brush Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Baking Grill Kitchen Cooking, Baste Pastries Cakes Meat Desserts Sausages, BPA Free, Dishwasher safe (Red)OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Wooden Spoon SetPyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer SafeCorelle Livingware Winter Frost White 12-1/4Glad Press’n Seal Plastic Food Wrap – 70 Square Foot Roll (Package May Vary)
How Long Does a Candy Cane Cookie Cake Last in the Refrigerator?
It’s the holidays, and that means candy cane cookie cake! But how long does this delicious treat last in the fridge? The answer may surprise you. According to experts, candy cane cookie cake is best eaten within two days of being refrigerated. After that, the flavor and texture start to degrade. However, if you’re not planning on eating your candy cane cookie cake right away, you can extend its shelf life by freezing it.
Wrapped tightly in foil or plastic wrap, candy cane cookie cake will stay fresh in the freezer for up to three months. So go ahead and indulge in this holiday favorite – just be sure to enjoy it while it’s still at its best!
What are Chocolate Wafer Cookies?
Chocolate Wafer Cookies are a type of cookie that is made with chocolate and wafer. They are usually round or oval in shape. The Chocolate Wafer Cookies were first created in the United States in the early 19th century. Chocolate Wafer Cookies are generally made with dark chocolate, but they can also be made with milk chocolate or white chocolate. Chocolate Wafer Cookies are often served with ice cream, pudding, or whipped cream.
What is an Icebox Cake?
An icebox cake is a dessert that is made by layering cookies or graham crackers with whipped cream or frosting. The cake is then refrigerated for several hours, allowing the cookies or crackers to soften and absorb the flavor of the cream or frosting. Icebox cakes are believed to have originated in the United States in the early 1900s, and they became popular during the Great Depression as an affordable and easy-to-make treat.
Today, icebox cakes are still enjoyed by people of all ages and can be customized with a variety of flavors and toppings.
Christmas Home Decorations from Amazon:
Artoid Mode Watercolor Poinsettia Red Christmas Table Runner, Seasonal Winter Xmas Holiday Kitchen Dining Table Decoration for Indoor Outdoor Home Party Decor 13 x 72 InchHodao Christmas Decorations Indoor Christmas Snowman Figurines for Home Winter for Table Top Centerpiece Fireplace Decor Cute Christmas Snowman Figurines Gifts (3PCS Joy Snowman Figurine)YEAHOME 2FT/24” Birch Tree Light with 24LT Warm White LEDs Battery Powered Timer, Christmas Decorations Indoor Artificial Tabletop Tree Lights Money Tree Wedding Desk Table Easter Decor (1 PC)Christmas Ornaments, Christmas Bells Decorations with Pine Cones, Used for Farmhouse Ornaments and Decoration Crafts Christmas Home Hanging OrnamentMorTime Christmas Centerpiece with 3 Candle Holders, Xmas Tabletop Decor with Red Flowers Berries Pinecones Steel Base for Indoor Home Christmas DecorationHOMirable Christmas Decorations for Home Cute Snowman Block Merry Christmas Sign Wooden Rustic Farmhouse Block Tabletop Xmas Party Holiday Décor for Living Room, Dining Table, Mantel, Tiered Tray, Gift
More Amazing Cake Recipes!
- German Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe
- Red Velvet Sheet Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Layered Chocolate Cake
- Easy Custard Cake Recipe
You’ll Love These Other Holiday Recipes!
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels Christmas Trees
- Holiday Wreath Bread Recipe
Candy Cane Cookie Cake
This easy, delicious recipe is the perfect Christmas dessert! Chocolate wafer cookies are layered with milk and Cool Whip topping, then sprinkled with Angel Flake coconut and red string licorice.
- 1 Package (9 Ounces) Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tub (8 Ounces) Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut (optional)
- Red String Licorice
- Brush cookies with milk; spread with whipped topping, using about 2 cups. (Refrigerate remaining whipped topping.)Stack cookies in groups of 4 or 5. Place stacks on plastic wrap to form a roll, pressing together lightly. Bend top of roll to form a “cane.” Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or freeze 4 hours until firm. Just before serving, unwrap and place on serving plate.
- Frost with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with coconut tinted with red and green food colorings and pieces of licorice. To serve, cut cake diagonally into slices. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Leave a Reply