If you’re looking for a easy and delicious winter treat, try the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe! This easy-to-make recipe only requires a few ingredients and is guaranteed to be a hit with everyone. The rich, chocolatey flavor of the cookie combined with the hint of sweetness from the mini marshmallows will have you wanting more. Plus, the easy steps make it a great recipe to bake with your family or friends – so make sure to give it a try this winter! Enjoy!
Crumbl Cookie Copycat Recipes are the perfect solution for anyone wanting to recreate Crumbl’s signature cookies without having to find their nearest store! Not only do these recipes replicate Crumbl’s soft-baked treats, but they also allow you to customize your favorite flavors. So if it’s a classic Crumble Chocolate Chunk Cookie or an experimental concoction of Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Bits, Crumbl Copycat Recipes have you covered!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for these delicious cookies!
- Butter– Butter is a classic ingredient in any successful baking recipe, and the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe is no exception! Not only does butter provide flavor, but it also helps create that perfect buttery texture that everyone loves.
- Brown Sugar– Brown sugar definitely uplifts the taste of a Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe – it’s sweet, velvety goodness is the perfect addition to the chewy chocolate cookie! Brown sugar contains molasses, which gives the cookies a rich and hearty flavor that you can’t get with regular white sugar. Additionally, Brown Sugar results in a higher moisture content than white sugar, making the cookies soft and chewy even after baking.
- Granulated Sugar– Granulated sugar is indispensable for any successful Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe! Granulated sugar brings out the perfect amount of sweetness in the recipe and serves as a crucial complement to the other flavors. Granulated sugar is also important because it effects how long the cookies bake, how they rise, how soft they’re going to be, and so much more.
- Large Egg– Large eggs are the ideal size and shape for baking, making them a great choice when preparing your Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe. Large eggs have a more balanced ratio of yolk to white and can whip up more quickly and evenly than other sizes, giving your cookies a luscious and even texture that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Vanilla Extract– Vanilla extract is an essential part of the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe. It adds a unique sweet and savory taste that helps bring out the warm, inviting chocolate flavor of the cookie. Vanilla extract helps balance out the richness of cocoa and chocolate chips in the recipe, making for a pleasant treat that everyone can enjoy.
- Heavy Cream– Heavy cream is a key ingredient for the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie frosting because of it adds richness to the flavor and texture. The cream creates depth while providing a rich and creamy finish to the frosting that sets it apart from more traditional recipes.
- Flour– When it comes to baking the perfect Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie, the kind of flour you use matters. All-purpose flour is a great starting point, but it’s also important to use a high-protein flour when preparing this recipe. Flours with higher protein levels like bread flour or an even richer dough produces a better texture for your cookies. Not only does this give it a softer inside and slightly crunchier outside but also helps bake them evenly as well as keeps their shape from spreading too much in the oven.
- Cocoa Powder– Cocoa powder makes all the difference in a Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe. Dutch-processed cocoa powders are especially good for baking recipes since they are less acidic than natural cocoa powders. Cocoa powders with high cacao percentages, such as 85%, will produce a rich and robust flavor.
- Baking Soda– Baking soda works seamlessly with the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe, adding a perfect balance of sweetness and just enough leavening power. Baking soda also helps to create an ideal and consistent texture that has kept this treat popular for years.
- Milk Chocolate Chips– Milk Chocolate Chips are the perfect way to level up a Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe! Milk chocolate chips add creaminess, sweetness, and a decadent smoothness that can’t be replicated with any other type of chocolate.
- Hot Cocoa Mix– Hot Cocoa Mix is the perfect baking ingredient to make the classic Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe. The Hot Cocoa Mix provides a rich and delectable flavor that complements the cookie perfectly. It also makes for a creamy and luxurious melted chocolate sensation when baked.
- Mini Marshmallows– Mini marshmallows are an excellent topping for the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie because they add a delicious and unique texture to the cookie. Mini marshmallows offer a contrast between their soft, fluffy composition and the crunch of the cookie.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
KitchenAid KSM150PSWH Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – WhitePrep Solutions by Progressive Quick Release Cookie Scoop – 3 Tbsp.Upgraded Paddle Attachment for KitchenAid Tilt-Head Stand Mixer (4.5-5 Quart), Replacement Flex Edge Beater with Scraper for Kitchen AidWilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanCooling Rack for Baking 2-Pack, 16×10 Inches Baking Rack, Thick Wire Cookie Rack for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling, Drying, Oven Safe, Fits Half Sheet PanOXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula, Gray, 4 inches
What is the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie?
Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie is a delicious treat for those who love both chocolate and cookies! Made with a warm, freshly-baked chocolate chip cookie, Crumbl’s Hot Chocolate Cookie is filled with a decadent, rich hot cocoa that truly defines the sweet life. Every bite bursts with flavor as the smooth dark chocolate chips and creamy hot cocoa goodness melt in your mouth. Whether you’re indulging yourself or sharing it with loved ones, Crumbl’s Hot Chocolate Cookie will forever have your heart melted by its warmth and sweetness.
How Do You Store the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie?
Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie is nothing short of delicious, so it’s important to make sure that it’s stored properly. The key to storing Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie is to keep the cookie sealed in an airtight container or plastic bag as soon as possible after purchasing it. Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookies also freeze well up to 6 months in a tightly sealed container – perfect if you want to enjoy it over time!
Make sure you store Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie away from direct sunlight and other heat sources, and that you eat your Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie within 7-14 days for the best flavor and texture. Lastly, never forget that Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookies are a treat made for sharing– why hoard all the deliciousness yourself? Enjoy!
Can You Use Flavored Marshmallows in the Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookies?
Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie has quickly become a phenomenon! Many of us have seen the hashtag with mouth-watering photos, but have you ever wondered what makes this cookie so special? Crumbl’s signature secret is that they include flavored marshmallows in the center of the cookie, which makes for a delicious burst of flavor.
The Crumbl Hot Chocolate Cookie is truly one-of-a-kind and a must-try for anyone who loves chocolate and marshmallows together! Now the only question is: what are the best flavors to use? If Crumbl didn’t have enough options already, imagine what could be created if different flavored marshmallows were used.
Cookie Baking Essentials at Amazon:
Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cake and More, BlackPROLISOK Silicone Baking Mat Set of 2 – Non-stick Reusable Baking Liners – Food Grade Safe Blue & Orange Silicone Cookie Sheets – Pack of 2 Flexible Cooking Mats for Half Baking SheetsReynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets, Pre-Cut Parchment Paper,25 Count (Pack of 4), 100 Total SheetsKitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, PistachioHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Piping Bag and Tips Cake Decorating Supplies Kit Baking Supplies Cupcake Icing Tips with Pastry Bag for Baking Decorating Cake
More Crumbl Cookie Copycat Recipes
- Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
- Kentucky Butter Crumbl Cookie Recipe
- Oreo Crumbl Cookie Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
You’ll Love these Other chocolate Cookies!
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- Andes Mint Brownie Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Marshmallow Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Cookies
- ½ Cup Butter
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, room temperature
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅔ Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
Hot Chocolate Frosting
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Packets Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- Mini Marshmallows for Decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350 then line a baking sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, Cream the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar together until light and creamy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour, dutch processed cocoa powder, and baking soda and mix just until the dry mixture disappears.
- Fold in the milk chocolate chips then using a large cookie scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten to about ½ inch in thickness. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Make the Frosting:
- While the cookies are cooling make the frozen hot chocolate frosting
- In a stand mixer using a whip attachment, whip the heavy cream, hot cocoa mix, and cocoa powder until light and fluffy. You will know your frosting is ready when it looks thick, this will take about 3-4 minutes of beating on medium to medium-high speed.
- Frost each cooled-down cookie with the frozen hot chocolate frosting then top with some mini marshmallows.