This easy Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe is the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit – and it’s so easy to make! With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have delicious soft and chewy gingerbread cookies in no time. So start preheating your oven, gather your ingredients and enjoy these delightful treats this holiday season! Enjoy the delicious, homemade taste of these gingerbread cookies – they’re sure to be a hit with everyone.
Crumbl Cookie Copycat Recipes are always a delicious treat! The popular Crumbl Cookies are known for their creative flavors and incredible taste, so it’s no wonder that people have gone to great lengths to recreate them in their own kitchens. Copycat recipes of Crumbl Cookies give everyone the opportunity to upgrade their skills in the kitchen and enjoy some delicious homemade cookies at the same time. There’s nothing quite like indulging in homemade sweets to take the edge off after a long day!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for this amazing cookie!
- Butter– Butter is the butter of butter baked goods. It’s no surprise butter is a key ingredient in the perfect Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe – it adds richness and delivers that classic, buttery flavor to every bite. Furthermore, butter helps create a delicious texture making it a great choice for this melt-in-your-mouth holiday treat!
- Granulated Sugar– Granulated sugar is an essential ingredient for creating a delicious Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe. Granulated sugar adds sweetness and enhances the flavor of the cookie. It also helps to create a golden-brown color on the outside, while mushy and chewy on the inside.
- Brown Sugar– Brown sugar is an essential part of the Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe. It adds an extra flavor of sweetness to the dough, while providing a moist and chewy texture to the baked cookies. Brown sugar is made by mixing regular refined white sugar with molasses, which not only adds sweetness to the cookie but also gives it a more complex flavor.
- Large Egg– Large eggs are the perfect choice for Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe because they give the cookies a perfect texture. Large eggs tend to deliver a better structure, allowing greater elasticity and creating softer, chewier results. Instead of using smaller eggs like medium or extra-large, which might affect the binding of your ingredients and make them spread in the oven, using large eggs ensures that all your creations come out as good as possible.
- Vanilla Extract– Vanilla extract is an essential ingredient in any classic cookie recipe, and Crumbl’s Gingerbread Cookie Recipe is no exception! Vanilla extract adds a subtle sweetness that pairs perfectly with this comforting holiday treat. Not only does it provide the traditional flavor of gingerbread cookies, but it is also known to enhance the chocolatey-molasses notes from the other ingredients.
- Molasses– Molasses is an important ingredient in the Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie recipe as it not only adds flavor and texture, but it also creates beautifully golden and crispy edges on these delicious treats. Molasses has a unique sweetness that enhances the flavor of the spiced gingerbread mix.
- All Purpose Flour– All Purpose Flour is the perfect flour for baking the Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe. Not only is All Purpose Flour easy to find in any grocery store, it also provides reliable results and a great cookie texture. All Purpose Flour helps maintain the moist interior and crunchy exterior of these yummy cookies and ensures they are soft yet still hold together well while baking.
- Cornstarch– Cornstarch is a great addition to any kitchen and especially a Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe! Cornstarch adds structure, reducing the chances of a crumbly cookie. Cornstarch also gives a lighter and airier final product due to its fine texture. Finally, Cornstarch helps to keep your gingerbread cookies soft, chewy and flavorful thanks to its absorbing capabilities.
- Baking Powder– Baking Powder can do wonders for your Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe! Baking powder reacts with liquid and heat to create air bubbles that make your cookies light, fluffy, and tender. This is key for gingerbread cookies that are supposed to be deliciously satisfying. Baking Powder also helps provide a springy and crumbly texture when mixed into the cookie dough, which is what really makes this recipe worthy of the Crumbl name!
- Baking Soda– Baking soda is a key ingredient for Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe! Baking soda is an extremely versatile baking tool that helps the cookie dough rise and gives your Cookie Recipe a delicious, fluffy texture. Baking soda also helps cut down on cooking time, since it encourages the Dough to expand quickly, meaning that you can have the delightful taste of freshly-baked gingerbread in no time.
- Cinnamon– Cinnamon is a wonderful spice to add to Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe. Not only does it give this cookie a rich, warm flavor and aroma but it also has many health benefits too!
- Ground Ginger– Ground ginger is a key ingredient for the Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe that brings out a deep, full-bodied flavor and just the right amount of sweetness. Ground ginger brings an unmistakable warmth to the cookie that really sets it apart from other recipes.
- Ground Cloves– Ground Cloves are the perfect ingredient for a Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe, as they bring out the delicious and warming autumn flavors of gingerbread. Ground Cloves add a distinctive aroma and flavor to the cookies, with their strong and spicy notes.
- Salt– Salt is an essential ingredient in many recipes, not just the Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie Recipe. It enhances flavors, balances out sweetness, and helps bring out the deliciousness of a dish. In the context of this recipe, salt brings out the warmth and complexity of the spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg, amplifying the irresistible aroma that comes from freshly-baked gingerbread cookies.
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese is the perfect addition to any Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie frosting. Cream cheese has a smooth, creamy texture that helps give your frosting some extra body, so it’s not too runny or too thick. Cream cheese also has a mild tanginess that complements the sweetness of the gingerbread cookie and helps make your frosting even more flavorful.
- Powdered Sugar– Powdered sugar is the perfect choice for your Crumbl Gingerbread Cookie frosting. This type of sugar gives this classic Christmas favorite a snowy, velvety texture while providing a touch of sweetness. It also has a light consistency so that it won’t weigh down your delicate cookies.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
KitchenAid Renewed RKSM6573ER 6-Qt. Professional Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer – Empire RedWilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanMedium Cookie Scoop, Cookie Dough Scoop, 2 Tablespoons/ 30 ml/ 1 oz, Spring-Loaded Scoop, 18/8 Stainless Steel, Comfortable GripPiping Bag and Tips Cake Decorating Supplies Kit Baking Supplies Cupcake Icing Tips with Pastry Bag for Baking Decorating CakeHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5KitchenAid KE001OHOBA Classic Solid Turner, One Size, Black 2
Why Did My Gingerbread Cookies Come Out Hard?
Gingerbread cookies are a classic and timeless treat that can bring comfort to many people during the holidays. Unfortunately, some of us have been unfortunate to make batches of cookies that were not as we wished they were. If your gingerbread cookies came out hard, there is probably a reasonable explanation for it.
It might be because you mixed the dough too long, used too much flour, or even baked them too long or at too high of a temperature. Taking note of each step while baking could help determine what went wrong so that your next batch comes out soft and chewy instead! Gingerbread cookies are sure to improve with practice, so don’t give up hope yet!
How Do You Know When a Gingerbread Cookie is Done?
Gingerbread cookies are a holiday favorite, but they can be tricky to get just right. It’s a fine balance between perfectly cooked and over-done – neither of which will yield the perfect cookie. The best way to determine when your gingerbread cookie is done is to use your other senses alongside sight and touch. Is your home suddenly filled with the smells of warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg?
Does pressing lightly on the top center of the cookie leave an indentation that springs back up? If so, it’s likely that the cookie is finished baking! Gingerbread cookies should have a beautiful golden color, and may even look slightly darker around the edges – that’s when you know it’s time to take them out for cooling so you can enjoy each delicious bite!
Do You Need to Store Crumbl Gingerbread Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting in the Refrigerator?
Crumbl Gingerbread Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are a delicious treat that you can enjoy all year round, but did you know that there are different storage requirements depending on what kind of Cookie you eat. Crumbl advises that their classic gingerbread cookies with cream cheese frosting should be stored in the refrigerator if you plan to eat them within a few days.
This is because the cream cheese frosting has dairy and needs to be kept cool for optimal freshness. Crumbl offers various other flavors and types of cookies which have different storage instructions — be sure to check the packaging so you can enjoy your Crumbl Cookies for as long as possible!
Christmas Home Decorations from Amazon!
MorTime Christmas Centerpiece with 3 Candle Holders, Xmas Tabletop Decor with Red Flowers Berries Pinecones Steel Base for Indoor Home Christmas DecorationHodao Christmas Decorations Indoor Home Decor Christmas Small Train Figurines Winter for Table Top Centerpiece Fireplace Decor Cute Christmas Train Decoration Gift (red Train)Wortour Artificial Christmas Vase 3-Piece Set Flocked with Mixed Xmas Decorations Ceramic White Bottles (White)ROGENA Christmas Gnomes Christmas Gnome Christmas Home Decor Gnome Christmas Decorations Christmas Gnomes DecorationsJchen Xmas Wooden Santa Claus Elk Snowman Festival Ornament Christmas Table Top Desk Window Decorations Ornament Christmas Doll Party Table Decorations (B)YEAHOME Christmas Countdown, Gnome Wall Hanging Sign Christmas Decor, Days Until Christmas Farmhouse Rustic Sign Advent Calendar Christmas Decorations Indoor for the Home Table Mantle Living Room
More Amazing Crumbl Cookie Copycat Recipes
- Kentucky Butter Crumbl Cookie Recipe
- Copycat Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookie
- Crumbl Pumpkin Cake Cookies
- Oreo Crumbl Cookie Recipe
You’ll Love These Other Delicious Gingerbread Recipes
- Easy Gingerbread Kiss Cookies
- Gingerbread Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Homemade Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Gingerbread Fudge Recipe
- ½ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 ⅔ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and creamy. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, molasses and mix until smooth.
- Gently mix in the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- Scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the baking sheet and flatten it to about 1 inch in thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool fully.
- Top each cookie with the homemade buttercream and decorate with your favorite sprinkles.
Make the cream cheese frosting:
- In a stand mixer whip the softened cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and the vanilla and mix on high speed again until light and fluffy. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Fill a piping bag with a large round tip with the cream cheese frosting and frost each cookie. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!