As soon as the leaves start to change color, I know it’s time for pumpkin everything. And one of my favorite pumpkin treats are these Crumbl Pumpkin Cake Cookies. They’re soft, cake-like cookies that are loaded with mini chocolate chips and spices. And the best part is that they’re easy to make. So if you’re looking for a delicious way to celebrate pumpkin season, be sure to give these cookies a try. You won’t be disappointed!
If you love Crumbl cookies but don’t live near one of their locations, never fear! There are plenty of Crumbl Cookie Copycat Recipes here that will let you enjoy your favorite cookies at home. From the OG chocolate chip cookie to more creative flavors like birthday cake and pumpkin spice, there’s a Crumbl cookie recipe for everyone. And the best part is, these recipes are pretty easy to follow, so you can enjoy fresh-baked Crumbl cookies any time you want!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
This is what you need for these delicious cookies!
- Butter– Butter adds richness and depth of flavor that you just don’t get with margarine or shortening. It also helps to keep the cookies moist and tender. It also helps to create a nice, crisp texture.
- Dark Brown Sugar– The molasses in dark brown sugar gives cookies a deep, rich flavor that pairs well with warming spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. It also helps to create a moist and chewy texture, making it perfect for pumpkin cake cookies and other fall favorites.
- Granulated Sugar–This is because granulated sugar dissolves more easily than other types of sugar, resulting in a more uniform distribution of sweetness. This is especially important in pumpkin cake cookies, where a balance of spices and sweetness is essential.
- Egg–Egg is often used as an ingredient in baked goods, and there are several reasons why it can be helpful in the kitchen. Egg whites can help to create a light, fluffy texture in cakes and meringues, while the yolks add richness and flavor. Eggs also act as a binding agent, helping to hold ingredients together.
- Vanilla Extract– Vanilla extract is a great way to add flavor to cookies. It’s also a good way to moisten the cookies and keep them from drying out. Vanilla extract adds a distinct flavor to food that can be both sweet and savory.
- All-Purpose Flour– All-Purpose Flour is ideal for cookies that are meant to be soft and fluffy, such as pumpkin cake cookies. The higher protein content in All-Purpose Flour will also help cookies to retain their shape and prevent them from spreading too much during baking.
- Baking Powder– Baking powder is a leavening agent, which means it helps to lighten the dough or batter and make it more fluffy. It’s made up of baking soda, cream of tartar and a small amount of cornstarch.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice– Pumpkin Pie Spice is a fall baking staple that can be used in all sorts of recipes – from pies and cakes to cookies and even lattes. Pumpkin spice is usually a blend of cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg, and it adds warm, comforting flavor to any dish.
- Ginger– Ginger is a popular spice with a warm, woody flavor. It’s often used in baking, and it’s a key ingredient in many pumpkin cookie recipes. The warm flavor of ginger pairs well with the sweetness of pumpkin, and it helps to balance out the richness of the cookies.
- Cinnamon– Cinnamon is one of the most popular spices for baking, and it’s often used in recipes for pumpkin cake cookies. The warm, earthy flavor of cinnamon compliments the sweetness of the pumpkin, and it also provides a lovely aroma. Cinnamon is also a good choice for pumpkin cookies because it helps to keep them moist.
- Salt– When used in small amounts, salt can help to round out the sweetness of cookies and make them more savory. Salt also plays an important role in tenderizing dough and helping it to maintain its shape during baking. For these reasons, salt is a key ingredient in many pumpkin cake cookies recipes.
- Mini Chocolate Chips– Mini chocolate chips are the perfect size for cookies. They provide just the right amount of chocolate in every bite. And they look so cute, too! The mini chocolate chips add a bit of sweetness and a lot of flavor. And they make the cookies look pretty, too!
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese frosting is a delicious and easy-to-make cookie frosting. Cream cheese frosting is spreadable and pipeable, making it perfect for decorating cookies. It is also thick enough to hold its shape when piped onto cookies.
- Powdered Sugar– Powdered sugar also has a slightly sweeter flavor than granulated sugar, which can be desirable in some recipes. In addition, because it is so fine, powdered sugar helps to create a light and airy texture in frosting. For these reasons, many bakers prefer to use powdered sugar when making cookie frosting.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Wilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanHiware 2-Pack Cooling Racks for Baking, Stainless Steel Wire Rack Baking Rack Oven Rack Cookie Rack, Oven Safe, Rust-Resistant Rack for Cooking, Baking, Roasting and Grilling – Fit Half Sheet PanKitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer, 4.5 Q, Onyx BlackOXO Good Grips Large Cookie Scoop, Multicolor, LargeOXO Good Grips 5-Quart Mixing BowlOXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, Beech
How Long Can You Store Pumpkin Cake Cookies?
The pumpkin cake cookie is a fall favorite. But how long can you store these tasty treats? Pumpkin cake cookies are best eaten fresh, within two to three days of baking. After that, they start to lose their flavor and become stale. If you must store them for longer, pumpkin cake cookies will keep for up to one week if stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
For the longest shelf life, pumpkin cake cookies can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to eat, simply thaw the cookies at room temperature or reheat them in the oven for a few minutes. No matter how you enjoy them, pumpkin cake cookies are a delicious way to celebrate the season.
Can You Freeze Crumbl Cookies with Frosting?
Crumbl Cookies are a delicious treat, but can you freeze them with frosting? The answer is yes! Frosted Crumbl Cookies will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. Simply place the cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy a frosted cookie, simply let it thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
What Pumpkin Puree is Best for Pumpkin Cookies?
If you’re looking for the best pumpkin puree for pumpkin cookies, there are a few things to consider. First, pumpkin puree can vary in thickness and texture, so you’ll want to choose one that will give your cookies the right consistency. Second, pumpkin purees can also vary in sweetness, so be sure to taste the puree before using it in your recipe.
Third, while most pumpkin purees will work well in pumpkin cookies, some brands may produce a more pronounced pumpkin flavor than others. Ultimately, the best pumpkin puree for pumpkin cookies is one that will produce delicious and moist cookies with the perfect balance of sweetness and pumpkin flavor.
Pumpkin Essentials from Amazon:
Fall Pillow Covers 12×20 inch, Linen Autumn Hello Pumpkin Throw Pillow Covers for Sofa Bedroom Outdoor Farmhosue Cushion Home DecorationDECSPAS Fall Decorations for Home, 3 Pcs Large Size Fall Gnome Block Set with Pumpkin for Fall Decor, Decorative Wood Sign for Mantle, Tiered Tray, Table, Thanksgiving DecorationsMEETYAMOR Fall Decorations for Home, 3 Pack Pumpkin Wood Sign with WELCOME HARVEST PUMPKIN Lettered for Fall Decor, Decorative Autumn Sign Autumn for Room, Table, Tiered Trays, Shelf, ThanksgivinDECSPAS Fall Decorations for Home, Large Size 3-layered Wooden Pumpkin Sign Block Set Fall Decor, Decorative Wooden Sign for Living Room, Mantle, Dining Table, Thanksgiving DecorationsNEEDOMO Fall Decorations for Home, Large Size Wooden Pumpkin Sign Block Set Fall Decor with Autumn Element, Thanksgiving Decorations For Living Room, Fireplace, Dining Table
More Crumbl Cookie Copycat Recipes Like This!
- Crumbl Pumpkin Roll Cookie Recipe
- Crumbl Heath Bar Cookie Recipe
- Crumbl Oreo Birthday Cookie Recipe
- Crumbl German Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Amazing Cake Cookies Like This You’ll Love
- Halloween Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Valentine Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies
- Super Yummy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1⁄2 Cup Butter, melted and cooled down
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1⁄2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1⁄2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon Salt
- Mini Chocolate Chips (optional for decoration)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoon Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, cinnamon, and salt until the dry mixture disappears.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 12 equally sized cookie dough balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Gently spray the back of a spoon, or your hands with non-stick cooking spray and flatten the cookies a little to about 2⁄3 inch in thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-16 minutes, then let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a stand mixer, cream the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and continue whipping for 4-6 minutes or until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Place the frosting in a ziplock baggie and snip a corner off. Pipe the frosting on top of the cooled-down cookies. Decorate each cookie with mini chocolate chips and enjoy!