This Coconut Pecan Poke Cake is the perfect recipe to whip up when you’re craving something sweet and delicious – and it’s so easy to make! With a butter pecan cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, coconut-pecan frosting, cool whip, coconut flakes and chopped pecans, this poke cake will have your family and friends begging for seconds. Whip up this crowd favorite today and make your next party a hit!
So, have you tried making a poke cake yet? If not, you’re really missing out on a dessert game changer! Poke Cake Recipes are not only easy to make, but they’re also customizable to whatever flavor your heart desires. With just a simple cake mix, you can create a delicious dessert that’ll impress your friends and family. Top with some whipped cream and fruit, and you’ll have yourself a masterpiece. Plus, when you slice into the cake and see the stunning colors and unique texture, you’ll feel like a baking pro!
Favorite Poke Cake Recipes
Have you tried poke cakes yet? They’re basically just regular cakes that have been poked with holes and filled with all kinds of deliciousness. And let me tell you, some of the best recipes out there are poke cake recipes. From classic flavors like chocolate and vanilla to more unusual ones like pumpkin spice or key lime, there’s no shortage of options when it comes to poke cakes.
- Kentucky Butter Poke Cake
- Red Velvet Poke Cake with Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pistachio Poke Cake
- Carrot Poke Cake Recipe
Ingredients Needed for this Delicious Poke Cake
Here’s what you need to make this easy dessert!
- Butter Pecan Cake Mix– Butter pecan cake mix has that perfect balance of being both rich and nutty, which pairs beautifully with the coconut and pecans. Plus, the additional caramel notes in the cake mix add a depth of flavor that takes this dessert to the next level. Trust me, once you try this combo, you won’t be looking back.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– When it comes to poke cake, sweetened condensed milk sinks deep into the cake’s holes, creating a rich and indulgent texture that’s pretty much impossible to resist. Top it off with some shredded coconut and toasted pecans, and you’ve got yourself a dessert that’s sure to impress.
- Coconut Pecan Frosting– As the cake soaks up the frosting, it becomes ultra-moist and bursting with flavor. Every bite is like a little slice of paradise, with the buttery sweetness of the pecans marrying perfectly with the subtle, nutty flavor of the coconut. It’s no wonder coconut pecan poke cake is a crowd-pleaser at every gathering.
- Cool Whip– Cool Whip has a certain lightness to it that doesn’t overpower the rich flavors of the cake. Plus, its slightly sweet flavor complements the nutty, coconutty goodness of the cake without stealing the show. And let’s not forget the convenience factor – no need to whip your own cream or worry about it melting in the summer heat.
- Coconut Flakes– The subtle sweetness and crunch of the coconut flakes perfectly complement the rich flavors of the cake and pecans. It adds a tropical twist without being too overpowering. Plus, the texture it creates on top of the cake is just delightful.
- Chopped Pecans– There’s something about chopped pecans that just make any dessert better. And when you pair them with coconut, oh boy, it’s a match made in heaven. But have you ever tried them on a poke cake? It’s a game changer. The crunchy texture of the nuts perfectly complements the soft, spongy cake while adding a nutty, earthy flavor that’s hard to resist.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
If you’re a baking enthusiast, you know that having the right tools and ingredients can make all the difference in creating the perfect dessert. That’s why I’m in love with the baking essentials collection at Amazon! From silicone baking mats to measuring cups and spoons, they have everything you need to bake like a pro.
KitchenAid KSM150PSPT Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – PistachioOXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cake Pan 9 x 13 InchKitchenAid Gourmet Utility Whisk, 10.5-Inch, Matte Aqua SkyGorilla Grip Mixing Bowls Set of 2, Slip Resistant Rubber Bottom, Nesting Baking Bowl, Soft Wide Handle, Easy Pour Spout, Electric Mixer and Dishwasher Safe, Kitchen Essentials, 5 and 3 QT, TurquoiseCooptop Silicone Spatula Set – Rubber Spatula – 600°F Heat Resistant Baking Spoon & Spatulas(Dark Grey)OXO Good Grips Small Silicone Flexible Turner Black
Why is it Called Poke Cake?
If you’ve ever had poke cake, you might be wondering why on earth it’s called that. Is it because you poke holes in the cake before adding toppings? Is it because it’s so delicious you can’t help but poke more and more bites into your mouth? Well, the answer is actually much simpler than that. Poke cakes are called that because, well, you poke them!
And after the cake is baked, you use the handle of a wooden spoon or a straw to poke holes all over the cake. Then, you pour some kind of filling or topping over the holes so it seeps into the cake. It’s as easy as that!
So the next time you take a bite of a deliciously moist and flavorful poke cake, you can impress your friends with your newfound knowledge of its name.
What is Poke Cake Made of?
Have you ever heard of a dessert that’s as fun to make as it is to eat? Look no further than poke cake. This creative and flavorful treat consists of a basic cake, that you poke holes in after baking, allowing for an infusion of flavors. While the cake and flavor combinations are endless, the standard poke cake is often a classic white or yellow cake.
Top it off with whipped cream or frosting, and you’ve got a delicious and moist cake that anyone will enjoy. With so many ways to customize it, poke cake is a dessert that you can make your own.
Can You Make a Poke Cake Ahead of Time?
So, you’ve got a get-together coming up and want to impress everyone with your baking skills (and make their taste buds happy, of course). The question is – can you make a poke cake ahead of time? The answer is: absolutely! Making a poke cake ahead of time is not only possible, but it’s also a smart move if you’re someone who likes to plan ahead (no last-minute stress here!).
In fact, making a poke cake ahead of time can even make it taste better as the flavors have more time to develop and integrate. So, don’t worry about compromising on the deliciousness factor – you can make your poke cake a day or two before your big gathering, and everyone will still love it just as much.
Cake Making Essentials at Amazon
Are you ready to take your baking to the next level? Then it’s time to stock up on the cake making essentials available on Amazon. From cake pans and mixing bowls to spatulas and decorating tools, there’s no shortage of supplies to help you create the perfect cake.
Kootek 144pcs Cake Pan Set with Removable Base, Cake Decorating Supplies with 3 Round Nonstick Bakeware Springform Pans (4Yookat 2 Pack Acrylic Lollipop Holder Acrylic Cake Pop Stand 50PCS Clear Treats Bags 50PCS Lollipop Sticks and 50PCS Silver Metallic Twist Ties for Candy Cake Pop Sticks Making Tools (Silver)Riccle Cake Decorating Supplies Kit Baking With 3 Reusable Silicone Piping Bags 12,14&16inches- 3 Couplers, 6 Frosting Tips, 1 Bismarck Tip, 3 Icing bag ties, Set Of 3 Cake Scrapers, 2 Flower NailsCake Decorating Pen Tool Kit Pastry Bag DIY Cake Deco Tools Kit Pastry Icing Pen Piping Kit Bags(Blue)Anaeat Icing Spatula, 3 Pieces Professional Angled Offset Frosting Spatulas with 6Amazon Basics Nonstick Round Baking Cake Pan, 9 Inch, Set of 2, Gray
Delicious Coconut Desserts
Who doesn’t love a good dessert? And when it comes to coconut desserts, things get even better. There’s something about the sweet, nutty flavor of coconut that just screams “indulgence”.
- Chocolate Coconut Poke Cake
- Tasty Instant Pot Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake Recipe
- Pina Colada Cake
- Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
- 15 Ounce Cake Mix (Betty Crocker Butter Pecan)
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 16 Ounce Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 8 Ounces Cool Whip
- 1 Cup Coconut Flakes
- ½ Cup Pecans, chopped
- Spray a 9x 13 baking pan with cooking spray
- Mix the cake to manufacturers instructions
- Cool the cake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, put the Coconut Pecan Frosting and the Sweetened Condensed milk in a medium mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Once the cake has cooled, use a straw and poke holes in the cake.
- Place the mixing bowl with the milk and frosting in the microwave for 30 secs at a time until runny.
- Pour mixture over the cake and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Frost the cake with the Cool whip and sprinkle the top with coconut and chopped pecans.