These Orange and Green Halloween Cookies are perfect for your next Halloween party! They’re easy to make, and the orange and green M&M’s give them a festive look. The cookie recipe is simple, and only requires a few ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. So why not try something new this Halloween and bake up a batch of these festive cookies!
If you’re looking for the Best Cookie Recipes, you’ve come to the right place. Here you’ll find all sorts of delicious cookie recipes, from classic chocolate chip cookies to more exotic varieties. And if you’re feeling really adventurous, you can even try your hand at making your own cookie dough from scratch. So whether you’re a cookie aficionado or a baking novice, there’s sure to be a recipe here that tickles your fancy. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Ingredients Needed to Make this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make these festive cookies!
- Light Brown Sugar– Light brown sugar helps to moisten cookies and keeps them from spreading too much. So if you’re looking for a cookie with great flavor and a moist, chewy texture, be sure to use light brown sugar in your recipe.
- White Sugar– Sugar helps cookies to spread evenly as they bake, resulting in a soft and fluffy texture. It also helps to prevent cookies from becoming too cakey or dense.
- Large Eggs– Large eggs are important for making cookies because they help to provide structure and leavening. The protein in the egg whites helps cookies to rise, while the fat in the yolks gives them a tender, rich texture.
- Light Corn Syrup– Light corn syrup is less processed than other types of sugar and has a milder flavor. It is also less likely to crystallize, which makes it ideal for making soft, chewy cookies.
- Pure Vanilla Extract– Pure Vanilla Extract is a natural preservative, so it helps to keep cookies fresh for a longer period of time.
- All Purpose Flour– All Purpose Flour is the most commonly used type of flour because it works well for many different recipes. All Purpose Flour strikes the perfect balance of gluten, giving you cookies that are fluffy and soft, but with enough structure to hold their shape.
- Dark Cocoa Powder– Dark Cocoa Powder gives cookies a rich, chocolatey flavor that is simply irresistible. In addition, Dark Cocoa Powder can help to make your cookies more moist and chewy.
- Cornstarch– When added to cookie dough, cornstarch helps the cookies to spread less during baking, resulting in a thicker, chewier cookie. Although it may seem like a small change, using cornstarch in your cookie recipe can make a big difference in the texture and flavor of your final product.
- Baking Soda– Baking soda is one of the key ingredients in many cookie recipes. It’s a leavening agent, which means it helps the cookies to rise and gives them a light, fluffy texture.
- Kosher Salt– Kosher salt is often used in cookie recipes, as it helps to enhance the flavor of the cookies.
- Green & Orange M&M’s– M&M’s are one of the most popular candy in the world. These colorful little candies come in a variety of flavors, from classic milk chocolate to peanut butter and mint.
- Unsalted Butter– Unsalted butter is an important ingredient in many cookie recipes. The reason for this is that unsalted butter has a higher moisture content than salted butter. This means that it will produce a softer, more cake-like cookie.
- Powdered Sugar- Powdered sugar is important for frosting because it helps to create a smooth and creamy consistency. When combined with butter or cream, powdered sugar forms a thick mixture that can be easily spread on top of a cake or cupcake.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Heavy whipping cream is an important ingredient for making frosting because it helps to create a smooth and stable consistency. Heavy whipping cream also adds a richness and creaminess to frosting that cannot be achieved with milk or other substitutes.
- Gel Food Coloring– Gel food coloring is a concentrated food color that comes in a small tube or jar. Gel food coloring is perfect for frosting because it doesn’t change the consistency of the frosting and it provides vibrant, long-lasting color.
- Green & Orange Mini M&M’s– Mini M&M’s are bite-sized pieces of chocolate that are coated in a hard candy shell. Mini M&M’s are also a popular topping for ice cream and frosting.
Supplies Needed for this Recipe
- Large Piping Bag–Large piping bags are often used for frosting because they allow you to pipe the frosting onto the cake or cupcake in a variety of different designs. Large piping bags are also convenient because they allow you to pipe a batch of cookies quickly and easily.
- Large Round Tip–Large Round Tips are most commonly used for frosting. The large, round opening allows for a smooth, even application of frosting on cookies. With a little practice, you’ll be able to create beautiful decorations using a Large Round Tip.
- Two Small Bowls–Use the bowls to divide the frosting in half and color it with the two different gel food colorings.
Cookie Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Wilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanMMmat Silicone Baking Mats – Best German Silicone – Set of 2KitchenAid KSM150PSWH Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – WhiteMedium Cookie Scoop, Cookie Dough Scoop, 2 Tablespoons/ 30 ml/ 1 oz, Spring-Loaded Scoop, 18/8 Stainless Steel, Comfortable GripRiccle Reusable Piping Bags and Tips Set – Strong Silicone Icing Bags with Tips – 25 Pcs Cake Decorating Kit of 6 Pastry Bags 12, 14 & 16 Inch – 6 Couplers, 6 Frosting Tips, 6 Bag Ties, Cake Scraper6 Neon Colors Food Coloring Liqua-Gel Decorating Kit – U.S. Art Supply Food Grade, 0.75 fl. oz. (20ml) Bottles, Non-Toxic Neon Colors
Can You Add M&Ms to Cookie Dough Before Baking?
The answer is yes, you can add M&Ms to cookie dough before baking. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, the M&Ms will spread out more during baking if they are added to the cookie dough before it is Scooped onto the cookie sheet. This means that your cookies will be thinner and have flatter tops.
Second, the M&Ms will also retain their shape better if they are added to the cookie dough before baking. If you want your M&Ms to have a more muted appearance, add them after the cookie dough has been Scooped onto the cookie sheet.
Why are My M&M Cookies Flat?
Have you ever made cookies only to have them turn out flat and sad-looking? It’s a common problem, and there are a few possible causes. One reason your cookies might be flat is that the recipe simply doesn’t include enough leavening agent. This could be because the recipe is old, or it might just be a bad recipe. If you suspect this is the case, try adding a little extra baking powder or soda to the dough.
Another possibility is that you overcooked the cookies. Even if they don’t look browned, cookies can get dry and hard if you bake them for too long. Try setting a timer and removing the cookies from the oven as soon as it goes off. Finally, it’s possible that your dough was too wet. If this is the case, adding a little more flour should help to firm it up and produce better results. Whatever the cause of your flat cookies, there are ways to fix it. With a little trial and error, you should be able to produce perfect M&M cookies every time!
What is the Secret to Soft Cookies?
Many people believe that the key to making soft cookies is to use a recipe that calls for melted butter. While this can certainly help, there are a few other tips that can also make a big difference. First, be sure to cream the butter and sugar together thoroughly before adding any other ingredients. This will help to create a light and fluffy dough. Second, add an extra egg yolk to the recipe.
This will help to give the cookies a richer flavor and a softer texture. Finally, be sure to use high-quality ingredients. If your flour is too old or your baking powder is past its expiration date, it could affect the cookie’s texture. By following these simple tips, you can create soft, delicious cookies that are sure to please everyone.
M&M Essentials from Amazon:
M&M Fleece Blanket with all M&M CharactersRacer Candy Dispenser by M&M Characters Red dispense candy, gumballs, nuts, snacks and treats for children, kids, adultsM&M Lenticular Cups Set of 4-24 oz. each Characters Blue, Green, Red & YellowClassic M&M’s Characters Collectible Ceramic Bowl Christmas Gift Set, Individually Wrapped Fun Sized Chocolate Candies, Holiday Gifts for Men and Women, 2 Piece Set, 0.92 OuncesM&M’s Limited Edition 2016 Yellow Character Dispenser with Lights & SoundsM&Ms Animated Talking Character TelephoneRoller Coaster Candy Dispenser by M&M Characters Red and Yellow dispense candy, gumballs, nuts, snacks and treats for children, kids, adults
Many More of the Best Cookie Recipes!
- Confetti Cookie Recipe
- Reeses Pieces Pumpkin Cookies
- Halloween Cake Mix Cookies
- No Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Fun Kid-Friendly Halloween Recipes
- Mummy Sugar Cookies
- Halloween Eyes Dunkaroo Dip
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Halloween Cookie Bark
- 1 1⁄2 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1⁄2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Hershey Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Green and Orange M&M’s
- 1 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Neon Green Gel Food Coloring
- Neon Orange Gel Food Coloring
- Green and Orange Mini M&M’s
- Large piping bag fitted with large round tip
- 2 Small Bowls
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with a silicone baking mat.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt and baking soda Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet until a dough forms.
- Gently fold in the 1 cup of green and orange m&m’s.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out dough mound into your hand and roll into a ball.
- Place onto the cookie sheet and light press into a thick disk Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until firm around the edge.
- Allow to cool completely.
For the Vanilla Frosting:
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, Vanilla extract until creamy and holds a peak.
- Divide the frosting into the two bowls.
- Mix 3 drops of the Neon Green gel food coloring into 1 bowl.
- Mix in 3 drops of the Neon Orange gel food coloring into the second bowl.
- Scoop the neon green frosting onto 1 side of the piping bag and the neon orange frosting onto the other side of the piping bag.
- Pipe swirls around each cookie and sprinkle some green and orange mini m&m’s on top.