If you’re looking for a delicious cookie recipe to make this Halloween, look no further than these Mummy Sugar Cookies! They’re easy to make, using only a few simple ingredients, and they taste great. Just be sure to have plenty of frosting on hand to turn your cookies into spooky mummies!
If you’re looking for the Best Cookie Recipes, you’ve come to the right place. From sugar cookies to chocolate chip cookies, we’ve got all your cookie cravings covered. And because we know that everyone’s taste is different, we’ve also included a variety of recipes so you can find the perfect cookie for you. So whether you like your cookies soft and chewy or crisp and crunchy, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here is a list of ingredients needed to make these mummy cookies!
- Unsalted Butter– Using unsalted butter helps to keep the flavor of the cookie pure, allowing the sweetness of the sugar to shine through. In addition, unsalted butter generally has a lower water content than salted butter. This helps to keep the cookie from spreading too much during baking, giving it a more uniform shape.
- Granulated Sugar– This sugar helps to create a crisp outer shell while still keeping the cookie soft and chewy on the inside. Without granulated sugar, the cookie would be dense and would not have that classic sugar cookie flavor.
- Large Egg– Eggs provide structure and stability to the cookie dough, ensuring that the cookies retain their shape during baking.
- Vanilla Extract– When used in sugar cookies, vanilla extract amplifies the sweetness of the sugar and gives the cookies a rich flavor that simply couldn’t be achieved without it.
- All Purpose Flour– Sugar cookies, in particular, require a high amount of gluten in order to achieve their signature crispness. Gluten is a protein found in wheat flour that helps to form a strong network within the cookie dough, resulting in a cookie that holds its shape and doesn’t spread too thin during baking. All purpose flour is made from a blend of wheat flours with different gluten content, giving it the perfect balance for sugar cookie recipes.
- Baking Powder- Baking powder helps to produce light, fluffy cookies by adding a small amount of air to the dough. Without baking powder, cookies would be dense and heavy.
- Salt– A small amount of salt helps to offset the sweetness and brings out the other flavors in the cookie. In addition, salt helps to tenderize the dough, resulting in a cookie that is soft and flavorful.
- White Candy Melts– White candy melts are a type of candy coating that can be used for a variety of cookies and other confections. They have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for dipping or drizzling.
- Coconut Oil– Adding a small amount of coconut oil to the candy melts can help to prevent them from turning color. The coconut oil helps to stabilize the candy melts and keeps the oils from leaching out. As a result, your cookies will stay nice and white for much longer.
Baking Supplies and Essentials from Amazon
KitchenAid KSM150PSWH Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – WhiteWilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanMMmat Silicone Baking Mats – Best German Silicone – Set of 2Round Decorating Piping Tip #12Wilton 12-Inch Disposable Decorating Bags for Piping and Decorating with Assorted Icings, Flexible and Microwave-Safe, Bags Only (24-Count)HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5
Supplies Needed for this Recipe
- White Rolling Fondant– Fondant is a type of sugar paste that’s often used to decorate cakes and cupcakes and is perfect for creating ghosts, zombies, and other spooky halloween decorations.
- Black Edible Marker Pen– If you’re looking for a way to spook up your halloween cookies, then a black edible marker pen is the way to go! Simply use the pen to draw on eyes, mouths, or any other creepy designs you can think of. The best part is that these pens are safe to use on food, so you don’t have to worry about them making your treats inedible.
- Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter– This is the perfect tool for the job – bake up a batch of cookies and then decorate with icing and fondant you’ve got mummies!
What are Candy Melts Made of?
Candy melts are a type of candy that is made from sugar, milk, and cocoa butter. They are often used for decorating cakes and cupcakes. candy melts can be found in a variety of colors, but they are most commonly white. The candy melts are then dyed with food coloring to create the desired color. This candy is very versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. Candy melts are a fun and easy way to decorate your treats!
What is the Difference between Fondant and Rolling Fondant?
Fondant is a type of icing that is made from sugar, water, and gelatin. It is often used to cover cakes and other desserts. Rolling fondant is a type of fondant that is made from sugar, water, vegetable shortening, and corn syrup. It is usually used to cover larger cakes or to make figures and decorations. Fondant is available in both white and colored varieties.
Rolling fondant is usually white, but it can also be found in a variety of colors. Fondant typically has a sweet flavor, while rolling fondant generally does not have a flavor. Fondant is also available in both flavored and unflavored varieties. Many people prefer the taste of flavored fondant, but some people find the flavor to be too strong. Rolling fondant is also available in both flavored and unflavored varieties.
Are Butter Cookies and Sugar Cookies the Same?
Cookies are one of the most classic desserts. They come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors, making them the perfect treat for any occasion. While there are countless types of cookies, two of the most popular varieties are butter cookies and sugar cookies. Both cookies are made with flour, butter, and sugar, but they have some key differences.
Butter cookies often contain additional ingredients like eggs and vanilla extract, which give them a richer flavor. Sugar cookies, on the other hand, are typically lighter and sweeter. They often contain more sugar than butter cookies, which gives them a crisp texture. So, while butter cookies and sugar cookies may look similar, they actually have quite different tastes.
Halloween Baking Ideas from Amazon!
7PCS Large Halloween Cookie Cutters Set, Stainless Steel Metal Halloween Cookie Cutters Shapes — Witch’s Hat, Pumpkin, Ghost, Bat Spidder and Cats (Halloween Cookie Cutter)Silicone Cake Molds For Baking – Halloween 3D Pumpkin Silicone Mold 6 Cavities Cupcake Baking Pan Mousse Mold Tray For Candy Chocolate Brownie,Cheesecake Dessert Handmade DIY Soap MakingOven Mitts and Pot Holders Set High Insulated Oven Gloves with Heat Insulation Pad Cat and Halloween Pumpkins Soft Cotton Lining and Non-Slip Surface Kitchen Mitten for Safe BBQ Cooking BakingChef Craft Paper Patterned Cupcake Liners, 50 count, Orange/Black/WhiteDecoPac Spooky Halloween Edible decorations sprinkles quins, Multicolored – Orange, White and Black, 18 Ounces
Try Some More of Our Best Cookie Recipes!
- Cookie Ball Recipes
- No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- OREO Peppermint Cookies
- 4th of July Donut Cookies
- Halloween Cake Mix Cookies
- Salty and Sweet Halloween Bark
- Halloween Puppy Chow Recipe
- Cute Halloween Brownies
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour + extra for rolling
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Cups White Candy Melts
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 2 Ounces White Rolling Fondant
- 1 Black Edible Marker Pen
- 1 Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter (about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide)
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix together until cookie dough forms.
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic and chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour to a clean work surface. Roll out dough on the floured surface with a rolling pin - about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Cut out 12 “gingerbread man shapes” with the cookie cutter. Place each one carefully on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 6-7 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before decorating.
- Roll out white fondant until it’s about 1/3 inch.
- Use the tip of Wilton piping tip #12 to cut out 48 circles.
- Draw a dot on each circle (for the pupils) with the edible marker pen.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add candy melts and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals or until completely melted, stirring between each interval.
- Scoop the melted candy into a plastic piping bag. Cut a small slit at the end.
- Add candy melt stripes on each of the sugar cookie cutouts… these will act as the “wrapping” on the mummy. It doesn’t matter if it’s uneven - the less perfect the stripes are, the creepier they will look!
- Add 2 fondant eyes on the head of each cookie. Allow the cookies to set. Enjoy!