These OREO Peppermint Cookies are the easiest and most delicious cookies I’ve made lately. They’re so easy and all that cookie-on-cookie action makes me swoon.
These are one of the most yummy and best Cookie Recipes you’ll find. Just all that perfection, in a baked good–you know? You know.
Prepworks by Progressive Ultimate 19-Piece Measuring Cups & Spoon SetCLICK FOR A CLOSER LOOKBaking Sheet Set of 2, Bastwe 18 inch Commercial Grade Stainless Steel Baking Pan, Professional Bakeware Oven Tray, Healthy & Non-toxic, Rust Free & Mirror Finish, Easy Clean & Dishwasher SafeCLICK FOR A CLOSER LOOK
What You Need to Make OREO Peppermint Cookies
- white cake mix
- unsalted butter
- peppermint extract
- cream cheese
- Oreo cookie chunks
- Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
- dark chocolate chips
How to Make OREO Peppermint Cookies
Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, peppermint extract, and cream cheese.
Fold in the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces, and chocolate chips.
Cover the bowl and chill the dough for one hour.
Preheat your oven 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Form dough into balls.
Bake cookies for 10 minutes. The cookies will look gooey and soft, but they’re done.
Allow the cookies to remain on the cookie sheet and cool for 2-3 minutes.
Remove the parchment paper from the baking sheet to the counter.
Gently press down on the cookies with a flat spatula to flatten them.
Allow the cookies to cool completely and serve!
Looking for a New Apron?
Love this customizable apron for her.
And this apron for him is a favorite of mine!
Tips to Make OREO Peppermint Cookies
- Don’t use your mixer to work in the chocolate chips, cookie chunks and peppermint. That’ll just crush it all up and make it some kind of horrible mess. So, just fold them in with a spatula or spoon.
- When you’re mixing together the dough to start with, use a mixer, but as the dough gets stiffer, you might need to move to a dough hook or spatula as the dough gets thicker. But, once the dough has formed, stop mixing, no matter what you’ve used. You don’t want to over mix the dough–it’ll make your cookies tough and these cookies need to be less chewy, more soft.
- If you want more OREO cookie chunks, one thing I like to do is sprinkle the tops of the cookies with more cookie chunks–that way there’s even more cookie in my cookie. If you know what I mean.
- What you need to know about the cream cheese in this cookie recipe–it’s got to be softened. Not melted, though–do not let it get too warm. If it’s too warm, the cookie dough won’t stick together right. But, the good news is, it’s ok if it does get too soft–you can just leave the cookie dough in the fridge for a few extra minutes before forming the balls.
How Long Do Cake OREO Peppermint Cookies Last?
You can expect your OREO Peppermint cookies to last without any problems for 5-7 days on the counter in an airtight container. If you’d like them to last longer, you can put them in the fridge, but I personally don’t like to do that because chocolate gets that weird film on it. If you can handle the film, great, but I can’t so no fridge for me.
Parisloft Pantry Rustic Wood Block Signs for Kitchen, Farmhouse Pantry Sign for Home DecorENVIX Dishwasher Magnet Clean Dirty Sign Double Sided Magnet Flip with Magnetic Plate Kitchen Dish Washer Reversible Indicator Farmhouse White GreyBarnyard Designs Decorative Nesting Kitchen Canister Jars with Lids, White Metal Rustic Vintage Farmhouse Container Decor for Flour Sugar Coffee Tea Storage, Set of 4, Largest is 5.5” x 11.25”
Can You Freeze OREO Peppermint Cookies?
I don’t recommend freezing the cookies once baked. I have this thing about chocolate and the weird film that it gets when it’s frozen. But, that weird film goes away when the cookies are baked.
So, what I recommend is, if you want to freeze these cookies, you should wrap-up the cookie dough (you can even wrap up the balls of cookie dough individually) so you can bake the cookies later!
DESSERT Recipes using oreos:
- OREO Cookie Balls
- OREO Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- OREO Cupcake Recipe
- OREO Pudding Pie Recipe
- OREO Bunny Cookies
PEPPERMINT DESSERT RECIPES:
- Peppermint Candy Cookies
- Mini Peppermint Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Marshmallow Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Graham Cracker Peppermint Bark
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
OREO Peppermint Cookies
I love these easy OREO peppermint cookies. They're soft, chocolatey and just so amazingly yummy.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter (unsalted)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 C Oreo cookie chunks
- 1 C Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, peppermint extract, and cream cheese.
- Fold in the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces, and chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough for one hour.
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Form dough into balls.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. The cookies will look gooey and soft, but they're done.
- Allow the cookies to remain on the cookie sheet and cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper from the baking sheet to the counter.
- Gently press down on the cookies with a flat spatula to flatten them.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply