Are you looking for a fun and easy way to celebrate Easter this year? Look no further than this festive Easter Bonnet Cake Recipe – it’s sure to be a hit! With easy steps and a few simple ingredients, you’ll have an impressive dessert that your guests will love. From the bright gumdrop flowers on top to the delicious cake below, you’ll be sure to have a hit at your Easter celebration!
Have you ever found yourself browsing through cookbooks or scrolling online, hunting through Cake Recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth? It’s such a pleasure to explore the vast variety of scrumptious and delightful cakes, from the all-time classic chocolate cake to the light and fluffy angel food cake – not to mention the endless possibilities of frosting and filling combinations. In the end, nothing compares to the magical moment when you pull a freshly baked cake out of the oven, tantalizing aroma wafting through the air, just waiting for you to share and enjoy with family and friends.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for this holiday treat!
- Yellow Cake Mix– Ah, the Easter Bonnet Cake – an eye-catching, scrumptious delight that adds a pop of color and sweetness to any Easter celebration. But have you ever wondered what makes it so irresistibly good? The secret is the Yellow Cake Mix. It not only brings together the right balance of rich, moist texture and fluffy crumb, but also combines perfectly with the layers of icing and cheery decorations, enhancing the entire Easter experience.
- Cold Milk– Cold milk plays a crucial role in achieving a luscious and creamy pudding filling that elevates the cake to new heights of deliciousness. By using cold milk, the pudding sets properly, thickening to just the right consistency while also ensuring the flavors meld together harmoniously.
- Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling– Ah, Easter Bonnet Cake – an all-time favorite recipe for celebrating the arrival of spring! But have you ever wondered what makes this delightful dessert truly stand out? It’s the lovely, lively lemon flavor from the instant pudding and pie filling! The zesty, tangy essence of the lemon not only adds a refreshing twist to the cake but also perfectly complements the sweetness from the frosting and other scrumptious toppings that adorn this festive treat.
- Cool Whip Whipped Topping– There’s just something about putting Cool Whip Whipped Topping on the Easter Bonnet Cake that takes the dessert to a whole new level of scrumptiousness. The smooth and creamy texture of Cool Whip perfectly complements the moist, rich cake, creating a harmonious balance of flavors and textures in every bite.
- Angel Flake Coconut– Ah, Easter Bonnet Cake – a classic dessert that truly banks on the whimsical spirit of the season. But do you know the secret ingredient that makes this cake a must-have on your Easter table? It’s the Angel Flake Coconut – the unsung hero that elevates this cake to new levels of delight. It’s not only known for its remarkable taste but also the texture it adds while accentuating the vibrant colors we associate with Easter celebration.
- Cloth Ribbon– Ah, the Easter Bonnet Cake – such a delightful and festive way to celebrate the holiday. You know what would make it even more charming and memorable? Adding a cloth ribbon around it! A cloth ribbon not only serves as an elegant touch, it also brings a dash of color and contrast to the cake, enhancing its visual appeal. Not to mention, it’s a nod to the tradition of wearing fancy hats decorated with ribbons during Easter festivities. (Or, you can use bubble gum tape that you find at the checkouts at the grocery store.)
- Gumdrop Flowers– Gumdrop Flowers add that perfect pop of color and whimsy to an Easter cake, making it truly stand out. Imagine biting into a scrumptious cake surrounded by adorable, sweet flowers that not only look fantastic but taste incredible too!
Baking Accessories at Amazon
KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – Aqua SkyHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsRoyal Industries Mixing Bowl, Stainless Steel, 1 1/2 qt, 7 1/2LloydPans Straight Sided Pizza Pan, Pre-seasoned PSTK (1, 12 inch)KitchenAid Gourmet Utility Whisk, 10.5-Inch, Matte Aqua Sky
What is the Secret to Super Moist Cake?
Ah, the elusive secret to a super moist cake! It’s that perfect, melt-in-your-mouth texture that all bakers dream of achieving. Well, my friend, the answer lies in two key factors: the ingredients and the baking method. In terms of ingredients, a richer fat like butter or oil and using sour cream, yogurt or even mayonnaise can really boost the moisture content.
Now, for the baking method, don’t be tempted to overmix your batter – a few lumps are perfectly fine. Lastly, keep a careful eye on your cake while it bakes. As soon as it passes the toothpick test, get that cake out of the oven to avoid over-baking. And voilà! You’re well on your way to a deliciously moist masterpiece. Enjoy!
How Long Does Cake Stay Fresh?
You know, one of the most frequently asked questions in the world of baking is “How long does cake stay fresh?” I mean, no one wants to serve a stale or spoiled cake, right? I’ve found that the freshness of a cake actually depends on the ingredients used and how it’s stored.
Typically, cakes with perishable fillings, such as whipped cream or custard, tend to have a shorter shelf life of about two days when stored in the refrigerator. On the other hand, butter-based cakes can stay fresh for around three days at room temperature and up to a week if refrigerated.
If you want to extend the freshness even more, you can always go for freezing the cake, which helps to maintain its deliciousness for a couple of months. So, the next time you bake or buy a cake, just remember these tips to ensure your cake stays fresh and tasty for the perfect treat!
What’s the Best Way to Wrap Cake to Store It?
Have you ever found yourself stumped on how to keep your delicious cake fresh and flavorful after slicing into it? Fear not, I’ve got the perfect solution for you! The key is to wrap the cake in a way that prevents it from drying out or getting discolored. For smaller pieces or slices, you can simply use plastic wrap, ensuring that it clings snugly to the cake with no air pockets.
Now, if you have a larger cake, a great option is to secure a piece of wax paper or parchment paper against the exposed cake surface and then cover it with plastic wrap. Alternatively, you could place the cake in an airtight container, just make sure to leave enough space so that the frosting doesn’t stick to the lid. With these techniques, you’ll surely have a scrumptious treat waiting for you every time you satisfy your sweet tooth!
Easter Home Decor at Amazon
4 Pieces Easter Bunny Table Wooden Signs Bunny Shaped Farmhouse Decor Spring Bunny Wood Tabletop Easter Decorations Easter Bunny Dining Room Table Decor Sign Bunny Decor with RopeEaster Decorations, Easter Mason Jar Decoration, Easter Farmhouse Decor Dinning Rustic Table Centerpieces Decor for Home, Easter Mason Jars Centerpiece Decorations, Easter Centerpiece For TableTreory Easter Decorations for The Home, 3 pcs Easter Bunny Wooden Table Centerpiece Signs Easter Decor Rustic Tiered Tray Decor Farmhouse Decor for Easter Gifts, Black, White, Natural Wood ColorSY Super Bang Hop Sign, Rustic Wooden Hanging Easter Front Door Wreaths Decorations, For Home Wall Porch Farmhouse Spring Summer Party Decor – Indoor/Outdoor.VGIA 18 inch Easter Wreath Artificial Easter Egg Wreath Spring Door Wreath with Mixed Twigs and Flowers Easter Decorations with Colorful Eggs for Indoor and Outdoor Home DecorEaster Wooden Hanging Sign Easter Bunny Door Hanger Easter Welcome Door Sign Easter Door Decorations Wreath Easter Hanging Plaque Bunny Rabbit Sign with Bow for Easter Shop Home Garden Spring Decor
More Cake Recipes!
- Ultimate Chocolate Poke Cake
- Rainbow Mini Cakes
- Layered Black Forest Cake Recipe
- Hersheys Bar Chocolate Cake
You’ll Love These Other Easter Recipes
- Easter Bunny Cake
- Sweet Cadbury Easter Dip
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes Recipe
- Easter Mini Bundt Cakes from a Cake Mix
Easter Bonnet Cake Recipe
This Easter, make a cake that's as festive as it is delicious. This recipe for an Easter bonnet cake is easy to follow and will leave you with a sweet treat that everyone will love.
- 1 Package (2-Layer Size) Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 Cups Cold Milk
- 1 Package (4-Serving Size) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 1 Tub (8 Ounces) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 2 2/3 Cups (7 Ounces) Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut
- Cloth Ribbon (optional)
- Gumdrop Flowers
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Pour 3 1/2 cups of the batter into greased and floured 1 1/2-quart metal or ovenproof glass bowl. Pour remaining batter into greased and floured 12x3/4-inch pizza pan.
- Bake 15 minutes for the pan and 50 minutes for the bowl or until the toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and bowl. Cool completely on wire racks. If bottom of bowl-shaped cake is very rounded, thinly slice to make flat. Cut bowl-shaped cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Pour milk into small bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 1 to 2 minutes.
- Please 12-inch cake layer on serving tray. Spread with 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Center bottom layer of bowl-shaped cake on frosted layer; spread with 2/3 of the pudding. Add second layer; spread with remaining pudding. Add top layer, forming the crown.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over the crown. Sprinkle coconut over the cake. Tie ribbon around the crown to form hat band. Garnish with Gumdrop Flowers. Store cake in refrigerator.
Leave a Reply