If you’re looking for an easy but delicious pie recipe to wow your guests this holiday season, then look no further than Chocolate Peppermint Pie! This scrumptious dessert has a crushed chocolate covered mint-flavored cookie crust and is filled with cream cheese, sugar, milk, peppermint extract and cool whip whipped topping. And don’t forget the green food coloring to give it that extra festive look! Try it for yourself and you’ll see why Chocolate Peppermint Pie is a holiday favorite!
Who doesn’t love pie? There’s just something about that flaky crust and sweet filling that makes it irresistible. And while pies can seem daunting to make, there are actually quite a few Easy Pie Recipes out there. Whether you’re in the mood for a classic apple pie or something a little more creative, there’s sure to be a recipe that’s perfect for you. So next time you’re craving pie, don’t be afraid to give it a try – you might be surprised at how easy it is to make!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this delicious pie recipe!
- Chocolate Covered Mint-Flavored Cookies– Chocolate covered mint-flavored cookies are the perfect addition to chocolate peppermint pie. The chocolate and mint flavors complement each other perfectly, and the cookies add a lovely crunch to the pie.
- Graham Cracker Crust– The Graham Cracker Crust adds a slight sweetness to the crust, which pairs well with the rich chocolate and mint flavors of the filling. And since the crust is already baked, there’s no need to pre-bake the pie, making it even easier to prepare.
- Cream Cheese– In sweet dishes, cream cheese adds richness and body, making it an ideal choice for chocolate peppermint pie. The slightly tangy flavor of cream cheese pairs well with the sweetness of chocolate, while the creamy texture helps to balance out the dense chocolate filling.
- Sugar– The chocolate and mint can be quite strong on their own, but the sugar helps to round out the flavors and make them more palatable. Sugar also helps to create a smooth, silky texture in chocolate peppermint pie. Without sugar, the filling would be grainy and unpalatable.
- Milk– Milk adds creaminess and body to the filling, making it rich and delicious. Milk helps to temper the sweetness of the chocolate, creating a well-balanced flavor.
- Peppermint Extract– Peppermint extract is a key ingredient in chocolate peppermint pie, and for good reason. Peppermint extract gives the pie a refreshing flavor that pairs well with the rich chocolate.
- Cool Whip Topping– Cool Whip Topping is often used as a topping for chocolate peppermint pie because it pairs well with the rich chocolate flavor and the minty aroma of the pie. Cool Whip Topping is also a good choice for chocolate peppermint pie because it is light and fluffy, making it a refreshing contrast to the dense chocolate filling.
- Green Food Coloring– Green food coloring is often used in chocolate peppermint pies, and there are a few reasons why. It helps to give the pie an appealing color that will stand out from other pies. It can also help to add a festive touch to the pie, perfect for holiday gatherings.
Pie Baking Essentials from Amazon
KitchenAid K45SSWH Stand Mixer, 4.5 Q, WhitePyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer SafeHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Anchor Hocking Oven Basics 9.5-Inch Deep Pie Plate, Clear, 1 PieceKOOV Ceramic Pie Pan, 9 Inches Pie Plate, Pie Dish for Dessert Kitchen, Round Baking Dish Pan for Dinner, Wrapping Upgrade, Reactive Glaze (Nebula Blue)KitchenAid Vitrified Stoneware Pie Plate, 9-Inch, Pistachio
Can You Make Chocolate Peppermint Pie Ahead of Time?
It’s the holidays, and that means it’s time to start thinking about all of the delicious food you’ll be eating. One of the best things about this time of year is the abundance of pies. But if you’re hosting a holiday gathering, the last thing you want to do is spend all day in the kitchen.
The good news is that chocolate peppermint pie can be made ahead of time, so you can enjoy the party instead of being stuck in the kitchen. Just be sure to wrap it tightly and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Your guests will be impressed by your baking skills, and they’ll never know how easy it was to make.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Peppermint Pie?
Chocolate peppermint pie is a holiday classic, but what do you do with the leftovers? Can you freeze chocolate peppermint pie, or will it be a disaster?
The good news is that chocolate peppermint pie freezes quite well. The chocolate and mint flavors actually seem to intensify when frozen, so if you’re looking for a way to make the flavor last, freezing is a great option. The texture of the pie will change slightly when frozen – it will be icier and less creamy – but overall it will still be quite delicious.
To freeze chocolate peppermint pie, simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for up to two months. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw the pie in the refrigerator overnight and then enjoy.
What Other Crust Can You Use for Chocolate Peppermint Pie?
Chocolate peppermint pie is a delicious dessert that can be made with a variety of different crusts. While a traditional graham cracker crust works well, you could also use a chocolate cookie crust, a chocolate wafer crust, or even a chocolate pudding crust. If you’re feeling creative, you could even make your own chocolate crust using chocolate chips and ground nuts. No matter what kind of crust you use, your chocolate peppermint pie is sure to be a hit!
Holiday Baking Essentials from Amazon
Wilton Non-Stick Christmas Cookie Shapes Pan, 12-Cavity (Gingerbread Man, Tree, Snowman)100 Sheets Christmas Wax Paper 10 x 10 Inches Deli Food Basket Liners – Ocmoiy Food Picnic Sandwich Wrapping Colored Decorative Parchment Paper for Holiday Baking (Christmas Tree & Gingerbread)Mini Pie Maker for Christmas Party Baking Supplies, Snowflake, Mitt and Christmas Tree Shapes 3-Piece, Dough Presser Pocket Pie Mold Set, Hand Pie Molds6 Pieces Christmas Silicone Spatula Xmas Cake Spatula with Wooden Handle Snowmen Pancake Spatula Cute Pan Scraper Xmas Dish Scraper Cooking Spatulas for Kitchen Mixing Cooking Baking (Cute Style)Christmas Cookie Cutter Set – 5 Piece Holiday Cookie Molds – 3.5Fox Run Christmas Disposable Bake Cups, 1.5 x 1.5 x 0.75 inches, White
You’ll Love these Other Amazing Pie Recipes!
- German Sweet Chocolate Pie Recipe
- Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
- Blueberry Pancake Pie Recipe
- Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
Try These Other Delicious Peppermint Dessert Recipes!
- Christmas Oreo Peppermint Cookies
- How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Peppermint Bark Brownies from Scratch
- Homemade Chocolate Peppermint Bread
Chocolate Peppermint Pie
This Chocolate Peppermint Pie recipe is so delicious and perfect for the holidays!
- 1 Cup Crushed Chocolate Covered Mint-Flavored Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 1 Prepared Graham Cracker Crumb Crust (6 Ounces)
- 4 Ounces Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 Tub (8 Ounces) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 6 to 10 drops Green Food Coloring
- Additional thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- Green gumdrop spearmint leaves (optional)
- Red cinnamon candies (optional)
- Mix cookies and hot water in small bowl. Spread evenly in bottom of crust.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar, milk and peppermint extract until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Divide mixture in half, stir food coloring into 1/2 of the whipped topping mixture until evenly colored. Spoon green and white whipped topping mixtures alternately into crust. Smooth top with spatula.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Garnish with additional whipped topping before serving.
- Decorate with spearmint leaves and cinnamon candies to make holly leaves and berries. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
Leave a Reply